A Serious Question: Off Tank DPS

Without any stances there's no way I can deal damage while I'm off-tanking without pulling aggro anymore.

#1, is this a real problem, and if not, please tell me how I can fix it.

#2, If this is a real problem, what's the proposed solution other than asking for the game to be fixed?

As it is right now, because I'm dumb or because it's not possible, I can't deal dps while I'm off tank without pulling threat again and causing disaster.

#3, Do I literally have to stand there and do nothing, while occasionally doing minor things I feel I might get away with, again?

Thank you for the information!

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, a blue post suggests stances are still in the game so I guess I just have to open my eyes >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Nevermind, a blue post suggests stances are still in the game so I guess I just have to open my eyes >.<
    Defensive Stance is only active for Arms if you take the talent. For Prot warriors it is a passive effect, so you're right there are no more stances for Prot or Fury (and just one as a talent for Arms). I'm not currently playing so I can't say for sure, but I would think you'd just have to (at most) do the old "wait a few seconds" trick. Once the other tank taunts off you, wait a 3 or 5 count and then go nuts with a dps rotation. Obviously don't use taunt or anything until it's time. You can use an addon with threat tracker if necessary. But if you back off for just a few seconds, the other tank's taunt and rotation should give him/her enough threat that you won't be an issue until you Taunt.

Again, there could be something going on now that makes that untrue, but it's what I'd start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Defensive Stance is only active for Arms if you take the talent. For Prot warriors it is a passive effect, so you're right there are no more stances for Prot or Fury (and just one as a talent for Arms). I'm not currently playing so I can't say for sure, but I would think you'd just have to (at most) do the old "wait a few seconds" trick. Once the other tank taunts off you, wait a 3 or 5 count and then go nuts with a dps rotation. Obviously don't use taunt or anything until it's time. You can use an addon with threat tracker if necessary. But if you back off for just a few seconds, the other tank's taunt and rotation should give him/her enough threat that you won't be an issue until you Taunt.

Again, there could be something going on now that makes that untrue, but it's what I'd start with.
    Thanks for the information. I certainly hope they fixed this, if this was present in the Beta alone I resent all the players who didn't even catch this. This literally makes every other tank better. (I'm presuming that every other tank class in the game has a way to toggle their extra threat generation naturally, as that would be the only proper compelling gameplay design.)

Deleted
    Other tanks can't disable their extra threat either since Righteous Fury/presences/monk stances are passive now. Bears are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Other tanks can't disable their extra threat either since Righteous Fury/presences/monk stances are passive now. Bears are the exception.
    This completely resolves my issues, thank you for helping me.

Now to hate druids! Grrrr, I hate druids soooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    This completely resolves my issues, thank you for helping me.

Now to hate druids! Grrrr, I hate druids soooo much!
    It really shouldn't be an issue. I tanked for years through multiple expansions and never once worried about switching out of DStance while off-tanking. The other tank should always be able to hold threat against you and vice-versa. The mechanics of Taunt are such that he gets a big lead after taunting and should generate just as much threat as you, if not more, while tanking - then you swap and you take over. Never been a problem, really.