15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    Agi>crit>vers=haste>mastery
    Why is Agi the main priority? U cant really gem for it..its there on all gear on default. Vers is really better than master? Isnt the Movespeed combo with chaos dmg better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Okay, so where do we stand now? We are a few weeks from demon hunters releasing, and lots of tuning still is on the way possibly, though seems like beta builds are getting less frequent.

So where do we stand? Just curious and i think it is fun to rank

What are your guys top 3-5 on single target dps?

What are your top 3-5 on 1-3 targets (cleave)

What are your top 3-5 on full aoe 4-5+?

Yes i know these can all change drastically! But just curious and it is fun to rank (imo)
    I dunno I was doing 1.5M+ bursts and 500k sustained on 4targets with 813ilv. I just use the artifact, fel barrage glaive toss with bloodlet and 2 charges plus eyebeam. his is in heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Why is Agi the main priority? U cant really gem for it..its there on all gear on default. Vers is really better than master? Isnt the Movespeed combo with chaos dmg better?
    Agi is a higher damage increase than anything other than weapon damage (which is moot outside of relic discussion), the reason it is pertinent to say is because if you currently have a piece that has crit/vers but is 810 and you get an 820 piece with Mast/haste the second piece is better (this is a drastic oversimplification of stat weights) because the higher ilvl=higher agi within a given expac. This is about choosing to replace a piece even if you lose a secondary stat. To contrast this look at something like certain shadow builds in WoD, with AS you prioritized crit over int, so an ilvl upgrade wasnt necessarily an upgrade.

Mastery scales very badly ATM and vers boosts all damage, mastery only gets strong for 12 sec at a time, and thats only if you are using CB, which is still not strong enough to buff it past 3rd. Movement speed is one of those things thats nice, but not strong enough to make mastery stronger.
    Last edited by enchiridion; 2016-07-23 at 04:51 PM.

Agi is still tracked as a stat weight to determine if an item is better or not. For instance a piece of chest armor with more agility on it (higher ilvl) but sub optimal secondary stats in generally better than a chest piece with less agi but better secondary stat allocation because agility has a higher stat weight than crit/vers/haste/mastery.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    bloodlet is currently simming highest and that gives you a dot to track, also if you use fel blade theres the demons bite/blades resetting it proc to keep an eye on
    Yeah but I was thinking about something like warrior enrage or hot streak from mages. You know some sort of mechanic or proc that change gameplay abit when it occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Agi is still tracked as a stat weight to determine if an item is better or not. For instance a piece of chest armor with more agility on it (higher ilvl) but sub optimal secondary stats in generally better than a chest piece with less agi but better secondary stat allocation because agility has a higher stat weight than crit/vers/haste/mastery.
    just wanted to thank you for saying generally in that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah but I was thinking about something like warrior enrage or hot streak from mages. You know some sort of mechanic or proc that change gameplay abit when it occur.
    I think they want the spec to feel very controlled outside of fury generation. Might be why something like this is missing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    Agi is a higher damage increase than anything other than weapon damage (which is moot outside of relic discussion), the reason it is pertinent to say is because if you currently have a piece that has crit/vers but is 810 and you get an 820 piece with Mast/haste the second piece is better .
    Ahh yeah, I didn't even think about this lol.

Also how much extra damage is demons bite, chaos blades and blade dance during metamorph? Do I Use glaive toss with bloodlet, eyebeam and fel barrage at 5 stacks during metamorph ?
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2016-07-24 at 03:20 AM.

Ahh yeah, I didn't even think about this lol.

Also how much extra damage is demons bite, chaos blades and blade dance during metamorph? Do I Use glaive toss with bloodlet, eyebeam and fel barrage at 5 stacks during metamorph ?
    FBarr(5)>annihilation>TG>EB (with anguish) in meta all in momentum window

When was the last beta build? Does this mean tuning is slowing down and finishing up?

The NPC is either renamed or you mixed something up because in our Order Hall theres no NPC like Moragg. I wasted half hour trying to find him, any screens?
    That mo'arg is the raiding training dummy that's on the opposite side of the spider and felguard training dummies.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last beta build? Does this mean tuning is slowing down and finishing up?
    I'd personally be totally cool with that. As it stands now I'm enjoying the ever loving shit out of Havoc. Only complaint I personally have is not getting all talents by 100, but leveling was over pretty quick for me even that taken into consideration. Got through 2 and a half zones before getting to cap.

