Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We already declare tariffs on a per product basis. What planet have you been living on? Oh what's wrong with it now is it because it's trump?
    No where and I mean no where did I say that this was new power. Not sure why you seem to think I did unless it is an inability to read what I actually wrote. So try in the future to address what I actually wrote as opposed to making things up.

As is clear by what I actually wrote I was pointing out the power in response to the posters discussion on what Trump could do on his own.

And Trump using it to launch a trade war. There's plenty wrong with it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Trump has never declared bankruptcy... companies he either owned or participated in has. Get it straight cause when you get it wrong you look stupid.
    As if that actually makes one bit of difference.

Deleted
    Also im curious what others took home from that speech.
    I've seen it.

"Im smart"
    "Im awesome"
    "Im a great business man"
    "did i mention how rich i am?"
    "oh and im smart too"!
    "I started out with a small loan and made billions"
    "i own the most luxerous stuff"
    "We need people that think this way".

And all the republicans go home thinking "omg donalds really smart." like hes pavlov ringing the bell.
    Look back at the speech. The guy didnt say ANYTHING significant. Nothing. Just 1 big monologue about how awesome he himself thinks he is. Dont believe me? Take a shot every time he says ME or I and see if you can still stand.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-07-24 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    Why the double standard then? Why his standard only applies to Trump but not to MLK Jr. and the other speakers? I can easily find great speeches that do not directly offer or discuss any detailed plans.
    If this is intended to be a serious reply I can only suggest you attend a speaking seminar about... speaking.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2016-07-24 at 12:06 PM.

I like how he just stated that German people travelling to the US need special control because Germany has such a problem with islamistic terror.
    Thats the kind of delusional crap trump supporters believe and want to hear i guess...

Deleted
    every time I read something about the current US election I think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pji_IX-UacM

God help us all

His speech was incredible. I wasn't going to vote for him, but now I'm really on the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    I like how he just stated that German people travelling to the US need special control because Germany has such a problem with islamistic terror.
    Thats the kind of delusional crap trump supporters believe and want to hear i guess...
    How long till he invokes Godwin's law?

- - - Updated - - -

Diden't Trump also use the Munich mass shooting to push his agenda? No islam ties, but that does not stop him from claiming it had, just to whip his fanbase in a further fury.

I doubt many of those supporting Sanders are all in for a corporate capitalists appealing to marginalized white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I doubt many of those supporting Sanders are all in for a corporate capitalists appealing to marginalized white guys.

Apologies.
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2016-07-24 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    All Clinton has to do is to offer them more free stuff. Free education, free meals, free internet, free cellphones, free cars, free houses and they will vote for her.
    which sock puppet account are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    What a racist and sexist comment.

From a moderator no less......

Race and gender should have no bearing on this issue.

Take your hate speech elsewhere.
    I don't think you understand racism.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    As if that actually makes one bit of difference.
    It does if you have had several businesses. Which is understandable considering those are risky. But compared to how many he has had and the very small number which had to file bankruptcy, he has been very successful. I do not think he had any government bailouts like the big automakers have and some banks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Having former Republican Party runners Basically warn the public about voting for trump and having several old suppoters say ?No thanks" to his nomination?

The party is fractured as hell. You already had the whole RINOs thing going on then Trump came and drove the wedge even further.
    And you do not think this has nothing to do with the fact Trump brought in more GOP votes than any GOP candidate in history and is basically changing the party in ways they do not approve of? The main ones complaining are the losers from the past. They hate to see someone outside the party get so much attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroSleetstorm View Post
    Lots of commie scum ITT. Kids talking about fake politics and populism is amusing. The Hitler comparisons are hilariously wrong. History is no longer being taught therefore the day of the rope is coming. The coming Russo-American Alliance will stomp out the parasite that is Islam and dispose of those who will not assimilate to OUR WAY OF LIFE. All forms of degeneracy that erode society will be culled. The RWDS are coming!

I'm ready for war while most of you idiots will die a coward's death like those in the Bataclan Theatre who didn't fight back at all.
    I'm always impressed when some backwards hick white supremacist manages to cobble enough brain cells working in unison to use the internet. For someone so hung up on history, you might want to check out Germany circa the 1930s and how dictators rise to power through ensuring their populace is terrified enough of a mysterious and threatening outsider to latch onto an authoritarian leader, appeals to blind nationalism and racial supremacy, and encouraging mob mentality and violence. Then take a good, long, hard look in the mirror when you're sucking up to dictators in everything but name like Putin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    What a racist and sexist comment.
    Perhaps you are going for sarcasm, but in case my reading of your post is incorrect; Race and and gender were very important issues to Bernie Sanders supporters whom were largely socially progressive.

Trump's recent speech was not such at all.

Racism and Sexism are concerned with prejudice toward race and sex.

Hillary doesn't appeal to white guys... oh wait, I see what you did there.

