Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mage has zero selfheals.
    You get a double Ice Block talent that also heals you for a piss amount now.

7+ Year Old Account
    "All but gone" so you mean its not gone, its litterally all over the place?

also all secs have rather good self heal now really, even rogues got good self healing, the lowest i would say fro self healing is most likely mages and frost/unholy dks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Warlock has plenty of self healing through demon skin, sacrificial pact, drain life, and siphon life. You also have access to a tanking pet. Shadow Priest also has Shadow Mend granted it ooms you really quick, VE, and PW:S. Losing DP really hurt, but I still managed to solo up to Ji-Kun. Fading onto Mindbender is a good trick to save you some life too.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-07-23 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Thats called food.
    By Heal i meant spell hence the word heal and not mentioning a way to regen health. They could of easily shifted the healing from IC to OOC, by giving them a passive that makes casted heals heal for X% more when OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Fury still has really good self-healing. Feral's Healing Touches got buffed, but they lost Rejuvenation in Cat Form; not sure how that balances out. Windwalker's self-healing is much better now than before. So it's not all completely gutted, just...a lot of it.
    Feral's sustain is awful at present. It would be nice if the resto affinity talent made rejuv castable in form--I suspect they might do that in the future, because Ysera's gift doesn't outweigh having a decent bear form and 10% reduced damage all the time.

But rejuvenation isn't the big loss--it's losing Nature's Vigil that hurts us so much. That was basically the keystone of our soloing ability of tough mobs.

Now, the artifact has a trait that gives +45% to healing touch, not too far into the tree. So for the most self-healing, we can spec in a way that gives us as many finishers as possible. Might work in Legion, but right now it's pretty weak.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    But rejuvenation isn't the big loss--it's losing Nature's Vigil that hurts us so much. That was basically the keystone of our soloing ability of tough mobs.
    Blizzard's response?

Soloing is a game best played with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's odd that you think what you just wrote there in any way contradicts what I was saying.

WoW was the phenomenon it was because it expanded well beyond the RTS base.
    How long did WoW take to get past the number of people that played Warcraft3? Hint: WoW didn't start with 12 million subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh... WAAH. Time? So it takes a few seconds. That's GOOD for the RP side of the game.
    F* the RP side. Nobody but people on Argent Dawn cares about the RP side.
    Getting back 80% of your HP should take a bit of time (and if it were realistic would take far longer than 30 seconds).
    Forcing subjective realism in a process that is completely unrealistic in a game where we travel through time, fly giant dragons and negate fall damage but jumping out of mid air into the ground smashing it in the process is ridiculous.
    this is good for the RP aspect as
    Nobody cares. RP is NOT an argument, ever once you step outside of an RP server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm curious why you feel Ret has less self healing than before. We lost WoG sure, but it was replaced by two possible talents that heal, one that even does good damage while it heals. In addition, Ret also now has a 1% health HoT that can be up when soloing. Flash of light heals about the same as it always did, albeit only hard cast now. LoH is still there, including a talent to reduce the CD in half, like always. Of all the complaints about new Ret, healing isn't really on our radar.
    As I said, I wasn't complaing, merely wondering about why the selfhealing was so nerfed. I feel fine as ret doing old raids, not doubt about it. But the other classes feel a bit gimped. My enhancement shaman feels it the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yes, please let me bandage during spine. It's not like there's so much damage flying around all the time and I've got to move and and and. Seriously it feels the only way some people are ever going to stop crying about bandages is when Blizzard finally removes first aid. Which is long overdue.
    Yes, should have clarified it in my post earlier that it is this fight I struggle with the most atm, except with my assrogue ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My elemental felt naked with so few options, but I was still able to self heal through kazzak. Bad example, but the strip down is apparent, indeed.
    I know exactly what you mean. The ele shaman healing capability is all but gone, even talents like AG aren't viable due to their comparative weakness. I was able to ele heal some time walking dungeons, and it felt about the same as ele healing TW dungeons prior except I was OOM and panicking the whole time. What is it like 5 casts of surge with 100% of mana at lvl 100 right now? Amazingly enough no one died.
    Last edited by Samesnotatroll; 2016-07-23 at 08:55 PM.
    That, my friend, is called building an empire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You get a double Ice Block talent that also heals you for a piss amount now.
    It's less than what the glyphed version gave in WoD, also 5 mins cooldown per charge, bandages would be more efficient.

The success the devs commented on in regards to solo play was to get players to level cap. Even in WotLK the bulk of endgame revolved around group based content that required teamwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Feral's sustain is awful at present. It would be nice if the resto affinity talent made rejuv castable in form--I suspect they might do that in the future, because Ysera's gift doesn't outweigh having a decent bear form and 10% reduced damage all the time.

Now, the artifact has a trait that gives +45% to healing touch, not too far into the tree. So for the most self-healing, we can spec in a way that gives us as many finishers as possible. Might work in Legion, but right now it's pretty weak.
    Yeah, having played around with it a bit now, it's definitely a lot weaker than I expected it to be. Although I was using Balance Affinity so I was intentionally giving up some defenses/self-healing.

both dd druid specs and wind walker monks have a lot of selfheals, those of the druid spec also can heal others, so its only fair that they can't cast it all in moonkin or cat form, the healer spec talent for each dd druid spec gives not only ysera perk a passive heal based on %HP but also 3 other heals to spam. just compare the passive heal with those others have....arms warri second wind can only heal if he gets no dmg, roughly same amount as ysera's, talent of sub rogue has a passive heal too but only in stealth, without a group this will reset mobs, so its mostly useful in pvp until pvp templates remove or nerf it.

also, i did not find a weakness playing wind walker monk......not at all. high mobility, high dmg, fluent gameplay, strong selfheals, like very strong. probably DH won't be the only hero class in legion.

and while burst and dps numbers that are insane right now might be high on some pure dd spec(well prepared assa rogue bleeds on single targets for example) this can be easly nerfed by fixing the numbers, while an all around good mobility, selfheal, burst/constant high dmg design can't easily changed so quickly without further testing.

probably its the right time to play a monk if selfheal and probably also gutted mobility concerns you, because honestly both is insane on a wind walker and this is by design not just numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mage has zero selfheals.
    nvm i read the talent wrong
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2016-07-23 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a shadow priest, i don't see what the problem is :s

10+ Year Old Account
    3 words lmfao.... Blood Death Knight

im fine with almost all self healing being gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    Yes, should have clarified it in my post earlier that it is this fight I struggle with the most atm, except with my assrogue ofc.
    We appear to have this nonsense every few expansions. It always goes with the whole "larger health pools" and "more triage healing". You see all the usual suspects crawl out, from the RP crowd to rose tinted vanilla goggle types. It never works out and it's never done consequent by any measure. I.e some clases retain a lot of self heal while others are gutted.

In the end they usually quite quickly move away from it, as despite what some claim it turns out not to be all that much fun and the triage healing works very badly in PvP most of the time. At which point more and more self heal and other things are introduced. Rinse and repeat. Last time this went down was Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Last time this went down was Cataclysm.
    But Cataclysm was the expansion to bring self healing to classes that had none before, like recuperate to rogues.