And it's been over a week since the last build. I reckon they've been busy with prepatch shenanigans.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    I'd personally be totally cool with that. As it stands now I'm enjoying the ever loving shit out of Havoc. Only complaint I personally have is not getting all talents by 100, but leveling was over pretty quick for me even that taken into consideration. Got through 2 and a half zones before getting to cap.

And it's been over a week since the last build. I reckon they've been busy with prepatch shenanigans.
    What is the average time to level from 100-110? For first timers through the content?

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the average time to level from 100-110? For first timers through the content?
    Took around 12 hours, over 2 days with lots of afking and stuff.

Hello, i'm very interested in playing a Demon Hunter but i'm not into the Momentum build at all (i really dislike it). I would like to know if you can be competitive as a DPS without playing it or it's really mandatory?

Is there a really huge difference between the DPS you can provide in raid with or without Momentum?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    it's the order hall.. i fucked up and mixed up order hall and training dummy.

He's opposite the fel lord and spider
    There is only a imprisoned Forgefiend. Maybe I made a mistake, but it is no moragg
    But no problem, I can handle the momentum on this dummie better than on most dummies. Only with VR I still have some trouble and get out of range.

Next Problem: Wenn I FR straight forward the distance is ok, when I hit "Q" (Strafe left) and my hotky for FR the distance is a little bit longer. Is it normal or all of you using FR only straight forward?

Other question: Is it possible to make a Weakaura to track the time I'm in melee range with momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    There is only a imprisoned Forgefiend. Maybe I made a mistake, but it is no moragg
    But no problem, I can handle the momentum on this dummie better than on most dummies. Only with VR I still have some trouble and get out of range.

Next Problem: Wenn I FR straight forward the distance is ok, when I hit "Q" (Strafe left) and my hotky for FR the distance is a little bit longer. Is it normal or all of you using FR only straight forward?

Other question: Is it possible to make a Weakaura to track the time I'm in melee range with momentum?
    As mentioned above: it's name is Mo'arg. Too much confusion D;

It should be the same distance, but strafe might look like more. or could be a bug. Shouldn't be too great a difference. And probably with the WA, but I suspect it'd be super complex and involve custom coding.

I dont have any Mo'arg training dummy, maybe after some quests he appear in hall? I have two raid bosses dummies on the opposite side of spider but noone of them is named Mo'arg. How he look?

I dont have any Mo'arg training dummy, maybe after some quests he appear in hall? I have two raid bosses dummies on the opposite side of spider but noone of them is named Mo'arg. How he look?
    In my Class Hall, it is the Imprisoned Forgefiend which is a smaller version of the Demon Named Mo'arg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reick View Post
    Hello, i'm very interested in playing a Demon Hunter but i'm not into the Momentum build at all (i really dislike it). I would like to know if you can be competitive as a DPS without playing it or it's really mandatory?

Is there a really huge difference between the DPS you can provide in raid with or without Momentum?
    Sims indicate that nemesis is very close behind, and for someone like you, who doesnt like the momentum playstyle, you are less likely to play it well, nem will prolly perform better for you.

what are the best talent for raid?
    i'm at 110 in beta but have no idea which talents to pick

now
    t1 fel mastery
    t2 prepared
    t3 first blood (not sure)
    t5 -
    t6 momentum
    t7 ?
    t8 ?
    Last edited by Kovan; 2016-07-24 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovan View Post
    what are the best talent for raid?
    i'm at 110 in beta but have no idea which talents to pick

now
    t1 fel mastery
    t2 prepared
    t3 first blood (not sure)
    t5 -
    t6 momentum
    t7 ?
    t8 ?
    The top Sim spec atm is:

t1 Fel Mastery
    t2 Demon Blades
    t3 Bloodlet
    t5 Momentum
    t6 Master of the Glaive
    t7 Fel barrage/Chaos Blades

Though I will not play that, at least while leveling.

I'm going for the standard Momentum Build (Felblade + Prepared). maybe Demonic at 110, since for World Questing, having a "short" CD Meta helps a lot with the sustain.