Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    You can't use a bandage while you're being attacked by something, it interrupts and wastes it.
    Stun/CC, move outa bad, stop attacking etc and it wont break

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't know. Many players here say, that all self-heals have been nerfed. No, I don't do old raids, so I don't care about them, but I want content to still be enjoyable for me. WOD content is still built around the same concept, game has been built since Cata - higher density of mobs, higher spawn rates, that require higher survivability. Nerfing all self-heals = going to Vanilla era, where you were playing "Who'll die first?" and "Wait for bandage CD to end" games with every second mob. I know, that Artefact will fix it. The problem is in fact, that Artefact - is Legion feature and...I'm not going to buy Legion within at least a year since now.
    Having done Tanaan a bit now on Feral, Windwalker, and Fury, I can say that at least for these specs the game definitely hasn't returned to Vanilla style recovery between pulls. I do take more damage than before, especially when pulling two elites at a time, but I never feel like I'm in danger of dying, and I have yet to need to use a healing potion or bandage (as if I would even bother to carry bandages, ha).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Not every spec has decent CCs available, nor does that stop DoTs from breaking bandages. Nor does it help the fact that bandages heal for practically nothing, which means you basically wasted your CC cooldown using one.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion the game gets dumbed down some more.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Every expansion the game gets dumbed down some more.
    So, going from Wrath to Cataclysm, the game became "dumbed down"? I guess that's why raid participation was so high in the first two tiers of Cataclysm, when any random scrub could do the dumbed-down content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    No they aren't and no it hasn't.
    Blizzard has outright said that the intended way for Tanks to lvl up is with massive grouping and steady AoE, and that they've designed it that way since MoP, rather then increasing Tank's damage to be close to DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's been nerfed to 4%. It won't help much in current content. Sure won't help keep a solo tank alive anymore.
    It previously was only 7%. Even at 4%, the effect of leech is huge. Hell, even .5% adds up over a fight, turning what was an unsoloable fight into a barely-soloable fight. ANY amount of Leech is significantly greater then 0% leech, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Fury still has really good self-healing. Feral's Healing Touches got buffed, but they lost Rejuvenation in Cat Form; not sure how that balances out. Windwalker's self-healing is much better now than before. So it's not all completely gutted, just...a lot of it.
    For feral, as there are no longer any defensive benefits to Cat form, its a slight loss in damage, and QoL loss. However, gaining Swiftmend is a fairly large buff to self-healing, and there is even an artifact trait that increases dodge chance and armor by 100% when shifting out of cat form, further increasing survivability.

For soloing, the following classes got nerfed in terms of self-healing

Hunters (No longer have Spirit Bond)
    Shamans (Loss of Flame Shock healing. Loss of HST.)
    DKs (No longer have Lichbourne and Deathsiphon)
    Warrior (No longer have second wind Leech)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    All classes should have a decent amount of self-healing, tbh. I can't solo some raids due to lack of self-healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For feral, as there are no longer any defensive benefits to Cat form, its a slight loss in damage, and QoL loss. However, gaining Swiftmend is a fairly large buff to self-healing, and there is even an artifact trait that increases dodge chance and armor by 100% when shifting out of cat form, further increasing survivability.
    That trait only works if you stay out of Cat Form, though, so it's rather limited in usability (probably great with Guardian Affinity though since you get a big armor boost from Bear Form that stacks with the armor boost from Ashamane's Protection).

Deleted
    GL trying to CC a raidboss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    GL trying to CC a raidboss.
    Move outa bad/stop attacking

10+ Year Old Account
    Move outa bad/stop attacking
    That doesn't prevent pulse damage...

That doesn't prevent pulse damage...
    Not every boss has pulse damage, not all pulse damage happens during the entire fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every boss has pulse damage, not all pulse damage happens during the entire fight
    So in fights or phases with pulse damage you just shouldn't be able to heal yourself at all?

You keep acting like bandages are so great but they require so many conditions to line up to make them even work.

So in fights or phases with pulse damage you just shouldn't be able to heal yourself at all?

You keep acting like bandages are so great but they require so many conditions to line up to make them even work.
    Potion/lock stone, its called knowing when to use what.

And i never said they were great

10+ Year Old Account
    Potion/lock stone, its called knowing when to use what.

And i never said they were great
    Yes, potions are great, but they have a one-per-fight restriction, which limits their usefulness a lot too. And that still doesn't make bandages any less useless.

Sure feels like every boss had pulse damage and splash damage the whole entire fight.

ITT bads complaining about non-issues.
    The only class w/o self heals are mages, everyone else has to sac some dps to do it, which is a good thing.

I'll wait till you get to 110 and a frost dk goes from 4 to 100% health in a global.

Re: hunters, the loss of spirit bond is kinda shitty, but 2/3 specs have camo which heal 2%/sec and the one that doesn't has a pet that heals. The game is fine, learn to play. Spirit bond in 6.xx was too strong anyway.

Yes, potions are great, but they have a one-per-fight restriction, which limits their usefulness a lot too. And that still doesn't make bandages any less useless.
    If you need to heal your self up that much during a raid encounter, then either you need to learn to use personals/avoid bad or your healers suck. Potions/bandages are meant to be used in emergency situations not used every time your HP drops by 5%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Sure feels like every boss had pulse damage and splash damage the whole entire fight.
    That is because HFC has been on farm forever, we out gear it, and people don't bother doing most of the mechanics any more.

Deleted
    Yeah I have Ice Barrier and that's it for self healing. I also don't have remove curse anymore, so what exactly am I supposed to do against Affliction Warlocks right now who seem unkillable?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need to heal your self up that much during a raid encounter, then either you need to learn to use personals/avoid bad or your healers suck. Potions/bandages are meant to be used in emergency situations not used every time your HP drops by 5%
    You specifically said earlier in the thread "bandages are for healing during combat", not "for emergency situations". And even then, emergency situations are the worst time to use bandages because of how terrible they are. You're better off running away because using a bandage will just get you killed.

As someone who's primarily played healer hybrid DPS specs, having reliable self-heals is a huge stress reliever even in group situations with healers. Bandages and potions are not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's less than what the glyphed version gave in WoD, also 5 mins cooldown per charge, bandages would be more efficient.
    I never said it was good self healing just that it exists.