Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Here's the thing, I've finished every single last zone in terms of quests for the Loremaster achievment on my Shaman. I have about 60 helmets in my collection, 53 shoulders. This doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    it just shows why they have to limit fun, what does it matter if I get it gear on one character to transmog on another? It doesn't add anything to power or anything other than a look, So I have to decide "hmmm do I want to run X this week on my hunter? because if that really rare sword drops then im going to be utterly pissed". It's a limit to an otherwise amazing feature.
    It adds to the fun of collecting, detracts from nothing. If you don't want to put in the effort of collecting transmogs for the appropriate class that's fine - no one is forcing you. If you want to flush out your wardrobe get out there and start engaging in content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    All the rewards the character you completed the quests with can equip. Not ALL the possible rewards there is. Oh yeah, it's also bugged for Survival hunters, the game still thinks they are ranged spec or something, since some 2h sword rewards won't unlock to them.
    well that explains it.
    I didn't even get things that were in my bags added

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    And who exactly is looking forward to Loremaster x 4 (or x3 or whatever), in order to get the items that are still obtainable?
    Pretty much nobody. The "lazy" accusations is usually used as substitute when they lack actual arguments to push through their own opinion. It's why I somewhat like the official forum, quite often the people who accuse others of wanting stuff for free because they don't want to redo it for the xth time or call them entitled/lazy tend to be people who would never bother doing ANY of these things in the first place. It's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Pretty much nobody. The "lazy" accusations is usually used as substitute when they lack actual arguments to push through their own opinion. It's why I somewhat like the official forum, quite often the people who accuse others of wanting stuff for free because they don't want to redo it for the xth time or call them entitled/lazy tend to be people who would never bother doing ANY of these things in the first place. It's odd.
    And the people calling others "lazy" probably haven't done Loremaster, and refuse to admit how long it actually is. ESPECIALLY more than once.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Here's the thing, I've finished every single last zone in terms of quests for the Loremaster achievment on my Shaman. I have about 60 helmets in my collection, 53 shoulders. This doesn't add up.
    Again - it only unlocks items you can equip even if you didn't choose them. 60 helmets sounds about right - it's not like every quest awards an item or awards an item you can even use let alone the same item slot again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

it just shows why they have to limit fun, what does it matter if I get it gear on one character to transmog on another?
    Which is exactly what the new system allows you to do, except stuff that's CLASS SPECIFIC, badum-tss.

Yeah, it's so fun-limiting to get a cool new system that lets you use stuff account-wide instead of having to farm the same gear on multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Which is exactly what the new system allows you to do, except stuff that's CLASS SPECIFIC, badum-tss.

Yeah, it's so fun-limiting to get a cool new system that lets you use stuff account-wide instead of having to farm the same gear on multiple characters.
    It is limiting, I would have to go through doing loremaster 3 or 4 times just to get all the quest gear, thats totally fucking fun! dont make other things like achievements, titles and mounts account wide and not this, its stupid and is limiting what was otherwise a great system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It adds to the fun of collecting, detracts from nothing. If you don't want to put in the effort of collecting transmogs for the appropriate class that's fine - no one is forcing you. If you want to flush out your wardrobe get out there and start engaging in content.
    Ah, limiting what dungeons I do for fear of getting something rare on one character that cant use it, so much fun. It detracts a ton, just because you enjoy limiting fun doesn't mean everyone else does. This system bascially adds nothing but bag space and a cool window to apply xmog. Still have to redo loremaster 3 times, still have to get frustrated when something drops for someone else who can't use it. Shit design of a good system, thats the blizz way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worked for me as well. I got back my Quel Delar that trashed back in Wrath. It also unlocked all the other variations of the weapon that I didn't choose.

It is limiting, I would have to go through doing loremaster 3 or 4 times just to get all the quest gear, thats totally fucking fun! dont make other things like achievements, titles and mounts account wide and not this, its stupid and is limiting what was otherwise a great system.
    Who in their right mind gives a damn about your issues with Loremaster? You do, because you're desperately looking for something to complain about. Who the hell cares about collecting all possible quest items for the wardrobe? It's such a nonsensical, silly and insane thing to even think about. It's some dumb idea you've set your mind on for whatever reason.

The system isn't meant to have people collect every single appearance possible. If you're trying to do that, fine, that's one of those crazy things some people set out to do. Like beating Dark Souls without being hit and stuff like that. Don't complain about crazy shit requiring crazy effort. Give me a fucking break. Your whine is absolutely unjustified.

