Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so happy! these tears are tasty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    By that logic being able to toggle combat text was a "widespread problem" too. Because you can't toggle that anymore.
    Well yeah, I never said their logic was sound or good though. :P Just look at the shit they're pulling with the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I've never known my raid leader wanting to reserve loot just because he organized and ran a raid,I honestly can't see what gives a pug raid leader the audacity and special snowflake status to reserve loot for themselves or their friends just because...reasons,last i checked it takes the whole raid to kill shit.

Ultimately all the loot reservers,ninja looters and abusers brought this change on all by themselves,they only have themselves to blame if suddenly they can't have nice things.

This change will not affect me at all since i wouldn't touch a pug raid with a 10ft barge pole regardless,but if it helps put a stop to all the asshattery going on in pugs these days I personally see it as a positive change and maybe who knows,it may even get more people into the pug scene since they will not be afraid of getting ripped off anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why do you have a problem with it then?
    Again I presume that's a foreign concept for someone with actually zero interests outside his limited horizon but you can have an opinion on a subject that doesn't directly impact you but I suppose you'd have to get out every once in a while instead of just sitting alone in your cellar to grasp that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    People are currently either too lazy to host their own run or they don't care enough to boycott the shitty system to begin with. It sucks that Blizzard had to nanny this in and that the masses didn't just up and reject these runs but such is life.
    Well at least some are honest about the situation.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-24 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Great change! I only joined PL-Loot PuGs anyway, but it was always annoying to filter out all the Ninja-ML-Grps.
    I have doen quite à lot of pugging in MoP and Dreanor, and in all those Groupon i ever saw à ninja once. I think THE problem is grosly excagarrated
    Last edited by mmoc98542de653; 2016-07-24 at 11:34 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    Good Luck in legion, I will probably NOT be joining you for this expansion, I see too many changes that wasn't needed that removed my choice of how I wanted to play the game. It's sad because I used to love this game, and its a shame to see it turning into another PG6 game where blizzard is trying to hold your hand all the way through the game.
    If a loot change like this triggered you that much to not play good riddance. I can't see any negatives in this type of loot for pugs and ML still exists in guil groups. Most of what you're taling about leans on guild groups that progress together.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    I have doen quite à lot of pugging in MoP and Dreanor, and in all those Groupon i ever saw à ninja once. I think THE problem is grosly excagarrated
    MoP wasn't that bad, but in WoD it became a huge problem imo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is, people will join the groups that have reserved items, because those people joining do not need those items, nobody is stopping you from NOT joining that group? Call me greedy, buy I spend 2 hours making that group and I get to reserve that 1 item i want. You rather join a group within minutes and get your loot with personal loot, so do that.
    I haven't played Warcraft in almost a year. And I have pugged maybe 3 or 4 times since WOTLK ended.

I don't play the game anymore for a myriad of reasons but pugs have always been ridiculous. There has been a clear expression of frustrations with ninjas and this is Blizzard's response.

No, they didn't get banned. They got master loot removed from (presumably) the group finder. Don't be mad at me; I don't even pug. But if I did, I'd be as pissed off as all of those people for being done dirty. I don't think there is anything wrong with reserving something upfront and letting everyone know you are going to take said item if it drops - that is reserving an item. To bring a bunch of other people in and suddenly say something is reserved when what you want drops is ninjaing.

Ninjas did this to you, not players just trying to get some upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit, the amount of people saying that the raid leaders who reserve an item are more entitled then them makes me laugh so much.

I don't pug so I don't care, but some of the arguments that are pro-change are so mind boggling and reek of entitlement, no wonder they have no guild and require pugs to raid - no social skills. MEMEMEMEME all raid leaders must serve the randoms

Oh and my other favorite argument. "Making a pug raid is easy, they just want to reserve the items" then turn around and say <Insert random reason why they cant make one>
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-07-24 at 01:15 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Bye masterloot, welcome garrison turtle group fishing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    I consider it Ninja'ing if people "lock" Items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good Luck in legion, I will probably NOT be joining you for this expansion, I see too many changes that wasn't needed that removed my choice of how I wanted to play the game. It's sad because I used to love this game, and its a shame to see it turning into another PG6 game where blizzard is trying to hold your hand all the way through the game.
    The game needs less players who sit around whining about it, so don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I have to admit, the amount of people saying that the raid leaders who reserve an item are more entitled then them makes me laugh so much.

I don't pug so I don't care, but some of the arguments that are pro-change are so mind boggling and reek of entitlement, no wonder they have no guild and require pugs to raid - no social skills. MEMEMEMEME all raid leaders must serve the randoms

Oh and my other favorite argument. "Making a pug raid is easy, they just want to reserve the items" then turn around and say <Insert random reason why they cant make one>
    I'd rather have a raid leader who's there because they want to raid than a raid leader who's only there because they want to use 19 other people to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    If it lasted for over a decade it's hard to say it was broken. Personally I couldn't give a shit about this change, but I see the pros and cons to it from both sides.
    Blizzard themselves said it was broken and being abused more and more as time went on, so it is quite easy to say. I was informed of this change several months ago, and the reason it was going to occur. There are always asshats looking to abuse any system they can to their benefit, thus why we can't have nice things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    I consider it Ninja'ing if people "lock" Items.
    you may consider it, but if they state beforehand its reserved its not ninja cause ninjalooting is taking it unexpected while people thought they had chance for the item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Last summer when I was running Sunday afternoon PUGs I found filling a HFC raid, with solid people, occurred MUCH more quickly with PL than with ML. Anecdotal certainly.
    could just be from people trying their class changes out in hfc now or testing new specs or trinket combinations. it may be like that for now, but it could change later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its amazing how anyone but top guilds can complain about this...The only thing it hurts is guilds abilities to make millions of gold by selling carries
    guild will still be able to sell caries , for M max of 4 buyers, but rarly people boost more then 1-2 for it so. and for hc/nm they will just have to do some more runs if the buyers want ML

And how is this helping you out with ninjas? If you think ninjas is a big problem, don't join a masterloot group. Join a personal loot group.
    ML only creates negative opportunities, not positive ones.

PL still allows you to trade after you win an item you may not need.

Problem solved. You don't get to deal with the bias of a ML in a Pug situation, with no recourse, especially if your timing means no other PL groups are happening.

Personal Loot is a lot easier for streamers running Drunkraids, they can drink even more and don't have to handle loot......easywin

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Bye masterloot, welcome garrison turtle group fishing
    haha indeed looted over 70 in 90 minutes, got my riding turtle couldn't believe it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised at the outcry against this change. I've enjoyed it so far especially when it came to farming the murloc in the garrison. For me the fact that they've added trading for pieces that aren't direct upgrades sold me on it without a doubt.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    And why do we need to do pugs if it will not allow us to distribute loot our way? )
    Easier to expand roster and guild friends list than run pugs in that case.
    Is group/personal loot really THAT big of a deal though that you'd refuse to do pugs at all? You still get a shot at loot without committing yourself to a single guild.