Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think with how widespread the problem of doping is becoming the IOC needs to make a clear statment about what happens when you take extraordinairy measures to promote, and cover up for doping use in sports.

It's clear though that no decision has been made and that there's only going to be a decision made today (Sunday) on what actually happens. This article is very premature, and probably based on 1 or maybe 2 people that have said they think this will happen ro that this is what they want to happen. And then the Mail just ran with it as a decided subject, cause they know the Brits still hate Russia for the football issue a few weeks ago at the EC.

Whatever the IOC does I hoep it at least takes sufficient steps to make sure this can never happen again. Tbh though, I have a feeling the IOC may be as corrupted as the IAAF was and may take half hearted measures, or turn things over to the Sports Federations, in which case they basically say that they are afraid to take the measures needed. Turning things over to the Sports Federations would, in my opinion, mean that the IOC is indeed corrupt and doesn't want to abandon it's cronies.

We'll see what happens though.

IOC fight corruption. There is a small chance in Rio of that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    IOC fight corruption. There is a small chance in Rio of that ever happening.
    Like asking FIFA to fight corruption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think with how widespread the problem of doping is becoming the IOC needs to make a clear statment about what happens when you take extraordinairy measures to promote, and cover up for doping use in sports.

It's clear though that no decision has been made and that there's only going to be a decision made today (Sunday) on what actually happens. This article is very premature, and probably based on 1 or maybe 2 people that have said they think this will happen ro that this is what they want to happen. And then the Mail just ran with it as a decided subject, cause they know the Brits still hate Russia for the football issue a few weeks ago at the EC.

Whatever the IOC does I hoep it at least takes sufficient steps to make sure this can never happen again. Tbh though, I have a feeling the IOC may be as corrupted as the IAAF was and may take half hearted measures, or turn things over to the Sports Federations, in which case they basically say that they are afraid to take the measures needed. Turning things over to the Sports Federations would, in my opinion, mean that the IOC is indeed corrupt and doesn't want to abandon it's cronies.

We'll see what happens though.
    They have already kicked out the Russian track and field teams. That puts them in a big bind if they decide to do nothing now when there is even more evidence.

Remember they also already have further public justification from a recent ruling and huge independent investigation against the Russian track and field team too.

Everything is lined up now for them to take decisive action.

So, if they DIDN'T ban Russia, that would be indicative of a huge problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    They have already kicked out the Russian track and field teams. That puts them in a big bind if they decide to do nothing now when there is even more evidence.

Remember they also already have further public justification from a recent ruling and huge independent investigation against the Russian track and field team too.

Everything is lined up now for them to take decisive action.

So, if they DIDN'T ban Russia, that would be indicative of a huge problem.
    Mhmm. I read a different article, which was far more neutral then the Daily Mail, which laid out the possibilities, and the decision to outright ban all russian athletes is completely there for them to take.

The problem I have with it is that it was the IAAF that decided to ban the Russian track and field team, and then the CAS upheld it. The IOC from what I can tell didn;t really do anything in the matter. This decision however is completely on their plate. They have the authority to do whatever they feel is necessary and will most likely get the decision upheld by the CAS.

So the question is if the IOC can be impartial enough and uncorrupted enough to take measures that are needed. Like others have indicated, I have my doubts the IOC can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in light of the whole Rio fiasco, I would hope they can. Otherwise why would any country take them seriously after this? I really think this is their one and only chance to show they're not a complete screwy organization (just moderately screwy).

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Lucky for them. They don't have to deal with Rio.
    Zika + ISIS ...ya they dodged a bullet.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Zika + ISIS ...ya they dodged a bullet.
    Ehh I don't really see an ISIS problem there, just the crime and corruption and Zika. Well just the crime and Zika, since you know, the Russians are Kings of Corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    wtf? They're totally not doping.......

i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even with all the doping they did at Social, they couldn't win gold in hockey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Yep, unfortunately institutionalized cheating has to be punished with blanket bans, even for those who might not neccesarily be directly guilty. The way that russia has been flaunting doping regulations in all different sports has to stop and unfortunately it seems that russians only respond to forceful measures like this.

Having said that, the russians will probably spin this against as anti-russian political measures (as they have in the previous stages of these bans) so it will probably lead to further worsening of the relationships between russia and the rest of the world.
    Isn't that how that always works? No one is ever to blame, it's always someone else!

Just look at the new Ghostbusters movie, it's a piece of junk...but is it their fault? NO! It's all misogynists that hate it and has nothing to do at all with it being a bad movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Having said that, the russians will probably spin this against as anti-russian political measures (as they have in the previous stages of these bans) so it will probably lead to further worsening of the relationships between russia and the rest of the world.
    Well if Russia wants to stop worsening their relation with the rest of the world, they should stop doing stupid shit like this.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    People still pretend sports events are fair after Armstrong trainwreck?
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2016-07-24 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it to Putin to spike your drink.

Russia should send them anyways. I mean WTF are they going to do about it? Last time I checked Mother Russia has an Army and the IOC does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Russia should send them anyways. I mean WTF are they going to do about it? Last time I checked Mother Russia has an Army and the IOC does not.
    A war over sports, OK.

OT: Maybe this will force Russia to abide by the rules. Risks or not, Russia obviously takes the Olympics serious enough to force bodily mutation on their athletes.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

Fine let them compete. Just record all their scores as null. What would Mother Russia do then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why ban the athletes when it was state sponsored?
    Becuse it was against the rules, now how many of the athletes have thrown themself in front of the court and said they forced me to take doping, please have mercy, I am the victim.....

Wondering if they have thought of something similar with African runners. With the documentary that was in tv some time ago, it seems like there is a lot of doping going on there aswell

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Lucky for them. They don't have to deal with Rio.
    exactly I think they got of lightly, as from the problems the Rio has you would not catch me going there.. Just found this http://www.news.com.au/sport/olympic...eb4678629e5a06 .. If true then definitely would not want to go there..