Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    How the fuck can you actually say that? What the hell makes you qualified to make that assertion above thousands of scientists who disagree with you? It seriously is the definition of putting your head in the sand, your fingers in your ears and saying lalalalalalala im a republican and I KNOW it won't affect me!
    Apparently you have never read Orlong's posts before :P

He's the same guy who advocates that disabled people, poor people, etc., deserve the absolute minimum standard of existence, that when they aren't working they should sit in their cold dark densely packed roach motel of an apartment and wallow in their own self pity for being a drag on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Microbeads were in shower gel. They made it easier to remove dead skin cells and make you feel cleaner. And we arent being "encouraged to use CFL/LED bulbs" we are being FORCED to by banning incandescent ones. There STILL isnt a CFL or LED light bulb that puts out the same quality and color temperature of light as GE Reveal 100W bulbs, which is why I still have hundreds of them left that I bought up before they were banned and will use them until I die!
    And yet, there is still an abundance of body washes containing small little particles of whatever that do the job. Tiny little polyethylene specks isn't the only thing that can exfoliate your skin. And new products do it without turning fish fuckin' retarded. FYI, microbeads were primarily used in makeup, hence the joke.

There is no fuckin' ban on incandescent bulbs. That is completely a false statement. It boggles the mind sometimes where you get your beliefs from...

As for color and quality, also false (well mostly). It's in your head. A 100W incandescent light puts out approximately 1600 lumens. A 20W LED bulb puts out 1600 lumens. As for colour temperature, that I could let slide as CFL/LED's don't emit light as a result of thermal radiation and therefore are more approximating incandescent colour temperature usually in the 2700K range versus 2400K of a standard incandescent. They do this while also paying for themselves within a few months, being more durable, longer lasting by ridiculous margins and working in a wider range of ambient temperatures. Ergo, LED bulbs are objectively better than an incandescent.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-07-24 at 12:21 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Sarcasm?

/10char
    Not at all m8 Not at all
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    To date there has not been one weather event anywhere in the last hundred years that can be sheeted home to "wobal glorming" with 100% certainty.
    The problem is that you're asking for a retarded level of proof that doesn't exist anywhere and frankly isn't necessary or useful to consider. Climate change is a change in the various statistics governing climate and weather. We know that climate change will increase the extremity and frequency of weather events on average. This is what we actually see. Why can't we link any specific one to climate change? Because we're talking about statistical systems, and fluctuations are part of that territory.

This may seem like hogwash to you, so I'm going to go to an equivalent setting that illuminates the problem with your thinking. Take a box with an ideal gas in it. Keep the pressure constant and increase the volume. From the ideal gas law, we expect that the temperature will increase. Increasing the temperature of the gas increases the average speed of the molecules in the gas.

Now here's the critical part. Can any of the faster moving particles have their extra speed attributed to the increase in volume? Nope. By your attempted reasoning, the increase in average speed therefore cannot be attributed to the increase in volume. Which is wrong, and comes from not understanding that we're dealing with a statistical system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Sure, I gave up on electric lawn equipment. They are simply crap.

But my example of the Model 3 hold solid. It is an affordable car that run's entirely on electricity with similar (if not better) performance than gas cars. Then again, why is acceleration and high speed so important for cars?

Fluorescent light bulbs save money and are even brighter than incandescent bulbs. Styrofoam plates need to go, we have limited landfill space. I can go on, but alternatives exist and are the solution for environmentalism.
    I gave up on electric lawn equipment too because its silly to push a Lawnmower next to a Cord for an hour. Every time you have to turn around... wow.

But basically, we're asking ourselves "Is the quality of our life enough, versus will this longevity be sufficient?" In every case.

EVERY case, it comes down to that. I'm okay reducing the life force of the planet by .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% in order to ensure I don't have to deal with a corded lawnmower for an hour.

If everyone else on earth agrees, the planet's life force is reduced by .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

And if we all run that gas powered lawnmower every day its reduced by .00000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Where that final scenario isn't even possible because there isn't enough fossil fuels.

The only issue here is how you ask, "Then again, why is acceleration and high speed so important for cars?"

The conversion for that factor is to wager how comfortable you are with being slow versus how angry and anti-existential you become with the burden, measured through your own perception which can be trained to ignore the potential burden. Of course there are minor details of how staying on the road much longer (because you are slower) would waste more resources that way.

