Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I'm republican because God is right
    If god was right he woulda made your animes real

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What's restricting gun rights to you? Demanding universal background checks?
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...orlando-224557

Does that sound like a background check to you?

Let's not forget this occurrence either where Democrats wanted to stop anyone on the no fly list from buying a gun which essentially allows the government to strip the rights of any citizen without due process.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/not...e-no-fly-list/

“In fact, none of the states with the most gun violence require permits to purchase rifles, shotguns, or handguns. Gun owners are also not required to register their weapons in any of these states. Meanwhile, many of the states with the least gun violence require a permit or other form of identification to buy a gun,” reporter Thomas C. Frohlich wrote.
    There's also the issue of mass shootings which primarily happen in states with poor gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...orlando-224557

Does that sound like a background check to you?

Let's not forget this occurrence either where Democrats wanted to stop anyone on the no fly list from buying a gun which essentially allows the government to strip the rights of any citizen without due process.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/not...e-no-fly-list/
    You know it was already banned/restricted before. Also are there other guns? I mean did all the guns dissapear because people wanted to re-restrict assault rifles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Not every response needs to be fawned over. If you say something that is simply not true and sounds stupid, people might fire a shot across the bow.
    This issue "saying something not true and sounding stupid" is far too common on the modern right, which has only become more and more conservative. Essentially when it comes to social issues, and matters of science, it's ALLLLL stupid and false.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There's also the issue of mass shootings which primarily happen in states with poor gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

You know it was already banned/restricted before. Also are there other guns? I mean did all the guns dissapear because people wanted to re-restrict assault rifles?

- - - Updated - - -

This issue "saying something not true and sounding stupid" is far too common on the modern right, which has only become more and more conservative. Essentially when it comes to social issues, and matters of science, it's ALLLLL stupid and false.
    But again, that’s a correlation, not a causation. And the homicide rate statistics don’t show the same pattern. Eight of the 10 states with the highest homicide rates and eight of the 10 states with the lowest homicide rates all got “D” or “F” grades from the Brady Campaign analysis.
    Back to the analogy with cars and trucks. If people start performing mass killings using trucks why don't we just ban all trucks since there are other types vehicles in the world.

Because if you are neither you can't vote in a primary.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Back to the analogy with cars and trucks. If people start performing mass killings using trucks why don't we just ban all trucks since there are other types vehicles in the world.
    Trucks are meant to transport goods. AR are a semi auto version of an m16...which is good for.... what? It's not made for hunting, and home defense and such there are shotguns for that.

The country didn't burn and end when they were banned before. No one tried to take away all guns from everyone when they were banned before.

Also your link is stupid, anything spouting about liberals is fucking stupid because the democratic party by earth standards is just another right party, just not extreme right.

"Well we don't believe in discriminating against gays and not giving them equal rights."
    "You're a filthy liberal! Just wanting to take away my religious rights!"

Deleted
    I would vote Republican because noone is taking my Assault Weapons like my AR-15s and its my constitutional right.
    Last edited by mmoc9445a9ffa9; 2016-07-24 at 03:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Buck lives in a world where if someone disagrees with him, they hate America. Everything I am reading from him is part of the problem. How can someone with that mindset handle half the country disagreeing with them? Its a downright terrifying mindset to have. I cant imagine claiming that since someone automatically disagrees with me that they hate me and America. That would mean a lot of people are automatically traitors.
    Not true. Old school democrats, you know, the members of the party before the infection of progressives took over, were alright.

Current trend of Progressives I do not trust one bit, nor do I think value America. The ones that want to be thought police and encourage people to be thin skinned.

Everything is racist, everything is homophobic, everything is so emotionally charged with buzzwords to try and scare people from thinking a certain way.

Certain parts of EU are feeling this, where they are more terrified of PCness than their own safety. It's a mental illness! Wanting to protect yourself from vastly different cultures is not evil or wrong. Some cultures simply cannot get along with others.

I predict our enemies...people like ISIS -love- progressives, because they know how weak and spineless they truly are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Not true. Old school democrats, you know, the members of the party before the infection of progressives took over, were alright.

Current trend of Progressives I do not trust one bit, nor do I think value America. The ones that want to be thought police and encourage people to be thin skinned.

Everything is racist, everything is homophobic, everything is so emotionally charged with buzzwords to try and scare people from thinking a certain way.

