Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had an issue with any awful groups, and I've run a bunch of Timewalking while leveling a couple alts since the patch. I'm sure it's largely due to people getting used to their new classes though; not the timewalking scaling itself.

The closest I had was a tank who refused to do huge multi-pack pulls (one of the DPS was demanding it) because both the tank and healer said they were "still getting used to the class changes." That's a rationale I can stand behind, but the DPS who was insisting threw a huge tantrum over it. They held their ground and the run was fast and smooth with no deaths, so crisis averted I guess.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Had quite a few problems in TW's this reset, mostly, tanks who still thinks they can pull the entire instance... Worst of all is Arcatraz, left 2 of them, simply because no one knew what to do.

Tanks just have to learn to use their new abilities and hold all the mobs. Healings a little harder and on my warr tank if I don't use Ignore Pain I'll take a good bit of damage. But when I do it's easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    To be honest, people in this game now are used to shit being too easy.... Every time I would go to a dungeon, be it timewalking or not, people just pull shit randomly, pull multiple groups and it's all ok.
    That's not how it's supposed to be... maybe now they'll start learning how to actually play the game. Either that or they leave (which is fine by me) or a third and most likely option, blizzard, as usual, sees these people complaining and crying and changes everything.
    I agree

People keep saying that now that WoW has aged a lot, the general playerbase is much better. I think they are much worse, they get carried by welfare gear and the group finder which puts them with really good players that carry them. The amount of bads I see these days is 10x fold then I ever saw years ago.

At low level, it's all about heirlooms carrying people - so they just rush in and the healer has to do everything. At high levels, they just get someone better to carry them or they zerg through the content with welfare gear they never even learn their abilities - which is why so many are happy about prunes because it removed abilities they never dragged to their bars (cds, utility, assists etc)

In Timewalking/Mythic dungeons, seeing stuns or utility being used is like a miracle and nobody ever runs back, so god damn lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Second boss of Black Morass is the group killer.
    That's because nobody ever removes the buff from the boss or uses cd at right time. Basically boss has enrage/attk speed buff the entire time.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-07-24 at 09:00 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    This casts into doubt much of what you say.
    My guild is casual but still doesn't accept throwaway alts of strangers (like my priest) and blatant moochers. What's hard to comprehend?

On a side note, you asked for personal experience reports in random queue, received one, didn't like it, and now you try to discard it? There's no doubt at all about you personally: one of the myriad of haters/whiners.
    Last edited by Cynep; 2016-07-24 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Doing TW right now is a terrible experience. I find very fun my new MW monk, but when in Mana-Tombs you wipe 3 times at first boss, you start to hate wow. Right after the boss was casting his Dark Shell, a dumb rogue was insta-dying and he ws blaming me for not healing him. I tried to tell them what to do and what NOT to do, but I didn't have any luck. After the third wipe 3 of the people left the group (including the rogue) and I was lucky and got a better group and everything went smooth. Arcatraz is worse because every f*cking time I get an idiot tank who doesn't want to kill everything in the first room and we wipe 3-4 times BEFORE we reach the first boss.

The worst is when you get a tank who thinks he is superman and pulls 10+ mobs, dies in less than a second and blames the healer 'cus he didn't heal him. For this cases I have a macro with something like: "/i sorry it takes me 1.3 seconds to cast a heal and it takes you only 0.3 seconds to die". The tanks are usually the first to rage-quit.

I personally found them easier after the prepatch than they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    anyone else been in a timewalking group (and god forbid, even mythics! ) and being utterly destroyed ever since the patch?
    no
    /10char
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    The game is no longer balanced around level 100 sadly, its around the artifacts and until we have them we may yet continue having issues with time walking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pre-Expansion patch brings turmoil and changes that impact the content, more at 11!

... Seriously, SO many people have no clue how to play their reworked classes. SO many people don't seem to understand that the game is now tuned around level 110, not 100, making relative power unpredictable at that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Why is people having hard time equipping legendary cloak mop *if you have one* and legendary weapon *if you got it*, things are easy as pie.. Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Artifacts and level 110 will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Yup, as others have pointed out, you are now basically the equivalent of some one in the middle of leveling.
    You are just much more geared (hopefully.)