In the end, it's literally impossible to escape the equilibrium, so it would be nice if more people tried to relax in general, even if that makes someone else more angry, etc. idk lol whatevs

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bear in mind that - from the perspective of an average US citizen - basically everything IS "more harmful than ISIS".
    He was speaking about the global impacts of both issues.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I am sure Kerry has already removed all his ac's in all his mansions. Just like Al Gore and Leonardo Dicrapio stopped flying around in private jets (burning tons of fossil fuels) due to climate change... oh wait... they didn't.....
    Well this is just a fundamental misunderstanding of the topic here.

It's not about never using air conditioning again. Only making sure they're not using HCFC's, but instead HFC's. Which are 1700-2600 times less damaging to the atmosphere. Any A/C units built in the last half decade would be compliant.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    He was speaking about the global impacts of both issues.
    I actually think his brain froze from being in the air conditioning too long.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Islamic terrorism is insignificant as a cause of mortality.

You have more chance of being killed by your own fridge than terrorism. You want crazy-look at your pathetic obsession with muslims.
    Oh so we can use the X to Y occurrences of causes of death to either justify or disqualify relevance?

I'll keep that in mind the next for the next gun control thread that pops up.

Got a lot of people "pathetically obsessed" with that issue that are in for a smackdown.

/eyeroll
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    I actually think his brain froze from being in the air conditioning too long.
    I think you failed to understand his point. So your going to think he's stupid and patronise him but really he is making complete sense and you are the fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong: But isn't the issue of HFC in the production phase and at the end of the life-cycle of appliances and not during consumer usage? If you're using an AC or fridge now the damage is already done, not using it will not help.
    Both. Consumer devices leak, that's why recharging the system is needed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I think you failed to understand his point. So your going to think he's stupid and patronise him but really he is making complete sense and you are the fool.
    Ah, how could I have been so mistaken. Thank you kind sir!
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

There's also a special irony in this topic. Kerry is saying that the current chemicals in the AC industry are environmentally damaging, and we should phase them out for chemicals that aren't. He isn't saying 'don't use AC.'

So all the people in here saying that Kerry wants you to stop using AC are the fearmongers. And that's the special irony: the usual suspects that complain about climate fearmongering, are fearmongering themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You already took my Freon, Microbeads, Light Bulbs, phosphates, flavored cigarettes, and haggis. You will have to pry my air conditioner from my cold dead hands Horseface Kerry. Now to start a nationwide Heinz Ketchup boycott!!!
    Your hands won't be cold because they took your AC!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The problem is that you're asking for a retarded level of proof that doesn't exist anywhere and frankly isn't necessary or useful to consider.
    The problem is that you can make that journey through layers of proof and hypothesis, and when you realize you can extrapolate the details of what occured, like a person asking "Why" for infinity, it finally comes around again. That's the realization a lot of people never get. The considerations only stop where you want them to stop, and that's why the only real issue is when people keep stopping on the same issues.

A way I can rewrite your sentence to demonstrate this is the following: "The problem is that we can only find so much to prove (Global warming) but what we've found so far has lead us to make these conclusion and we've decided that not only are we acting on these conclusions but we're going to be contentious with anyone who doesn't see things the same way we do."

Which can also be said about the theory of evolution. But anyway, when we start playing that game, it really is easier to just ignore the issue instead of ignoring other human beings over the issue you can't let go. Are you listening? You're just as preachy as someone stuck in religious zealotry. We've been trying to help. Don't worry about global warming, focus on your own life and compose what you will, I hope its something nice overall please, thanks.

Does this sound condescending? I'll bet its as condescending as when you told us we're asking for a retarded level of proof, and to be frank, it would be safer to give the benefit of the doubt to the existence we've been born into, rather than the instruments that measure parts of it.

I have an infinite number of justifications to continue being lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Ah, how could I have been so mistaken. Thank you kind sir!
    No problem I understand it's comfortable to live in denial and ignorance and then to be confident enough in your ignorance to patronise others.

There are new Hellfire Citadel regulations?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Recharging the system? Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. While I realise that consumer devices can potentially leak, is the amount leaked significant to the amount released during construction and deconstruction?
    AC leaks naturally; that's partially why you have to refill your car every year, and why ACs breakdown in houses as well. Even if you never ran your AC it would still leak, providing a problem outside the production time.

Recharging the system is when you refuel it. It's just with gas rather than fuel, so doesn't use refuel for some reason.