Certain parts of EU are feeling this, where they are more terrified of PCness than their own safety. It's a mental illness! Wanting to protect yourself from vastly different cultures is not evil or wrong. Some cultures simply cannot get along with others.

I predict our enemies...people like ISIS -love- progressives, because they know how weak and spineless they truly are.
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they dont value america. That is the problem in this country. You should be allowed to disagree without accusing the one that you disagree with, of not valuing their country.

Its just too easy not to do though right? Why use critical thinking when you can just accuse the other of not loving america and hating it... wanting americans to die.

In my state there's no notion of registering for a party. In primary elections they ask you on election day which party's ballot you want to vote on.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    EXACTLY! This guy Goddamn gets it!

The right to drive trucks wasn't in the constitution because......(BIG HINT: all they had at the time were horse drawn wagons....)

And the right to bear arms was in there because.....?
    The right to use Horse dawn wagons is not in the Constitution also.

The right to bear arms is in reference to the right for self defense. Using whatever arms are legal and effective to use.

On topic. I do not consider myself to be Republican or Democrat. At this time, it just so happens I agree more with the GOP. But if the Democrats ever get a good candidate or change their agenda, I may vote for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they dont value america. That is the problem in this country. You should be allowed to disagree without accusing the one that you disagree with, of not valuing their country.

Its just too easy not to do though right? Why use critical thinking when you can just accuse the other of not loving america and hating it... wanting americans to die.
    I don't want them to die, where did you get that silly notion? I just think progressive thinking is a problem and does not have America's best interests in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

The right to bear arms is in reference to the right for self defense. Using whatever arms are legal and effective to use.

On topic. I do not consider myself to be Republican or Democrat. At this time, it just so happens I agree more with the GOP. But if the Democrats ever get a good candidate or change their agenda, I may vote for them.
    Cool as ice.

I like this guy.

I was registered as a Democrat in the previous state I lived (Maryland) in because it was necessary to vote in a primary. In the area I lived, it was a foregone conclusion that the Democrat candidate would win, so if you wanted your vote to have any relevance, the only option was voting in the D primary.

I'm now registered Independent because my state doesn't have this requirement and I have no love for either party.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want them to die, where did you get that silly notion? I just think progressive thinking is a problem and does not have America's best interests in mind.
    Never said you want americans to die.

Please, read again.

- - - Updated - - -

It is self defense as of a much more recent Supreme Court decision. Prior to that, self defense was not what many considered the second to be,

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    DEMOCRAT

Pretty simple, I think we are a better people when we look out for each other.
    Do you think Republicans don't believe that people should look out for each other? As near as I can tell from listening to and talking to Republicans (particularly mainline middle American types), their general belief is that communities and families should be tight-nit and support each other.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It is self defense as of a much more recent Supreme Court decision. Prior to that, self defense was not what many considered the second to be,
    And if the dog had not stopped to shit, he would have caught the rabbit. Ever heard of that old saying? It is not if, but what it is presently that counts.

Neither,
    the 2 party system does not express how I think or believe things should be.
    Too many Winger Yobbo's ruin the middle ground/moderate for me to sign on with either party.

To put it in the most civil way possible, I believe Democrats are naive and believe in fairy tale thinking, almost like a Disney movie. This head in the clouds thinking is amusing at best, and destructive at worse.

Even though it would be nice if everybody in the world would get along, that is simply not how the world works. The human race is not perfect, and there are certain things hard-wired that won't go away. Cultures will always clash.

There will always be rich people and poor people, because there are always hard working and lazy, and sometimes lucky and unlucky.

War is necessary. Violence has also solved more problems in the history of man than "love" and diplomacy.

I love the USA. I feel Democrats either don't appreciate the USA at best, and hate it at worse. If somebody is in the USA and burning and American flag, I assume it's a liberal.

I value tradition. Change for the sake of it I do not agree with.

I value the family unit. Wife, Husband, Kids. Strong family = strong community = strong nation.

I think their ideas on equality are backwards. Racism I already think will never go away, but it especially won't go away if you give certain parties special treatment, and tell them all their problems are due to another race.

I value capitalism. Let people innovate and create and compete.

I could go on, just a few parts.
    I've found that people who say this usually haven't created anything worth a shit, and tend to bring down those around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if the dog had not stopped to shit, he would have caught the rabbit. Ever heard of that old saying? It is not if, but what it is presently that counts.
    Never heard of that saying....

I am just correcting your statement. You made it sound like it had always been that, however it was not until much later where that wording was used to describe the second amendment