Timewalkers aren't that much more difficult, but the imbalance is a result of no Artifact.
    It makes a REALLY big difference.

I really don't understand this argument. The whole point of Timewalking is that you're scaled down to level 70. it is tuned for level 71+ (BC Timewalking) players in a random matchmaking group. How will Artifacts fix Timewalking Dungeons for a group of level 71's doing the dungeon?
    Last edited by styil; 2016-07-25 at 02:32 AM.

No, ran a couple dozen timewalking dungeons on various chars (mostly tank or dps) and apart from an occasional death (mana tombs reflect on first boss lulz) i had no issue whatsoever. It's exactly the same.

I've done maybe 3-5 since the patch hit, only wiped once and that's because the tank forgot the whole room pulled on the boss. We recovered, went fine. All others I did had no wipes. Don't think there's anything more or less hard about them other than people just not knowing their classes fully yet.

As a Prot Warrior, I actually found Timewalking to be even easier after the patch. It's pretty easy to get 100% uptime on Ignore Pain during anything besides Black Morass, and the pulls that can be made don't threaten IP at all because there's always enough rage to replenish it.

Probably soloable at the moment. Maybe bosses would be a bit challenging, but with IP chaining & keeping a few adds alive for Victory Rush, I reckon it's entirely possible.

Being an avid fan of playing all the tanks in WoW, I can honestly say that the changes have made tanking the Time walking dungeons more challenging and difficult on ALL of the tanks but I also realize, these changes were all scaled and balanced around 110 with an artifact. So currently the changes that are in place, do not match the content they were designed for.

Whoever designed the Monk Brewmaster changes needs to be hung, from a tree, by fishing line, by their balls.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-25 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only issue we had so far (girlfriend healing and me Dps) was Alcatraz. There's quite a lot of places there that if you overpull you wipe, and have to do the entire gauntlet again to get back to the point you were.
    It's not bad per se, but people are used to facerolling them and actually insult you (and even want to kick/report you) if you politely tell them in the chat they kind of have to slow down and be more cautious about their pulls.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Yep, the Arcatraz destroyed my group, there was a lot of churn, at the end of it I think only me and the tank remained from the original as the other members dropped and were replaced multiple times. Lots and lots of wipes, it was almost like Heroic Arcatraz at launch... almost. At least it reminded me of the good bad old days. A couple wipes in Shattered Halls too but nothing nearly as bad.

Being fair though Arcatraz is full of tricks and traps designed to wipe and/or irritate groups.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Nope. Wiped like 3 times in 5 runs, mostly because we weren't paying attention. This includes alc.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I really don't understand this argument. The whole point of Timewalking is that you're scaled down to level 70. it is tuned for level 71+ (BC Timewalking) players in a random matchmaking group. How will Artifacts fix Timewalking Dungeons for a group of level 71's doing the dungeon?
    They're trying to cover for the fact (yes, it's a fact) that they can't overgear Timewalking so they have to blame something else.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    They're trying to cover for the fact (yes, it's a fact) that they can't overgear Timewalking so they have to blame something else.
    Well you can get a full set of gemmed gear & pretty much double your mainstat in TBC Timewalking.

Deleted
    What? I didn't notice any difference between 6.2 and 7.0 Timewalking runs. It was as easy as always.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    My guild is casual but still doesn't accept throwaway alts of strangers (like my priest) and blatant moochers. What's hard to comprehend?

On a side note, you asked for personal experience reports in random queue, received one, didn't like it, and now you try to discard it? There's no doubt at all about you personally: one of the myriad of haters/whiners.
    You edited the post and left the typo? Cool. Meanwhile, characterizing me as "one of the myriad haters/whiners" is completely unsubstantiated. I do comment on the game and its players and community from time to time though. If I didn't actually enjoy the game I wouldn't play it, and I do play it, unlike a number of the posters here who no longer play, but feel their opinions are still super relevant.