Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just want to point out that "not struggling" is not indicative of not being raped. In fact, somebody struggling during an assault may get themself killed. Some people get off on their victim struggling. Some don't. Not all rapes are the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    I seriously believed that the story had been changed in some way when I first read it... So I looked around, and I can not find ANYTHING for the case to have been judged on other than the testimony of the two involved... As far as I have been able to determine the verdict really WAS given based 100% off of the judges belief in her testimony.

This is so far past ridiculous in a modern legal system it is unbelievable.
    had the same thought. was convinced this was a bad joke. Apparently you are guilty, just plain guilty if accused of rape nowadays. No evidence needed at all it seems.

this verdict is basically saying man = rapist irrespective of any sort of logic.

It will be appealed, a non retarded judge will likely throw it out. Guys life is pretty much ruined because a judge decided you don't need evidence anymore to convict someone of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I just want to point out that "not struggling" is not indicative of not being raped. In fact, somebody struggling during an assault may get themself killed. Some people get off on their victim struggling. Some don't. Not all rapes are the same.
    Nobody is saying differently, but lack of struggle means there's going to be little or no physical evidence of rape, unless the guy is a bit bigger than average, in which case going in dry may result in tearing. Lack of physical evidence hurts a criminal case.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Nobody is saying differently, but lack of struggle means there's going to be little or no physical evidence of rape, unless the guy is a bit bigger than average, in which case going in dry may result in tearing. Lack of physical evidence hurts a criminal case.
    There are plenty of people in this thread saying that "not struggling" is evidence that the accuser wasn't raped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Lyrics amateur... typical.
    A pro would have said "It's a kind of magic", not magical.

And, the escape line was redundant to change.. No escape from reality fits even better.
    The comedy though is from the fact, that the guy in the song is indeed guilty, for murderer.
    Bad overall choice.

For your intend, go with this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkm0aJMH2cI

~~~~~
    The cops took me to a little room where the bright lights shine
    There was ten poor souls like me standin' in that line
    I knew I was the victim of somebody's evil plan
    When a stool pigeon looked at me an' he said that's your man!

But I was framed
    Framed
    Framed
    I never did nothing
    But I was framed
    Framed
    Framed
    ~~~~
    Over the hills works too!

They came for him one winter's night
    Arrested he was bound
    They said there'd been a rapery
    His victim had been found

He had to fight the tears of rage
    His heart beat like a drum
    For he and his wicked girlfriend
    had spent his final night of freedom.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    She needs evidence, like everyone else.

We even let murder-cases go because there is no evidence, why would rape of a woman be any different?

This courtcase just seems to be sending the message to men: "If you rape a woman, murder her afterwards, since she can get you into trouble without evidence"

Women are over-privileged in our society.

This right here, x 10000000000000000.

If there is evidence? Bury the fcker. No evidence? Too gddmn bad.

Innocent. Until. PROVEN. Guilty.

Hope the "sisterhood" realises that what theyve just done is to basically tell every single man out there: date at your dire peril of rape accusations.

*strikes Canada off his visit iist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So if she's not telling the truth then the guy just got convicted because of her lie... Do you not find that troubling? If she's lying then everyone is now at risk of being wrongly accused and wrongly convicted, regardless of whether they were 'going to pursue criminal acts'.
    Of course it is trouble if indeed the man was innocent. Why would we think he is if the judge didn't think so? He's the person who has proven his worth to be chosen for such a position and as a result we defer to him.

Why would we think he is if the judge didn't think so? He's the person who has proven his worth to be chosen for such a position and as a result we defer to him.
    Judges never screw up and have no poilitical or personal agenda...are you REALLY this naive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Kicking at windmills? Do you believe that this case actually changed the landscape of criminal justice? It's a headline written by a paper in Toronto. It hasn't changed shit. People have been convicted on the basis of testimonial evidence for literally centuries. And yet people want to use this case to fit their narrative about a problem that isn't extensive.
    It's the most widely read newspaper in Canada. Don't act like it's a noname newspaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's no way this holds up on appeal anyway. Or at least I can't imagine it would.

The judge seems like the very picture of bias. Not to mention apparently overeager to make sure that the world knows that he's a "good guy".
    There is no appeal. Shows how much you have read of this case. Talk about responding to the title only. Cmon man. You can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Of course it is trouble if indeed the man was innocent. Why would we think he is if the judge didn't think so? He's the person who has proven his worth to be chosen for such a position and as a result we defer to him.
    Again i will ask you what could an innocent person do to prove their innocence when the burden of proof for conviction is simply the word of the accuser and some extremely flimsy circumstantial evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Don't reply to me. You're not going to discuss anything.
    So you you posted something that is a blatant lie and now you don't want anyone calling you out on it?

How was there no evidence?

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...v+Ururyar+2016

Have a read.
    This needs to be lamented or preserved or something, just an incredible case that everyone should be aware of. What a miscarriage of justice.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until decided guilty.
    This was a disgusting verdict, and I hope for the sake of humanity that the judge gets stripped permanently of any power or potential power. He decided to ruin someone's life, simply to make a statement.

What's that thing that we call someone who uses violence or intimidation in an attempt to force people to adhere to their political agenda?...
    It's right on the tip of my tongue...
    starts with a "T"...
    Oh yeah, Terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    It is innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until decided guilty.
    Is that actual law in Canada ?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's the most widely read newspaper in Canada. Don't act like it's a noname newspaper.
    It's read by 8 people in retirement homes rather than the 7 who read the competitor. Seriously, who reads newspapers anymore?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You are only a third world country if this is upheld in appeal. So, it remains to be seen.
    What appeal? There isn't going to be an appeal.

What appeal? There isn't going to be an appeal
    And you know this..how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe YOU defer to him... after this I wouldn't trust this judge to adjudicate a traffic ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

What appeal? There isn't going to be an appeal.
    IF there isn't an appeal is a result of 1 of 2 things...
    1) the defendant actually DID do it and doesn't want to fight anymore or 2) Legal malpractice

And given that its only been 2 days since the verdict YOU cant know for certain whether there IS going to be an appeal or not.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe YOU defer to him... after this I wouldn't trust this judge to adjudicate a traffic ticket.

- - - Updated - - -
    IF there isn't an appeal is a result of 1 of 2 things...
    1) the defendant actually DID do it and doesn't want to fight anymore or 2) Legal malpractice

And given that its only been 2 days since the verdict YOU cant know for certain whether there IS going to be an appeal or not.
    Society defers to him. That's why he's the judge. That's why there isn't much uproar and why the case is being largely praised. Why there isn't an appeal.