Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themengsk176 View Post
    While I appreciate the fleshing out of backstory on Gul'dan, as he is one of the more intriguing characters in the lore, he acts so different from his MU counterpart that he might as well be a different character entirely. MU Gul'dan was much more about himself and screwing over everybody else than some die hard legion loyalist. Granted, the two characters were put in rather different situations.
    Not so sure AU Gul'dan is much of a Legion loyalist either. He frequently talks about power granted to him and Archimonde apparently thought Gul'dan may abandon them as he grabbed him and sent him to our world with that bitter "we made a pact" phrase. I think he'll do whatever the Legion asks as long as they grant him more abilities. Should there come a point where he has the opportunity to slay them in order to gain even an ounce of more power, I think he just might screw them all over.

As meh as I think WoD was, Gul'dan is actually one of the few interesting things to come out of it.

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to him being gone, but I also think he has served his purpose by the time we reach him in Legion. They shouldn't drag him out any more than that tbh.

Deleted
    Nope. I mean, it is a fitting, inevitable ending, but I am not particularly looking forward to it.

One of the best characters in the whole series. I weep at the mentality of "this was from WoD so it's shitty".

WoD was shitty, but not everything it brought was.

It'll be sweet to finally end him once and for all. He was honestly the biggest problem that I had with WoD. It was supposed to be World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, but it ended up becoming World of Warcraft: Hijacked by Gul'dan.

I don't get why he's so high ranking in the Legion. He completely failed in WoD multiple times. Why is he suddenly this super high ranking warlock with a bunch of demons serving him? Even MU Gul'dan was merely a pawn and he was significantly more successful than AU Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I don't get why he's so high ranking in the Legion. He completely failed in WoD multiple times. Why is he suddenly this super high ranking warlock with a bunch of demons serving him? Even MU Gul'dan was merely a pawn and he was significantly more successful than AU Gul'dan.
    A 1000x this.

We've seen multiple times now when demons fail their task, a bigger demon usually comes in, says "you have failed me" then zaps them with a bolt and kills them Executus style. Legion has zero tolerance for failures, so I don't get why Gul'dan still has such a high rank. Archimonde and Mannoroth should probably get janitor duty too for a while...

Deleted
    Gul'Dan wasn't the problem - all the cut story lines were. I don't mind him bridging the way into Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless MU Gul'dan respawns, confronts AU Gul'dan then absorbs his power and becoming the avatar of Sargeras... we're stuck with him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    A 1000x this.

We've seen multiple times now when demons fail their task, a bigger demon usually comes in, says "you have failed me" then zaps them with a bolt and kills them Executus style. Legion has zero tolerance for failures, so I don't get why Gul'dan still has such a high rank. Archimonde and Mannoroth should probably get janitor duty too for a while...
    I think him being zapped into the portal to reappear into Azeroth and resurrect Illidan is the fail safe plan. One could argue that this doesn't sound like something Archimonde would do, but meh. It's how I interpreted the scene, anyway.

I think he's only going to be seen early in the expansion and be removed after that, kind of like Garrosh Hellscream in WOD. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I'm getting.

the ilvl of guldans plot armor is like twelve expansions too high for us.

im sure hell be fine

Quote Originally Posted by kencloudli View Post
    I think he's only going to be seen early in the expansion and be removed after that, kind of like Garrosh Hellscream in WOD. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I'm getting.
    Well he's a raid boss so he's already infinitely more important than Garrosh ever was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well he's a raid boss so he's already infinitely more important than Garrosh ever was.
    Yeah, if only Garrosh was a final raid boss in an expansion.

Gul'dan was a nice villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Yeah, if only Garrosh was a final raid boss in an expansion.
    Weren't we talking about Garrosh and Gul'dan in the context of WoD?

I think he's served his purpose. He's one of the few interesting things from WoD but being an au double still makes it hard for me to get invested. I feel like his importance and power is being inflated to keep him relevant for the start of Legion.

Deleted
    Weren't we talking about Garrosh and Gul'dan in the context of WoD?
    We were, until your own words: "EVER was" referring to both of their status as "raid bosses" expanded on the context to their overall status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    We were, until your own words: "EVER was" referring to both of their status as "raid bosses" expanded on the context to their overall status.
    So I should have said "ever was in WoD" to clear up that misunderstanding?

Deleted
    So I should have said "ever was in WoD" to clear up that misunderstanding?
    Yes.

Or rephrase better, really. Something like "Gul'dan is much more important as a character than Garrosh in this storyline."

I mean it's not a big deal, I am not here to teach you how to post you know? After you explained, I understood what you said, so that's good enough. Just hte implication was misplaced when brought up in such a generalization, espeically referring to their raid boss status.

To make it clear: Yes, Gul'dan is definitely much more important in Warlords than Garrosh. I agree. Garrosh might have started the engine, but Gul'dan is the one screeching behind the wheels, killing kittens.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    It will certainly be nice to get rid of the last vestiges of WOD
    This right here. The sooner we can sweep every last detail of Warlords under the rug, the better. It's bad enough that The Harbingers video with him is based on his AU timeline which even Blizzard seems to be unsure of at this point. His entire pre-Warlords character is dismantled and it's a damn shame in general to see so much laid to waste because of that bullshit expansion and the shitlord's who thought it was a good idea.

As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't even be mad if they retconned the entire expansion out of existence for any kind of reason and our Gul'dan is back because 'magic' to kickstart this invasion so we can go on our merry way.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.