Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    F* the RP side. Nobody but people on Argent Dawn cares about the RP side.

Forcing subjective realism in a process that is completely unrealistic in a game where we travel through time, fly giant dragons and negate fall damage but jumping out of mid air into the ground smashing it in the process is ridiculous.

Nobody cares. RP is NOT an argument, ever once you step outside of an RP server.
    Quick, what genre of game is WoW? Go ahead, I'll wait.

I'm not talking active RP but the idea that our characters are in a living, breathing world where things affect them and there are rules. If you're too fucking lazy to spend a few seconds eating or bandaging go take your Ritalin.

Deleted
    Unless you're a warlock, in which case you selfheal more than any other class, possibly even some healers.

Seriously, they are completely broken right now. A pure should not be healing more than any hybrid, let alone all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Commercial game intended to make as much money as possible?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Not just self healing but everything else beside their main focus. If you are a dmg dealer, you stuck with just that. Raid utility, defense? Forget it.
    I get attacked by 3 random outdoor mobs and die on them. Not every spec is like that ofc, but some are, while they were able to aoe pull some groups and survive before. It feels very depressing. My characters feel worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes they removed almost all self-healing. I can understand removing some of it, or half of it, but not almost all of it. It is not fun to play a solo tank when your DPS gets nerfed AND your self-healing gets nerfed. Remember in MoP when killing something out in the world with protadin was like tickling it to death? That sucked, a lot, but at least you didn't slowly die in the process.

And whoever at Blizzard said that healing specs will do better at leveling must have meant to say that healing specs will do much worse at leveling now. Can't everyone at least have some minimal AoE? And reasonable DPS when not healing?

My demo lock seems OK though. As I work through my characters maybe there are a couple others that aren't completely fucked.
    Tank DPS is higher than DPS dps for much of the leveling process and even in early dungeons it is still higher than many, that only starts to become not the case as you get toward heroic dungeon geared levels and artifact power levels. Have no fear about "tickling" mobs to death as a tank while questing\leveling you will be wrecking the questing\leveling mobs\rares and envied by most DPS classes who see you, who die if they pull more than 3-4.

Even at 110 tanks that I've played (Warrior\DK\Pally\DH) absolutely wreck the Suramar questy mobs and rares (the 110 only zone) with no fear of death. Only place I ran into a few problems with mobs\rares was Isle of the Wardens and that area is basically Throne 2.0 as far as mob health and damage are concerned.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-07-24 at 01:08 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Can anyone say, currently how viable all classes/specs are in WOD content, such as leveling in old content, leveling in Draenor and Tanaan? I'm on vocation now and will be for another 2 weeks. But anyway, I don't want to waste $15 or 80K gold just to figure it out. I know, that Blizzard wouldn't want to destroy their old content, but recently they became as greedy, as F2P developers, and started to literally force players to buy their latest products, despite of fact, that older products are still viable and even better, than current ones. So what? Is game even possible without Artefacts? Or not?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-24 at 06:28 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Can anyone say, currently how viable all classes/specs are in WOD content, such as leveling in old content, leveling in Draenor and Tanaan? I'm on vocation now and will be for another 2 weeks. But anyway, I don't want to waste $15 or 80K gold just to figure it out. I know, that Blizzard wouldn't want to destroy their old content, but recently they became as greedy, as F2P developers, and started to literally force players to buy their latest products, despite of fact, that older products are still viable and even better, that current ones. So what? Is game even possible without Artefacts? Or not?
    MoP raids can be challenging, everything else seems fine. Classes are for the most part at the same level of power as before, it just takes a period of adjustment.

Imagine how pissed people are going to be when they realize Blizzard's design intention is for a mob to take 8-12 seconds to kill in Legion leveling.

Lulz.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Takes at least 3 times as long to kill saberons ... sure that seems like a great change.
    The changes are for legion, not WoD. Content on the beta is currently fine.

