Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

"All the rewards from every quest you ever completed!"

So I re-watched

And at 1:30 it says "And all the rewards from every quest you ever completed!" yet my collection has no items added from previous quests. Is this and error because it's a little shit if this is only for new characters considering I have 10 lvl 100s

Works fine for me. My collection is full of crappy, ugly greens and blues that I sold ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

It takes a bit for the game to parse the data. I was still getting fabulous achievements for many minutes after logging in.

All the rewards the character you completed the quests with can equip. Not ALL the possible rewards there is. Oh yeah, it's also bugged for Survival hunters, the game still thinks they are ranged spec or something, since some 2h sword rewards won't unlock to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    All the rewards the character you completed the quests with can equip. Not ALL the possible rewards there is. Oh yeah, it's also bugged for Survival hunters, the game still thinks they are ranged spec or something, since some 2h sword rewards won't unlock to them.

So fucking stupid, the only thing this system really improved is bank space, it didn't make it easier at all to collect for other characters. There is always a limit to the fun, Blizz always limits really fun things in someway.

Deleted
    Well there's certainly not all the rewards in my collections between 1-100

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    So fucking stupid, the only thing this system really improved is bank space, it didn't make it easier at all to collect for other characters. There is always a limit to the fun, Blizz always limits really fun things in someway.
    I haven't decided if I'm happy about not being able to farm say, lock mogs on my other classes.

On one hand, I saved for almost a year a tonne of cloth pieces on my characters for nothing, (I misunderstood the ad)...
    But on the other hand, having a cool and hard to get mog feels nice, especially knowing it didn't become 10x easier to get, in the same way that mounts became less rare when they became cross-character (though that was a change I liked.

Seriously though, half of my bank/void space was taken by other class' mogs on my pally.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    of course you have to farm the transmolol on the character you plan to use it on. im tempted to say idiot but i wont because you're just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    of course you have to farm the transmolol on the character you plan to use it on. im tempted to say idiot but i wont because you're just lazy.
    Why an idiot?
    Realistically, Blizzard has been allowing a lot of cosmetics to be cross-character (titles, mounts, achievements), so why would someone be an "idiot" for suspecting that they would do the same with transmog?

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Or the issue could be that pre-Cataclysm rewards are, ehm, slightly, unobtainable now. Not many people had the foresight to do Loremaster pre-Cata on 4 characters (cloth, leather, mail, plate)...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or the issue could be that pre-Cataclysm rewards are, ehm, slightly, unobtainable now. Not many people had the foresight to do Loremaster pre-Cata on 4 characters (cloth, leather, mail, plate)...
    And who exactly is looking forward to Loremaster x 4 (or x3 or whatever), in order to get the items that are still obtainable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    And who exactly is looking forward to Loremaster x 4 (or x3 or whatever), in order to get the items that are still obtainable?
    huge lore addicts? people with way to much free time?

It's not the best design, no.

Damn that's a good point; didn't even think of the quests.
    My pally would have a lot more mogs right now if that were the case due to usually picking the plate option in quest rewards for vendor price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worked fine for me. Or so I assume, since I got all of the wardrobe achievements on my main by just logging in. I had almost nothing stored in my bank, so it's not from there either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Damn that's a good point; didn't even think of the quests.
    My pally would have a lot more mogs right now if that were the case due to usually picking the plate option in quest rewards for vendor price.
    Well this is one thing that Blizzard did right. You get all the rewards appropriate to your armor type even if you didn't choose them.

Deleted
    Do they actually have that information left? Other than the fact that you completed the quest

Also I picked monetary rewards when I did all the quests on my Druid so yeaaaaaaaah

Well this is one thing that Blizzard did right. You get all the rewards appropriate to your armor type even if you didn't choose them.
    Oh did they?? Damn that's actually great. Good to know Blizzard realizes that we'd have otherwise been locked out of those options.

Honestly, I'm sure a lot of the quest items contributed to Fabulous in that case.

it just shows why they have to limit fun, what does it matter if I get it gear on one character to transmog on another? It doesn't add anything to power or anything other than a look, So I have to decide "hmmm do I want to run X this week on my hunter? because if that really rare sword drops then im going to be utterly pissed". It's a limit to an otherwise amazing feature.

If you complete a quest on a warrior, you unlock all plate/strength appearances. Mail/leather/cloth remains locked until you complete the quest again on an appropriate class.