Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    As I said, please try to keep up with the conversation. This is rooted in someone claiming their friends switched to Trump after listening to this speech and I have been commenting on how ridiculous it is that anyone should find such an empty masturbatory speech persuasive ever since.
    Do you find the "I Have a Dream" speech made by Martin Luther King Jr. persuasive? According to your standard, it is an empty "masturbatory" speech as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As I said. Cutting off the nose to spite the face.

You seem to have convinced yourself that a Trump presidency only negatively effects the democrats. As if Hillary Clinton winning or not winning was the only point. What about the victimization of immigrants, Muslims, and the 20 billion dollar money pit? What about legalizing torture? What about the basic abrogation of a key part of the 14th amendment? And then there's the outright pissing off of key American trade partners, the anti-gay rhetoric, and general ineptitude that would come with a Trump presidency.

You can't have all or nothing in politics. There has to be compromise. Because more often than not following that mindset, you find yourself with nothing, and not all.
    See, I care about all of that. But like I said, I care more about the DNC losing now.

See, the fundamental difference is that Hillary is commanding me to kneel. Trump is asking for my support. I may think Trump is a colossal douchebag, but he has never demanded my obedience the way Hillary and the DNC have. I'd rather die on my feet than kneel to a tyrant and live.

And that's exactly what it is. Cutting off the nose to spite the face. That's what I'm doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Trump is not anti-gay. And just because the GOP platform has some bullshit in it, does not mean he will try to get that put into legislation. He is much more progressive than any GOP candidate has been.
    The GOP platform reads like a bloody Chick Tract! Trump is now the leader of the Republican party, and that means the extremely anti-LGBT Republican platform is now HIS platform, and he owns it.

As Grover Norquist infamously declared a few years ago, conservatives don't need a great thinker for president, they just need a president with enough working digits to hold a pen so they can sign everything a Republican Congress sent to their desk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    His staff or you? Hahaha.
    The numbers his tweet had were 24 minutes out of 75 minutes. Thats 32%.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Do you find the "I Have a Dream" speech made by Martin Luther King Jr. persuasive? According to your standard, it is an empty "masturbatory" speech as well.
    They are in no way comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Good god the willingness to believe in alternate reality never ceases to amaze me.

Bernie supporters will overwhelmingly vote for Hillary and those that don't are more likely to vote third party, not for Trump.

And to even think that the LGBT community will support Trump after the GOP platform that was published is just being completely naive. You'll get a few people, of course, but the gay community will overwhelmingly support Clinton.
    I know you're paid to shill for Clinton but honestly it's just sad at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The mental gymnastics supposed Sanders supporters play in order to justify their temper tantrum vote is sorta amusing, I'll give you that.
    It's not mental gymnastics, we have hard evidence that they fucked us. Or are you not aware of the 20,000 DNC emails released by wikileaks yesterday?

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ak_megathread/

Trump is not anti-gay. And just because the GOP platform has some bullshit in it, does not mean he will try to get that put into legislation. He is much more progressive than any GOP candidate has been.
    And for a candidate that can't afford to lose any part of his base, progressiveness is a death knell.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2016-07-24 at 04:04 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The GOP platform reads like a bloody Chick Tract! Trump is now the leader of the Republican party, and that means the extremely anti-LGBT Republican platform is now HIS platform, and he owns it.

As Grover Norquist infamously declared a few years ago, conservatives don't need a great thinker for president, they just need a president with enough working digits to hold a pen so they can sign everything a Republican Congress sent to their desk.
    Na. He got a ovation when he talked about protecting the LGBT and their rights. Which a decade ago, he would not have. Trump has changed the GOP party and it will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Using the numbers Trump provided 32% is correct. Regardless that someone is creating a tweet to praise himself for the amount of applause he got is a stunning insight into the massive ego he has.
    As a fact, I have already given an example in my previous post to show that unless Trump or his staff tell you how he rounded the number, you cannot say for sure it is a 32% of a 33%.

7+ Year Old Account
    As I said, please try to keep up with the conversation. This is rooted in someone claiming their friends switched to Trump after listening to this speech and I have been commenting on how ridiculous it is that anyone should find such an empty masturbatory speech persuasive ever since.
    But he's attended professional meetings so therefore he knows more about the conversation than you.

People who think Democrats would cross the party line when on the Republican side you have a fractured party are living in an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's not mental gymnastics, we have hard evidence that they fucked us. Or are you not aware of the 20,000 DNC emails released by wikileaks yesterday?