Who the hell cares about collecting all possible quest items for the wardrobe? It's such a nonsensical, silly and insane thing to even think about. It's some dumb idea you've set your mind on for whatever reason.
    .... quite a few people, actually. That's why the new Wardrobe system was put in in the first place. Otherwise, the old system would have been fine.

The system isn't meant to have people collect every single appearance possible.
    Yeah, it sorta is. That's why you unlock all the appearances, even the ones you didn't choose.... and they back-dated it to all the quests you already completed.

If you're trying to do that, fine, that's one of those crazy things some people set out to do. Like beating Dark Souls without being hit and stuff like that. Don't complain about crazy shit requiring crazy effort. Give me a fucking break. Your whine is absolutely unjustified.
    I agree, your idiot whining is completely unjustified, since you dont seem to understand the point of the system in the first place.

Tier 0.5 quest chain rewards were added, yay. I did regret de'ing them, but now I have them all back without buying replicas from Darkmoon Faire.

Deleted
    I think they should just unlock all quest rewards for an expansion once you have achieved Loremaster for it. Life's far too short to be doing Loremaster FOUR times, and then again for the opposing faction. We have enough things to do in game without having to repeat that content over and over.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

It's fun-limiting to get a cool new system that reminds you that you should have employed your precognitive ability to realize you needed to finish Loremaster 4 times back in Wrath.

Sorry for all the prepositional phrases.

So fucking stupid, the only thing this system really improved is bank space, it didn't make it easier at all to collect for other characters. There is always a limit to the fun, Blizz always limits really fun things in someway.
    The original statement also if taken literally meant that as far as collecting in the future went, it was simply better to take a warrior.
    So don't start claiming that rubbish.
    There were obvious problems with how it was presented.

People jumped to a conclusion, one which if they bothered to think about, and to read what was stated later would have been seen to possibly be inaccurate or incomplete.

And really people would just find a way to accuse them of ruining the fun even if it were like that.
    As there have been people who said that you should be able to transmog any armor or weapon to another.
    That all the legendaries should be eligible, etc.
    There are always restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's fun-limiting to get a cool new system that reminds you that you should have employed your precognitive ability to realize you needed to finish Loremaster 4 times back in Wrath.

Sorry for all the prepositional phrases.
    And blizzard have stated they want to find a way to bring back unobtainable appearances, hence why they were asking for help in identifying them.

So that is a load of rubbish too.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think they should just unlock all quest rewards for an expansion once you have achieved Loremaster for it. Life's far too short to be doing Loremaster FOUR times, and then again for the opposing faction. We have enough things to do in game without having to repeat that content over and over.
    You would have to do those quests previously on any character you wanted those rewards from.
    So why is it suddenly a problem now ?

It is only made a problem because players want to have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    And the people calling others "lazy" probably haven't done Loremaster, and refuse to admit how long it actually is. ESPECIALLY more than once.
    Just another variation of the "you can't have played vanilla if you didn't like it".
    See my above reply, in that why is something deemed acceptable once is suddenly so bad with the QoL improvements that come with the collection.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-23 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to the transmog changes I was able to complete this beauty, the kilt is no longer obtainable - it was a quest reward from ancient times and this quest is removed. Still got this credited and my dream of awesome Warrior-Mage in Half Plate came true.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And blizzard have stated they want to find a way to bring back unobtainable appearances, hence why they were asking for help in identifying them.

So that is a load of rubbish too.
    You are grumpy today. Have a chocolate bar.

It's on Blizzard to determine what quest appearances have been "lost." If a player finds one, great. Crowdsourcing anything would be an embarrassing first for Blizzard.

One thing in Blizzard's defense...

They apparently REALLY love to reuse appearances. So all those impossible-to-obtain dungeon/raid/quest rewards, could easily end up back in the game with restrictions (e.g., "it's now a green but only available to characters level 85+") or with in-game currency (e.g., Darkmoon Faire prize tickets).

I completed every quest on my warlock PRE cata (except for qiraj scepter) and yet didn't get anything.
    Post Cata DK quest rewards are unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .... quite a few people, actually. That's why the new Wardrobe system was put in in the first place. Otherwise, the old system would have been fine.

Yeah, it sorta is. That's why you unlock all the appearances, even the ones you didn't choose.... and they back-dated it to all the quests you already completed.

I agree, your idiot whining is completely unjustified, since you dont seem to understand the point of the system in the first place.
    Look at you - wrong and rude, that's a nasty combination that explains why nobody likes you.