Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Sentimentallity and emotional outbursts have no place in the long-term political, economical and environmental policy-making. An appeal to emotion is also a fallacy. It doesn't make environmental decisions any less important or meaningful that you have an easier time getting upset about ISIS.
    Huh? The whole climate change narrative has been sold by using sentimental and emotional arguments.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The joke is the right wingers in this thread who continue to ardently believe that global warming does not exist.
    Global Warming does exist though. We call it Summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Global Warming does exist though. We call it Summer.
    hurhurhur good one

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Huh? The whole climate change narrative has been sold by using sentimental and emotional arguments.
    The emotion stems from not acting upon the clear and documented scientific evidence backing up the theory. I get emotional about climate change because we need to do more than we are as a species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Sentimentallity and emotional outbursts have no place in the long-term political, economical and environmental policy-making. An appeal to emotion is also a fallacy. It doesn't make environmental decisions any less important or meaningful that you have an easier time getting upset about ISIS.

But I guess you could go tell the victims of Katrina that dealing with natural disasters and environmental issues isn't important and see how THEY react.
    Bruh, what you know about Katrina? And what exactly are governments going to do to prevent Hurricanes from forming?
    If you're talking about recovery after a natural disaster, let me tell you something. Grand Isle, Louisiana was fucking flattened after Katrina and they got less than New Orleans did from the government. The people rebuilt there not the government and within a couple of years it was business as usual there even though they had a few storms after that.
    New Orleans on the other hand still has depooied buildings and its been over 10 years now!!!!!!

The problems with natural disaster, in Louisiana at least, global warmin/climate change, whatever yall callin it now don't have much to do with it. Where I live, costal erosion and saltwater intrusion are 1000x more threatening than climate change. That ain't melting ice caps either that's making it sink, that's just living on an old river delta.

Give us rebates to go to water refrigerant and people will happily switch. It's just like solar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I am questioning people who would use this "swamp cooler."
    It works great if you've got high heat and low humidity.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Flat out embarrassing that despite what science has proven for decades it's more important for these people to take low ball shots at an arbitrary side to make them feel better about themselves. Science doesn't operate under "left" or "right" conditions. Even more embarrassing because whole countries who've adopted cleaner energy and benefited from it must just be wrong right. There's even states in the US that are adopting more of it, but no it's just a hoax. That's what scientist do, create bogus lies, not politicians. Some of these politicians don't even understand economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Flat out embarrassing that despite what science has proven for decades it's more important for these people to take low ball shots at an arbitrary side to make them feel better about themselves. Science doesn't operate under "left" or "right" conditions. Even more embarrassing because whole countries who've adopted cleaner energy and benefited from it must just be wrong right. There's even states in the US that are adopting more of it, but no it's just a hoax. That's what scientist do, create bogus lies, not politicians. Some of these politicians don't even understand economics.
    Only problem is that specific people and enterprises do stand to gain monetarily from a pro-climate change agenda. There is always money to be made from making catastrophic doomsday predictions. Should we go along with this narrative and increase costs, disproportionately affecting the poor, because politicians tell us its the right thing to do?
    Last edited by ControlWarrior; 2016-07-24 at 02:29 AM.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Only problem is that specific people and enterprises do stand to gain monetarily from a pro-climate change agenda. There is always money to made from making catastrophic doomsday predictions. Should we go along with this narrative and increase costs, disproportionately affecting the poor, because politicians tell us its the right thing to do?
    You think the oil companies/coal companies/gas companies/airlines/car industry want a pro climate change agenda are you insane? Its not a political narrative its a scientific narrative, there isn't some global conspiracy involving all national scientific bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kerry will not give up the air conditioning in his own home(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Just like Gore won't give up his private jet.

For god sake he isn't campaigning for air conditioning to be banned. Do you even read what is said or do you just think hurr durr democrat trying to take something away from me and being a hypocrit best call him out and make myself feel better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    For god sake he isn't campaigning for air conditioning to be banned.
    Didn't say he was.

Only problem is that specific people and enterprises do stand to gain monetarily from a pro-climate change agenda. There is always money to made from making catastrophic doomsday predictions. Should we go along with this narrative and increase costs, disproportionately affecting the poor, because politicians tell us its the right thing to do?
    No, politicians should not be paving our future, science is the only option. It's not like fossil fuels are infinite, that's elementary knowledge now, hopefully. If there's an economy for it, then that's not a bad thing, should create more jobs. It's not doomsday predictions, it's warnings, sprinkled with some possibilities, but the opinion that it doesn't exist is bordering conspiracy theory territory. Some of the most gifted scientist have been saying it for very long, and there hasn't been any scientific data that suggests otherwise, just a "well, how do we know that's from global warming".

Didn't say he was.
    So why he say he wouldn't give up the AC in his own home? What does that mean? He probably has AC that doesn't have HFC's in it. How the fuck would you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    So why he say he wouldn't give up the AC in his own home? What does that mean?
    It means that even though he has apparently said that air conditioners are as big a threat as ISIS, he won't get rid of them where he lives.

Just admit it was a inarticulate statement by Kerry and move on please.
    Why? I don't agree with you. I know you come to all arguments from a position of believing your right before it even starts. However, I agree with his statement. He was at a convention regarding appliances and HFC. He made the point that what they are doing is important for humanity as it helps decrease climate change just like trying to stop terrorism is important for humanity. I completely agree with him and would have made a similar sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

It means that even though he has apparently said that air conditioners are as big a threat as ISIS, he won't get rid of them where he lives.
    He didn't say air conditioners are as a big a threat as ISIS do you forge this narrative in your own head to fit your spin?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is heat such a problem that you need fucking ACs?
    I mean if you have a house whith thick enough STONE walls (and not that crappy wood) and have a propper isolation all you need to do is close the coutains and almost no heat will come in. Never undserstand the need for such crappy things (AVs).

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say air conditioners are as a big a threat as ISIS do you forge this narrative in your own head to fit your spin?
    I was just responding to the thread title. Relax. Chill. Unclench.