Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Metamorphosis - why the form?

I understand it's cool to some people, to turn into a giant purple demon. However, I like to see my character, especially when I'm powered up like that. I realize some will disagree because they enjoy the form, but that doesn't really negate the fact that others don't.

They ended up adding glyphs to hide these form changes to a lot of other classes' relevant cooldowns. Some didn't like ascendance and how it changed form, and so they added a glyph to hide it. Speaking of which, how do you obtain those minor glyphs now in Legion?

In any case, would anyone else like to see a way to hide the form?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

It's part of the Demon Hunters class fantasy, If you don't like it then the class obviously isn't for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It's part of the Demon Hunters class fantasy, If you don't like it then the class obviously isn't for you
    There's far more to Demon Hunters than just turning into a demon. Somebody doesn't have to like everything about a class for the class to be "for them."

All glyphs are "minor" glyphs now, you buy them off the AH or get a scribe to make them and apply them directly to the spell they effect.

As for Meta, i like the idea, I'm just not a huge fan of the look for Havok, a glyph to allow the Vengeance form in Havok would be amazing though imho, the female belf Havok form is just ugly.
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2016-07-23 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    All glyphs are "minor" glyphs now, you buy them off the AH or get a scribe to make them and apply them directly to the spell they effect.

As for Meta, i like the idea, I'm just not a huge fan of the look for Havok, a glyph to allow the Vengeance form in Havok would be amazing though imho, the female belf Havok form is just ugly imho.
    Ya I agree, the form is really hideous. I find it annoying too, how we play an RPG where we want to try to look as unique as possible, now more than ever with the tmog system. However, this form goes against that, making anyone who presses that button a carbon fuckin copy of any other demon hunter who presses that button. What's the reasoning behind that?

I want to be able to see MY gear, the stuff that makes my character unique to me. ESPECIALLY when I'm using a cooldown like metamorphosis

- - - Updated - - -

Customizing your character in an RPG is part of the GAME fantasy, and metamorphosis goes directly against that

Not gunna lie though, my major issue with the Havok form is the hooves and the illidan esq horns, i like my character to have feet, and less vulger horns, like i said i love the vengeance form, Havoks is just meh to me.

But hey its 30 seconds every 4 minutes, and i generally have more shit to look at and pay attention to than my character during that window so i can live with it

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    There's far more to Demon Hunters than just turning into a demon. Somebody doesn't have to like everything about a class for the class to be "for them."
    Notice how I didn't say "Demon Hunters are all about turning into a demon"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Customizing your character in an RPG is part of the GAME fantasy, and metamorphosis goes directly against that
    Lmao, Meta doesn't deny customization in any way, shape or form.

It's a 30 sec CD, Get over it.

The entitlement is strong with you lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Heaven forbid people have differing tastes and opinions then voice them.....

Notice how I didn't say "Demon Hunters are all about turning into a demon"

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao, Meta doesn't deny customization in any way, shape or form.

It's a 30 sec CD, Get over it.

How does it not? It's 30 sec that denies any customization that you did to your character, LITERALLY through a shape AND a form???

How does it not? It's 30 sec that denies any customization that you did to your character, LITERALLY through a shape AND a form???
    Maybe I'm just a salty feral, but dude.. it's 30s. If you can't handle that every 30s you'll be a non-special snowflake... eh.

I also don't know any content where I stop attacking / killing things / whatever i'm doing because for 30s of it I can't see my amazeball transmog that I'm not staring at while I'm fighting anyway because I have much better things to look at while I'm attacking.

Xmog is is for when you're standing around in cities or before the pull.. it matters fuckall during the pull, imo.

Demon Hunter is about containing the demonic essence while using its power. Meta is an important part of that - turning into a demon and still not succumb to corruption. But I would loke to be able to supress transforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Maybe I'm just a salty feral, but dude.. it's 30s. If you can't handle that every 30s you'll be a non-special snowflake... eh.

I also don't know any content where I stop attacking / killing things / whatever i'm doing because for 30s of it I can't see my amazeball transmog that I'm not staring at while I'm fighting anyway because I have much better things to look at while I'm attacking.

Xmog is is for when you're standing around in cities or before the pull.. it matters fuckall during the pull, imo.
    Dude special snowflake has nothing to do with it. It's a non customizable form man. Even druid forms allow for customization.

There's really not much to argue against it. It's the same situation as Shaman Ascendance, and Blizzard ended up adding a glyph for that.

Deleted
    and here I thought that everybody will roll Dh exactly for this very reason. to dislike demon form is some really odd stuff. FBI should look closely.

Dude special snowflake has nothing to do with it. It's a non customizable form man. Even druid forms allow for customization.

There's really not much to argue against it. It's the same situation as Shaman Ascendance, and Blizzard ended up adding a glyph for that.
    Not.. really. You get one of five or six colors, but you look exactly the same. Legion is the first expansion where you'll have a difference... of four forms, with the same shared colors for both factions, with most of those locked behind things people won't do, so it's actually less customization for most people.

But I repeat again: why does it MATTER when using when you'd use meta? In a melee pile you're not even going to be able to see yourself for the most part and why are you staring at your xmog when you should be doing pretty much anything else, because anything else would be far more useful.

Not.. really. You get one of five or six colors, but you look exactly the same. Legion is the first expansion where you'll have a difference... of four forms, with the same shared colors for both factions, with most of those locked behind things people won't do, so it's actually less customization for most people.

But I repeat again: why does it MATTER when using when you'd use meta? In a melee pile you're not even going to be able to see yourself for the most part and why are you staring at your xmog when you should be doing pretty much anything else, because anything else would be far more useful.
    Some people are interested in things other than DPS meters.

Some people are interested in things other than DPS meters.
    Interesting that I never noted DPS meters.

I'm talking things like.. boss moving, fire, adds that you need to get to, or a variety of other things that occur in all levels of content and skill. And again: how are you SEEING your character in the melee pile to begin with? Because I sure as hell can't, and I play fairly close in already.

I don't know a single person, casual or not, that gets mad because they can't see their transmog while fighting... because why are you staring at your character's back and nothing more? Is there an amazing cape and shoulder set I'm missing out on or something?

Interesting that I never noted DPS meters.

I'm talking things like.. boss moving, fire, adds that you need to get to, or a variety of other things that occur in all levels of content and skill. And again: how are you SEEING your character in the melee pile to begin with? Because I sure as hell can't, and I play fairly close in already.

I don't know a single person, casual or not, that gets mad because they can't see their transmog while fighting... because why are you staring at your character's back and nothing more? Is there an amazing cape and shoulder set I'm missing out on or something?
    You do not know every player now, do you?

You do not know every player now, do you?
    I challenge you to read a post before submitting a trollish one-liner. "I don't know a single person" means, in quite plain english, "of all the people I know, not one" not "everyone in the world thinks like this!".

I challenge you to read a post before submitting a trollish one-liner. "I don't know a single person" means, in quite plain english, "of all the people I know, not one" not "everyone in the world thinks like this!".
    Dude just stop man. I feel you, but the fact they added a glyph to hide Ascendance form, pretty much burns down any argument to say that Meta doesn't need one too.

Oh, so you understand figurative speech when you use it, but not when somebody else says something like "Not everybody is interested in DPS meters?"

Just because you don't personally know anybody that cares about their transmog in combat doesn't mean there aren't other people that do. Or that there are people around who - gasp! - just don't like the Meta form. And just because all you care about is how effective something is in a raid doesn't mean there aren't other players who are more concerned with how their character is presented.

Just because you fail to grasp why something might be important to another person doesn't mean it is not important to them.