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ak_megathread/
    The mental gymnastics refers to the emails being an excuse to vote for Trump. As if that'll just show that darn DNC!

You can pretend you're taking a stand all you want, but its just a temper tantrum that'll result in a vote for a person who couldn't even list the issues that are important to you, let alone support or advocate for them.

Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na. He got a ovation when he talked about protecting the LGBT and their rights. Which a decade ago, he would not have. Trump has changed the GOP party and it will never be the same.
    Yeah, the GOP is now SOOO pro-LGBT that it rejected efforts to make its anti-LGBT rhetoric more inclusive and less bigoted, and has Mat Staver (AKA The worst lawyer in America) boasting about how conservative the GOP platform is.

ANd I agree that Trump has changed the GOP and will never be the same: He's brought the racists and white supremacists to the forefront of the party, and when he loses in November, one can only hope he kills the Republican party in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah! I mean, what else has Kaine done? What are his qualifications that make him so special?

I mean, other than being a civil rights lawyer for ten years. Oh right, he graduated from Harvard Law.
    And a town council member.
    And the mayor of Richmond.
    And the Lt. governor of Virginia.
    And the governor of Virginia. During which tenure he dealt with the Virginia Tech mass shooting, and gave the Dem response to Bush's State of the Union.
    And a US Senator for Virginia.
    And he's been on the Armed Service Committee. And the Foreign Relations Committee. And the Budget Committee.
    And he chairs the "United States Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia and Counterterrorism".

Okay, so he has some experience. But his stance on the issues can't possibly be what the ticket needs, can it?
    Oh, he's pro-choice.
    And anti-gun.
    And supports the ACA.
    And supports same-sex marriage and LBGT rights.
    And anti-smoking. He passed a smoking ban in Virginia. Twice.
    And he's pro-environment, believes in climate change.
    And he cut the Virginia budget without raising taxes.
    And he's pro-education.

And he's co-sponsored a bill with a Republican.
    And he went with John McCain, yes the war hero, to the Halifax International Security Forum to represent the US. The topics were Ukraine and ISIL.
    In fact, he's so okay with Republicans that he's been married to the same one for thirty-two years.

Huh. Actually, this guy sounds pretty solid even without the Spanish. Oh, and the volunteer work in Honduras.
    Oh, I'm not saying the guy doesn't have experience. I'm more-so faulting clinton and him for playing to the hispanics with having him speaking spanish at every opportunity.

At the end of the day, the sad reality is that people think that a huge chunk of things both candidates (and all other candidates that were in the race) say they will do, have the ability to do very little of that on their own.
    Last edited by alturic; 2016-07-24 at 04:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I know you're paid to shill for Clinton but honestly it's just sad at this point.
    You do? Care to provide proof since you know that and all? Or would you prefer just to actually refute his points without out the stupid paid shill nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    People who think Democrats would cross the party line when on the Republican side you have a fractured party are living in an alternate reality.
    Some will both ways. It happens in just about every election. How much however remains to be seen. The GOP party is not as fractured as some would like for it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yeah, the GOP is now SOOO pro-LGBT that it rejected efforts to make its anti-LGBT rhetoric more inclusive and less bigoted, and has Mat Staver (AKA The worst lawyer in America) boasting about how conservative the GOP platform is.

ANd I agree that Trump has changed the GOP and will never be the same: He's brought the racists and white supremacists to the forefront of the party, and when he loses in November, one can only hope he kills the Republican party in the process.
    Time will tell.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a fact, I have already given an example in my previous post to show that unless Trump or his staff tell you how he rounded the number, you cannot say for sure it is a 32% of a 33%.
    He provided the numbers of 24 and 75. Using his numbers the percentage is 32. Period. If he provided the two numbers you came up with the percentage would be different but he didn't. Its pretty simple.

Because you don't understand significant figures. If they calculated the figure using four significant figures, as in your example, then the proper answer has four significant figures as well, which would be 32.63%, not 33%.
    LOL, cmon dude. They can use 4 sig figs during the calculation and only use 2 sig figs when they show the final results. Just stop. Have you graduated from high school yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because you don't understand significant figures. If they calculated the figure using four significant figures, as in your example, then the proper answer has four significant figures as well, which would be 32.63%, not 33%.
    Amusing that the poor fellow is telling people to learn math and demonstrates his lack of knowledge about it.