Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP cm set recolour added to legion - Discuss

So yes, whilst I was browsing through the wardrobe collection, I came across the 'silver hand' set which is a silver and gold equivalent of the paladin mop cm set and I came across similar results for other classes such as the DK which has a back and green equivalent for their set. It's a shame blizzard can't release anything unique without eventually giving in to all the QQ. I got sets for all 11 classes back in mop which somewhat feels cheapened. A few reasons why they shouldn't have been reintroduced

• Players had an entire expansion to pursue the sets, however they preferred to unsub saying that the game is shit or they sat afk in shrine complaining.
    • There were people out there who weren't capable of completing them but the rewards weren't for them if they struggled that much. Heck, me and a few friends even sold boosts for 70k towards the end of MoP which they could have bought.
    • Players didn't get a chance to obtain them for their alts. Tough luck, they got them on the characters they played properly at the time. Again they had an entire expansion - do note in they became stupidly easy towards the end.

They are recolours which is something to bare in mind but nevertheless the it stills feels shitty.

This is my bias opinion however, though please do share your thoughts. Nothing is mentioned regarding the source for these.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a Thread about this.
    They aren't the same Sets, the Shoulders/Special effects of the Armour are gone and they are a different colour, thus special snowflakes can still be special snowflakes.
    Most people just bought the Sets in MoP anyway so there is no real "prestige" to the original sets anyway.

stop being mad about what other people can have in Videogames.

Deleted
    Just thought I'd share my opinion mate, thanks for letting me know there's a thread open 2 pages back.
    Also try not to be so stern, I did say it's my bias opinion but hey, this is the internet - guessing you didn't consider there's an actual person sat behind this screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    There is already a Thread about this.
    They aren't the same Sets, the Shoulders/Special effects of the Armour are gone and they are a different colour, thus special snowflakes can still be special snowflakes.
    Most people just bought the Sets in MoP anyway so there is no real "prestige" to the original sets anyway.

stop being mad about what other people can have in Videogames.
    I'm not really proud I did the CMs at 90, I'm proud I'm so good looking xD

Why do you care?

They look different and considering they aren't even recolours, people will instantly see who did the CMs.

Hell, they've been planning to release ACTUAL recolours during WoD, but they didn't do it, be happy that they instead released gutted CM sets instead.

Or can you honestly say that THIS looks like this? Or this like this?

The sets are recolours of the CM MoP sets, but if you compared the sets to the Legion version, you will see the Legion version is more cut down. Like certain parts of shoulders and helms have just the base shape rather than the extra horns/skulls/cloth etc on the MoP version. So I still say the MoP version still looks still far superior than these Legion sets.

People who bitch about this are just pathethic. The set looks completely different without their special effects. For example, Hunter set looks fricking horrible, mage one too.

Wake up. They are not the SAME, so stop bitching about it like little babies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Yeah the other thread states a lot of this - just as stated with a few added points: the gear isn't actually a clone, the shoulders/special casting/animations don't happen on the cloned sets, as well as this fact: we've had these sets for what - two expansions now? So now it's about being a special snowflake now? I mean don't get me wrong, nobody was carried to the sets in MOP right, so I mean I think they should be as exclusive as glad mounts - because so many people have look alike glad mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post

Fast Forward two years later they are like We already grabbed the money of Pandaland buyers, but Legion is yet to be purchased so let us hand out Challenge Mode Armor to effortless Mission clickers
    what? just because the vendor is inside the order hall it doesnt mean the missions have anything to do with it lol.
    you unlock each piece for something different. nightfallen rep, artifact power gained. legion dungeons done. etc. not for missions.

and also: boohoo blizzard released a recolour of something i liked. i quit!
    blizzard (and any other mmo out their) does lots of recolours. if you quit over something like that sure.

I still don't care even if Legion offered the exactly same sets for free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Yeah the other thread states a lot of this - just as stated with a few added points: the gear isn't actually a clone, the shoulders/special casting/animations don't happen on the cloned sets, as well as this fact: we've had these sets for what - two expansions now? So now it's about being a special snowflake now? I mean don't get me wrong, nobody was carried to the sets in MOP right, so I mean I think they should be as exclusive as glad mounts - because so many people have look alike glad mounts
    A more reasonable response along with a few above. Thank you! I did wonder why the they looked slightly different but it's not something that has been advertised to make this fully clear.

As someone who earned the Challenge Mode set during MoP, I say they should let people earn the original as well. I see no point to the exclusion in the first place, other than letting people act like arrogant jackasses by bragging about how awesome they are.

Complaining about a re-skinned version with fewer effects seems beyond stupid to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    what? just because the vendor is inside the order hall it doesnt mean the missions have anything to do with it lol.
    you unlock each piece for something different. nightfallen rep, artifact power gained. legion dungeons done. etc. not for missions.

and also: boohoo blizzard released a recolour of something i liked. i quit!
    blizzard (and any other mmo out their) does lots of recolours. if you quit over something like that sure.
    It's once of those things developers cannot get right. They'll certain thing re-obtainable which got removed and certain things unobtainable. Consistency would be great, I get the sets are now 'dumbed' down and not the actual thing but they didn't have to reintroduce them by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige? You mean how many walking around with MoP CM sets bought theirs with gold or irl money?
    Yeah, there's no prestige in a game where everything is for sale mate

This Is so annoying I actually went out and got the sets on all my alts just so I have that special snowflake stuff, i HATE the recolor of awesome things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    A more reasonable response along with a few above. Thank you! I did wonder why the they looked slightly different but it's not something that has been advertised to make this fully clear.
    It's all good, a lot of people will rock those sets m8, and I think that makes the cm mop gold 9/9 look better - plus, I always liked that priest set, we shall see how it looks on release, I only have the cm mop gold warrior/pali - I typically only play those classes but it be nice to have a clone of the priest one (at least a low key clone)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Prestige? You mean how many walking around with MoP CM sets bought theirs with gold or irl money?
    Yeah, there's no prestige in a game where everything is for sale mate
    Do note prestige isn't actually wrote once in the OP but w/e smh.

Deleted
    everyone who tried doing those achieved them. mop cms were incredibly easy. for those who missed them blizz will add a recolour.

you still habe your color scheme to show off and the mop ones look alot better.
    Last edited by mmoc12739b337f; 2016-07-24 at 12:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cm sets are ultra cool. Good that they're getting variations of them made!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    One of the reasons I quit:

They incentivized playing during Pandaland with these limited availability unique armor sets who "will no longer be available" after the End of Mists. They specifically mentioned "now’s the time to get out there and prove your worth"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/129...ning-9-23-2014

There was a big Developer post in conjunction with the Legend Cloak removal, about how the devs wish for players who do current content to be rewarding, and how they were going to be consistent with items removal.

Fast Forward two years later they are like We already grabbed the money of Pandaland buyers, but Legion is yet to be purchased so let us hand out Challenge Mode Armor to effortless Mission clickers

Inb4 fanboi apologists "But those have anothercolor so they are totally different from Challenge Mode Sets!"

Damn, got sniped while writing the reply.

We complain about the flip-floppidy of what Developers say and do.

The Payday 2 Developers received their rightful shitstorm after promising to "never have Microtransactions" and shaming those who would suggest otherwise, then adding Microtransactions. So why not Blizzard, too.
    You either enjoy the game, or you don't.

See you in Legion.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.