Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Dude just stop man. I feel you, but the fact they added a glyph to hide Ascendance form, pretty much burns down any argument to say that Meta doesn't need one too.
    They've also stated Incarnation will never be removed, as it allows for a silhouette in PvP.. which is what Meta does for DH.

They've also removed the Ascendance form glyph, which is why I wasn't bothering with that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be in favor of a glyph that remvoves the transformation effect from Metamorphasis. I'm pretty strongly against the super edgy "demon within" motif... I miss when demon hunters hunted demons and not just... were demons.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Oh, so you understand figurative speech when you use it, but not when somebody else says something like "Not everybody is interested in DPS meters?"

Just because you don't personally know anybody that cares about their transmog in combat doesn't mean there aren't other people that do. Or that there are people around who - gasp! - just don't like the Meta form. And just because all you care about is how effective something is in a raid doesn't mean there aren't other players who are more concerned with how their character is presented.
    Again, you make wild extrapolations of my position that make zero sense. Good job getting ragey over a strawman, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Again, you make wild extrapolations of my position that make zero sense. Good job getting ragey over a strawman, I guess.
    Ah yes, saying "Just because it doesn't matter to YOU doesn't mean it doesn't matter to other people" in response to you saying "Why does it matter? It doesn't matter to me or my friends" is such a straw man.

I can see them adding a glyph to tone down metamorphosis, but not flat out remove the form altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I would be in favor of a glyph that remvoves the transformation effect from Metamorphasis. I'm pretty strongly against the super edgy "demon within" motif... I miss when demon hunters hunted demons and not just... were demons.
    The whole point of the "demon within" motif is that they channel the energy and strength of their enemies to help fight against them.
    Demons aren't weak, so by utilizing their power, they even the playing field.

Ah yes, saying "Just because it doesn't matter to YOU doesn't mean it doesn't matter to other people" in response to you saying "Why does it matter? It doesn't matter to me or my friends" is such a straw man.
    Point to me where I said anything about caring how effective something was in a raid.

The closest you'll get is "cannot see it in most content while in combat". Which is absolutely true, and has nothing to do with damage at all. Function of being melee. If we were talking about a ranged you'd have a point.. but DH are not ranged.

That being said, you just want to scream at anyone that disagrees as usual, so /salute

There's never been a time when Demon Hunters didn't have the "demon within" motif. They have always been about using the powers of the Legion against it and treading the line between using the demonic power, and becoming a demon themselves.

so you miss those couple of hours of missions in wc3 where Illidan didnt have meta? cos after that demon hunters have ALWAYS been about "the demon within moriff" and using said demon within to channel its power to kill other demons

How does it not? It's 30 sec that denies any customization that you did to your character, LITERALLY through a shape AND a form???
    No, It doesn't.

You can still change your armor, Transmog it, Enchant it, Race change etc.

If you don't like it either don't use it or don't play the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

You should read Illidan book. They literally have inside them demon. Its a part of their transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    No, It doesn't.

Eh, naw. There were naysayers for Ascendance form that said the same thing. And then they added a glyph.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    No, It doesn't.

A glyph to change the Meta form is not an unreasonable request. It's not likely to happen, and it certainly wouldn't happen in a way where there is no visual effect when the Metamorphosis ability is used, but it is not an unreasonable request. Coming in here and saying "If you don't like it then don't play the class" or "It doesn't matter to me so it shouldn't matter to you" are not reasonable, however.

They have been using that motif ever since they were introduced into Warcraft. You and several others on this topic seem to have missed the whole point of Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Transforming into a demon is a very big part of the class and class fantasy....No seriously it is literally one of its important features. Think it'd be a demon hunter without meta? Fuck no. It is the most iconic abilities of demon hunters. If you don't like it go play rogues then.
    And I here I am picking "The Hunt" in HotS more often than not.

(For the uninitiated, "The Hunt" is one of Illidan's ultimate talent options and is mutually exclusive with "Metamorphosis.")

i love how people are bitching about having to deal with 30seconds of not seeing their gear, and i have to deal with it for years cause im a druid, grow up and get over it. you ain't a special snowflake, if you dont like it dont play it.

Deleted
    The answer is super simple, because it looks badass.

Well that, and the delicious sustenance we get from warlock tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    every damn character has several ultimates in that game and abilities are overly simplified. On top of that you don't have the same attachment to the character you control as people normally do in MMORPG games since matches are extremely short and you always restart with a clean slate in every match.

Wow is a different game. It's a game where you immerse yourself into the world and stick with a character for more than just 20 minutes at a time.
    The difference is like day and night.
    And none of that has anything to do with the fact that a Demon Hunter without Metamorphosis is still a Demon Hunter. They are not defined by one single ability.

I want to have two-hand sword as a rogue and be a freaking ninja, but I can't.

But actually Metamorphosis is big part of Demon Hunter class.

I miss when demon hunters hunted demons and not just... were demons.
    Wtf are you talking about? Demon Hunter always had Metamorphosis form.

And none of that has anything to do with the fact that a Demon Hunter without Metamorphosis is still a Demon Hunter. They are not defined by one single ability.
    This is true, but you wouldn't be a very powerful Demon Hunter, Powerful demon hunters are those with a demonic soul who can invoke meta and that's exactly what the player character is. hell if you chose to sacrifice yourself in a quest in the starting zone Illidan explains you have an immortal demon soul If you wernt a powerful demon hunter it wouldn't make sense to do the things you do and wield the artifacts etc

But this is all WILDLEY off topic for the thread, the thread was about the aesthetics of the Meta form....

Dude just stop man. I feel you, but the fact they added a glyph to hide Ascendance form, pretty much burns down any argument to say that Meta doesn't need one too.
    There's a difference between hiding Ascendance form and not ever showing the demon that is locked up within your soul and whispering to you about every action you take and requires feeding and control so it doesn't consume you from within. This entire thread gave me a headache. Just... stop.

- - - Updated - - -

They kinda are but okay.