You people get worked up over the smallest of things. OMG, I have to stop and eat, or bandage, I can't complete the entire leveling process in 2 hours if I have to stop every so often for 10 sec..the world is ending. The game is fine, stop relating changes meant for Legion into old content it was not intended for. People have complained about every single detail of the game, if you don't like it, play something else. What's next on the complain list for people? Because after being on the beta...Legion is going to be a shock to a lot of people, long gone are the easy paths to achieve things. Things take quite abit more time and effort to complete then they have in the past, they are finally getting back to what an mmo should be. Some of you people are going to rush to max level, only to hit a roadblock of actually having to play the game to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    MoP raids can be challenging, everything else seems fine. Classes are for the most part at the same level of power as before, it just takes a period of adjustment.
    I don't know. Many players here say, that all self-heals have been nerfed. No, I don't do old raids, so I don't care about them, but I want content to still be enjoyable for me. WOD content is still built around the same concept, game has been built since Cata - higher density of mobs, higher spawn rates, that require higher survivability. Nerfing all self-heals = going to Vanilla era, where you were playing "Who'll die first?" and "Wait for bandage CD to end" games with every second mob. I know, that Artefact will fix it. The problem is in fact, that Artefact - is Legion feature and...I'm not going to buy Legion within at least a year since now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't know. Many players here say, that all self-heals have been nerfed. No, I don't do old raids, so I don't care about them, but I want content to still be enjoyable for me. WOD content is still built around the same concept, game has been built since Cata - higher density of mobs, higher spawn rates, that require higher survivability. Nerfing all self-heals = going to Vanilla era, where you were playing "Who'll die first?" and "Wait for bandage CD to end" games with every second mob. I know, that Artefact will fix it. The problem is in fact, that Artefact - is Legion feature and...I'm not going to buy Legion within at least a year since now.
    It really isn't that bad. You just have to sacrifice more resources towards a more modest amount of self-healing which is something most modern WoW players aren't used to.

For example DK Death Strike is now 45 Runic Power for 10% max health which is definitely a nerf but can be compensated for through talent choices (Corpse Shield) and trinkets (Kazzak trinket).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    The game is fine, stop relating changes meant for Legion into old content it was not intended for.
    If it wasn't intended to be like this then they should have removed level 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    But Cataclysm was the expansion to bring self healing to classes that had none before, like recuperate to rogues.
    Cataclysm also massively changed how they tried to structure healing and it cut down on other abilities for other classes. Them not acting consequent enough was a part of my post but even if they did, it wouldn't work out because it simply doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ouh, nice try! You're trying to argue semantics here because you lack a propert argument. People do play a character and a role by default, this doesn't mean they're going to play as if they were that character and act like people from Argent Dawn or similar RP servers. Thus wanting to force them to play "realistic", with realistic being a completely subjective thing given the game we're playing is absurd.

I'm not talking active RP but the idea that our characters are in a living, breathing world where things affect them and there are rules. If you're too fucking lazy to spend a few seconds eating or bandaging go take your Ritalin.
    Once again, substituting ad hominem and semantics because of a lack of proper argumentation makes for a very unpleasent discussion all around.

Because self healing and cancer are the same thing when it comes to pvp, that simple. There's also the fact that you dont need self healing in pve. You want to heal? Play a healer.

Also every class ive tried in the beta(which i think is all of them) has self healing, so in all truth, i don't even know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-07-24 at 08:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Bandages are for healing during combat and food is for the buff, both are consumable.
    You can't use a bandage while you're being attacked by something, it interrupts and wastes it.

Rerroll undead.Passive racial proc is healing me somewhere between 160k to 300k

Ret paladins seem to have more survivability that doesn't gimp their damage output for soloing, thanks to Justicar's Vengeance - for once, I can selfheal while still dealing damage. But damn lol, I can't solo 10man normal Ji-kun in ToT on a BM hunter anymore (ilv 705 ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The idea is that Blizzard wants people grouping up to do content. This is going to be a tough pill to swallow for people, as this game has been promoting a solo playstyle outside of instanced content for many expansions now. Reducing self healing / utility is a great and easy way to ensure reliance on others.
    YAAAAAAAAWN

Too bad it's all a product of your own wishful thinking and your own interpretation of something that nobody at Blizzard ever explained that way. You're just pushing that lame old discussion onto the topic. And you're fooling yourself if you expect that players will be "reliant on others" in Legion while doing stuff like questing, farming etc.

@self healing: I noticed that it's less now. Defensive abilities in general. Which is OK. I was farming some Direfang Alphas for the barn and thought it was cool that it's not so easy to just steamroll and chain-pull like an idiot endlessly. Having to mind your surroundings and ressources a bit just brings back some sense of danger in the world. It's better for the game that way. But either way it's a total non-issue because by the time everyone's geared up halway Legion, mobs will be dropping like flies again and you'll hardly have to regenerate at all.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-07-24 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    self heal gone? its like they buffed it in pvp, so boring chasing a feral healing all the time or the joke that is warlock

If it wasn't intended to be like this then they should have removed level 100.
    Your logic is astounding!.. No, they should not have. It is easy to understand that the changes came in the PREPATCH for Legion, the intent is the spells and changes are to be used mainly with artifact weapons, and the abilities work fine in Legion. The mobs, bosses, 5 mans, raids were designed and tested around the abilities we had when the content was relevant. They were not changed significantly in WoD for the new abilities, they did however implement a nerf to raid bosses due to the changes, meaning the abilities are not tuned for these bosses.

They did not intend for the changes to be as efficient in current content as they will be in the content they were designed for. This happens EVERY single expansion since WoW started, and some people still don't understand this very basic concept. Things will be fine in a few weeks.