Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    I think you might be missing the point. They are not saying people are not allowed to criticize what the comic says, but that having a government office start to impose fines on people b/c someone got their feelings hurt crosses a line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Nothing to do with simply "criticism," but getting fined and legal action taken against you for a joke is fuckin' bullshit.
    They are complaining that posts in social media berate them and put their quotes out of context. Something that they should be okay with to be consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So, they want to have freedom to say whatever they want, but they dislike freedom of people to criticize what they say? That's funny.
    Because fines=criticism.

Fucking genius.

They are complaining that posts in social media berate them and put their quotes out of context. Something that they should be okay with to be consistent.
    Oh I was stuck thinking of the Mike Ward thing.

Though Jim Jeffries' new netflix special has a pretty good segment on this very topic too. Context does matter. When you just write out a joke, without all the rest of the show to go with it, of course it's going to sound horrible as fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Next on the list of Tennisace's loaded questions. "Do you still beat your wife?"
    Nah I think you'll see you saying "Tennisace asks loaded questions", which Tennisace will interpret as saying you're a holocaust sympathizer.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Nah I think you'll see Tennisace asks loaded questions, which Tennisace will interpret as saying you're a holocaust sympathizer.
    Wouldn't shock me. He was opining the other day about how I should be put in front of a human rights tribunal as well. Presumably for "lé jokes" and just being generally disgruntled and opinionated.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well given that the comic was only brought to the attention of the government b/c the person mocked went to social media to complain about it and the news picked it up there might be some legitimate fears about being berated on social media.

I have no issue with people complaining on social media but when the government then steps in and takes action b/c of someones hurt feelings it has crossed a line.

How come the left never protests rap music?. Its full of all the hate, racism, and misogyny that you guys claim to despise.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything should be out of limits for comedians.

Thought control is only going to create more problems than it is worth.

I would rather live in an honest society than a dishonest one, and political correctness breeds dishonesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I was stuck thinking of the Mike Ward thing.

Though Jim Jeffries' new netflix special has a pretty good segment on this very topic too. Context does matter. When you just write out a joke, without all the rest of the show to go with it, of course it's going to sound horrible as fuck.
    Well, the Mike Ward thing, of course, sounds ridiculous. Although it also may have been put out of context: since he was making a stand out in a special event, that event might have had certain policies on this regard. Private companies have the right to limit a person's speech.

Well given that the comic was only brought to the attention of the government b/c the person mocked went to social media to complain about it and the news picked it up there might be some legitimate fears about being berated on social media.

I have no issue with people complaining on social media but when the government then steps in and takes action b/c of someones hurt feelings it has crossed a line.
    With this, I totally agree.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I told you to stop hitting me already!
    Shut up bitch.

*Smack*

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    How come the left never protests rap music?. Its full of all the hate, racism, and misogyny that you guys claim to despise.
    I think we know why

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because they don't listen to that... um... "music"?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Shut up bitch.

*Smack*
    YOU WOT M8.

I refuse to be in a polyandry relationship!

Too dangerous. Can be spun to look like racism.

Wouldn't shock me. He was opining the other day about how I should be put in front of a human rights tribunal as well. Presumably for "lé jokes" and just being generally disgruntled and opinionated.
    Just yesterday he said that trials should be dictated by who the better public speaker is. You're dooomed !

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    YOU WOT M8.

I refuse to be in a polyandry relationship!
    Ohai !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Shut up bitch.

*Smack*
    Whoa, hey, no. Back down there Jigglypuff.

She's mine, it's my duty to instill god-fearing respect into her.

Well, the Mike Ward thing, of course, sounds ridiculous. Although it also may have been put out of context: since he was making a stand out in a special event, that event might have had certain policies on this regard. Private companies have the right to limit a person's speech.

So, was it a private company that "criticised" him with a fine?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Glad to hear that. Sadly it seems the world we live in today is heading more, and more towards a society where people feel entitled to compensation of some kind (normally money) whenever they believe their feeling have been hurt or are offended in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Whoa, hey, no. Back down there Jigglypuff.

She's mine, it's my duty to instill god-fearing respect into her.
    Wait just a damn minute, we're calling Bigzo jigglypuff now? How did I miss this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, was it a private company that "criticised" him with a fine?
    I have no idea of the nature of a relationship between The Nasty Show, and Quebec Human Rights Commission.

Glad to hear that. Sadly it seems the world we live in today is heading more, and more towards a society where people feel entitled to compensation of some kind (normally money) whenever they believe their feeling have been hurt or are offended in some way.
    People just want everyone to be like them. It is a standard human behavior. When it isn't so, some want to impose it forcefully.