Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    wtf does HFC have to do with this lol?
    HFC means hydrofluorocarbons. They're used as replacements (in air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.) for CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) and HCFCs (hydrochlorofluorocarbons) which deplete the ozone layer.

HFCs don't deplete the ozone layer, but they're also extremely potent greenhouse gases, and thus they're being phased out in favour of HFOs (hydrofluoroolefins), which neither deplete the ozone layer nor contribute meaningfully to global warming.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And they gas they want you to use will never work as well. The current refrigerants we have already perform a lot more poorly than FREON did (takes 30 minutes for the interior of a modern car to get down to 65 degrees on a 95 degree day.I remeber as a kid needing to wear a jacket in my Grandma's old Mercury Comet in the summer it got so cold), and now they want us to use something that works even less? Soon they will want us to use bucket full of ice with a fan blowing across the top
    It'll blow your mind to realize that people use exactly that already. It's called a swamp cooler, and it's fairly effective. Depending on location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Obsolescence is a process by which something becomes obsolete. Read the words plz.

Also, citation needed for 90% lol.
    But they arent obselete. They still work just fine, we just arent allowed to manufacture them

10+ Year Old Account
    that its impossible to manufacture a 100W incandescent light bulb that can meet the standard, therefore they were banned
    False. Halogen bulbs meet the standards just fine.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well he likes them and 90% of americans live just like him so you know in the end you need really bright lightbulbs if you're wearing a welding mask to prevent bright lights from hurting your eyes.
    100W bulbs arent that bright. Nothing like the sun. And when you have a large room that you want to light and dont want to spend thousands of dollars to install a bunch of new fixtures you need 100W bulbs

Well, I'd say climate change fucking the world up for everyone is a greater threat than terrorism, yes.

And they gas they want you to use will never work as well. The current refrigerants we have already perform a lot more poorly than FREON did (takes 30 minutes for the interior of a modern car to get down to 65 degrees on a 95 degree day.I remeber as a kid needing to wear a jacket in my Grandma's old Mercury Comet in the summer it got so cold), and now they want us to use something that works even less? Soon they will want us to use bucket full of ice with a fan blowing across the top
    R410A is proven more efficient at transferring heat than R22 (Freon) ever was.

http://www.ac-heatingconnect.com/wha...22-and-r-410a/
    http://fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build02/PDF/b02186.pdf

Your childhood stories mean exactly fuck all, as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

But they arent obselete. They still work just fine, we just arent allowed to manufacture them
    I never said they were obsolete. I said they were facing obsolescence. Meaning, they will eventually become obsolete. Read, understand.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    False. Halogen bulbs meet the standards just fine.
    Halogen bulbs put off a harsh light and dont radiate the light through the room, which is why they are only ever used in torchier lamps

It might be true, but I imagine it will upset many people to hear it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    He said EQUAL importance not more. Both climate change and terrorism are both huge challenges facing humanity and our way of life. That's what he fucking meant.
    Let me know next time Climate Changes drives a truck and runs over a group of innocents, or shoots up a nightclub.

Also, pretty sure they have been saying Climate Change (Or, as it was known as before the brand change, Global Warming, and before that, Global Cooling) will kills us all! Weren't the ice caps supposed to be melted by now?

It's like a business card that says "Flip to other side for something amazing!" then you flip it and it says the same thing....

I wonder how long a % of the United States will keep flipping that card before it clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What are you doing some people in certain locations?!?
    I don't know what this means...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No one wants to get rid of ACs.

They're just replacing the gas that they use to something less harmful. It's something already happening even before this speech, so the people getting upset about it are people that are pretttyyy damn ignorant of what they're mad about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    He's not telling you to.
    I'm aware of that, my post was more in response to all the people talking about it than the guy discussing switching to alternate methods.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Let me know next time Climate Changes drives a truck and runs over a group of innocents, or shoots up a nightclub.

Also, pretty sure they have been saying Climate Change (Or, as it was known as before the brand change, Global Warming, and before that, Global Cooling) will kills us all! Weren't the ice caps supposed to be melted by now?

It's like a business card that says "Flip to other side for something amazing!" then you flip it and it says the same thing....

I wonder how long a % of the United States will keep flipping that card before it clicks?
    If I had to ever give someone a real life example of the "frog and the boiling water" thought experiment, I would use this.

more people die in the usa from aspirin than terrorism

Also, pretty sure they have been saying Climate Change (Or, as it was known as before the brand change, Global Warming, and before that, Global Cooling) will kills us all!
    No.

Weren't the ice caps supposed to be melted by now?
    No.

Seriously, pay attention to the scientists and ignore the shitty journalists, youtube personalities and forum idiots that tell you what they think is happening, and not what is actually happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If I had to ever give someone a real life example of the "frog and the boiling water" thought experiment, I would use this.
    And if I had to ever give somebody a real example of a "Sucker", I would use people such as yourself.

I don't deny Climate Change exists, but I think it's beyond our control, or at worse, not as extreme as some people think.

Some years are hot years, some years are cold years.

Terrorism, however, IS within our control. We should focus on putting an end to that before more innocents die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I am questioning people who would use this "swamp cooler."
    Oh.

They're honestly not that bad, we had one in NorCal. Work pretty well. Just won't work in extremely hot areas because it really is just a bucket of water and a fan on a larger scale.

And if I had to ever give somebody a real example of a "Sucker", I would use people such as yourself.

I don't deny Climate Change exists, but I think it's beyond our control, or at worse, not as extreme as some people think.

Some years are hot years, some years are cold years.

Terrorism, however, IS within our control. We should focus on putting an end to that before more innocents die.
    A sucker for what, saving a bunch of money on electricity bills? Damn, what a sucker I am lol.

It is possible to do more than one thing at a time too.

They are melting...90% of global glaciers are decreasing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No.
    No.
    Seriously, pay attention to the scientists and ignore the shitty journalists, youtube personalities and forum idiots that tell you what they think is happening, and not what is actually happening.
    Or, I will use common sense. But hey, continue believing what you want.

When is the next date of some great Climate Change related event so I can mark it on my Calendar and laugh as the date passes by with no unusual difference?