Perhaps you are going for sarcasm, but in case my reading of your post is incorrect; Race and and gender were very important issues to Bernie Sanders supporters whom were largely socially progressive.

Trump's recent speech was not such at all.

Racism and Sexism are concerned with prejudice toward race and sex.
    I read it wrong. I read it from an incorrect angle and now that I have read your response and re-read your original post, my accusations where quick and short sighted.

My apologies.

As an outsider, I'd choose Hillary over Trump. Trump has not yet revealed how he'll actually achieve any of this making America great again nonsense. Which already begs the question, when and why was America great and when and why did they stop being great. Still one of the few that can claim to still be a superpower, currently still has religious freedom without influencing the state, rights for minorities and genders are improving all the time. There is still much to do, your policing needs reformed, your immigrant policies need consideration towards fairness not just security, gun laws do need a looking at no matter how much the 2nd Amendment is revered, general improvements in infrastructure to better utilize the landmass of the country rather than have only a couple of major hubs where wealth can be made. This will not create greatness as that's a subjective term after all, and in the past America for all it's prosperity has had a few too many skeletons in the closet to define as great in the literal sense. But then no country can be considered great if we were to actually suggest that there be nothing wrong with a nation in order for greatness to exist.
    Now back to Trump's vague promise of achieving 'greatness' and the America people winning big, how does America win big? What's the plan going ahead should Trump win? Where are the policy ideas that will lay down the foundation for a economic boom that will not go bust? How can anyone vote for a candidate who is not giving them an idea of what to expect from them beyond a vague promise? Will there be an increase in public work projects? Will it's borders see an influx of recruitment to create and patrol 'the wall'? How will government reduce it's deficit? Which areas receive cuts? As the apparent view of Trump is a reduction in taxes will occur, that means without savage cuts government's deficit will increase dramatically. But then this is Trump, he's declared bankruptcy too many times for me to seriously consider him capable of handling the financial well being of the nation.
    From what I've seen of this campaign, his first choice for VP was offered control over foreign and domestic policy, whether or not Pence has been offered a similar rather lucrative deal. It suggests Trump doesn't want to lead America, he just wants to put his name on it. Which in itself I find abhorrent, even for someone who finds people jumping at the bit to grab power abhorrent anyway. After all Why vote for a candidate who doesn't even want to put the effort into making policy?
    Am I saying Hillary is a great candidate, nope, I prefer my political left to actually be left of center, not left of right. But when I compare that there is a general idea of what Hillary will do should she become president, to only vague promises of winning of Trumps, I can't deny logically speaking that I'd have to go for the known variable. Unknowns are never healthy for a nation's security, though side note for all Trump's talk about America's crime rate.. it's actually falling on average. So his apparent 'law and order' (that tune that plays after each scene in the tv show keeps playing in my head when he says that) platform is also not based on the actual trends. Yes America has still got crime issues, your mass and cop shootings are kinda becoming a bit of a joke to the rest of the world, but do not give into the despair that bringing them up it meant to engender in you. Look at the horrible state of the rule of law, and notice it's actually better off today that it was a decade ago, which I find is far greater to bring up than try and scaremonger over those issues that frankly the republican party has tried at every turn of achieving some measure of addressing scuppers cause of either the 2nd Amendment or outright ignoring the problem. Republican party itself might want to take a long hard look at itself, their inability to actually tackle America's issues which there are enough to disenfranchise many of their long time voters has enabled someone like Trump to come along and basically bully his way in and become their candidate even though it wasn't that long ago that he scoffed at them even mocking the intellect of the voters who support the party. As much as I don't agree with many republican stances, I don't find it right to mock them nor suggest they've a weaker intellect nor think that I could lie to them and they would eat it up.
    I'm not going to say who people should vote for, this is my opinion on the matter. And it is that the Republican party might want to do something about Trump themselves, and retake their own party rather than have it led by a guy who I find is just want to grab attention and plop his name on America even more than he already has by selling his name all over the place. Now to ponder who I've probably offended by pointing out vague promises and mocking the electorate are not traits I find to be presidential.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-07-24 at 01:38 PM.

That kind of statement without context isn't really saying much. You could also say that Hillary only needs to win Florida to win given the blue wall. So Hillary only needs 1 state to win![/QUOTE]

what more context do you need to get 271 electoral votes you only need 11 states. You cant get them by winning just Florida. So what more context needs to be said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Bad ideas isn't a better alternative than no ideas.
    but bad ideas can be improved. No ideas we just run around like a chicken with head cut off. But hey lets not have a single idea from anyone, this whole election shows just how dumbed down America has become. (not calling you dumb)
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    A few Sanders supports may decide to vote for Trump out of spite for the DNC shenanigans and Secretary Clinton's history of BS. But not enough to to make a difference.
    Trump is likely going to lose large majorities of African Americans, Latinos, Muslims, women, and those with a college degree or more. There are a lot of lesser educated, marginalized white men in this country, but not enough to counter the demographics.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-07-25 at 12:40 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect