Poll: Whom should the alliance unite under?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magni has already stated from the spoilers his calling is to a higher place than leading a faction. Would seem a waste to even consider him for it with the gifts and abilities he now has.

Anduin yes is more diplomatic and seeks to always advocate words instead of force but his time is coming when he can no longer use his words to achieve his goals but his actions. And Wrathion has warned him about the true cost to fighting wars.

Jaina would be completely horrendous for leading as she is ruled by vengeance and hatred and would be corrupted or twisted far to easily to also attempting to destroy the horde(which at this exact time in the lore of the next expansion would be suicide as you need everyone you can possibly get to help you).

Genn I will admit I am kinda in the dark about I haven't dug to far into him.

Gelbin also I am oblivious to his roles/position.

Tyrande or Malfurion could lead with the experience and knowledge they have had with the legion and what to expect yet, I was under the impression Malfurion gets kidnapped and Tyrande has first priority on protecting elune's works and upholding her oath.

Velen losses his son and begins his repairs and plan to return to argus for something unknown, also O'ros is completely obliterated.

Moira would be somewhat intriguing to see lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone following this thread or still curious, the matter was settled with Anduin's comic.

Last edited by MrSaggins; 2016-07-22 at 08:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Isn't it obvious ? Velen and old anduin decided to all out - they bet all their belongings on a single, final game of BINGO. As any old people would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Isn't it obvious ? Velen and old anduin decided to all out - they bet all their belongings on a single, final game of BINGO. As any old people would do.
    You warned us about it but no one would listen! The old men will end up running the world, the old men are the future...

7+ Year Old Account
    FOR THE HORDE!!

For real though I cant stand the alliance but if Magni was king... Id follow

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been rather resistant to the whole High King idea, but I came to accept and like Varian in that role because he went out of his way to earn the trust and support of most of the other races. Now that he's gone, I think Anduin is too young and that leadership should shift to someone more experienced like Tyrande, Genn, Muradin, or even Mekkatorque (although no one would ever accept a Gnome leading anything besides their own people really.)

Blizz has tried to downplay the role of the High King in the past when people said it didn't seem very in-line with a lot of the Alliance's races to follow a leader thousands of years younger than them by saying that the High King is more of a military leader who directs the Alliance's overall military direction and that the other races can choose whether or not to give him their troops/support on a case-by-case basis, but if that is the case they need to change the title from High King to Supreme Military Commander or something.

The leader of the Alliance should have always been Velen. He's literally the Doctor Manhattan of the Alliance's Watchmen. He outlives them all by thousands of years, possibly more. He's without a doubt the most powerful faction leader when it comes to magical ability. He's closely allied with the most powerful beings in the universe opposite the Void Lords (presumably). His only problem holding back his full potential is whoever is writing him.

Velen taking orders from some kid who is 1/15000th his age is pretty absurd. Velen was already a capable and exceptionally powerful priest and ruler of an entire planet before Stormwind was even an idea - before Humans even existed. Before Vrykul even existed.

Why are the Alliance choosing not to follow the wisdom of the wisest being on the planet?

Genn I will admit I am kinda in the dark about I haven't dug to far into him.
    He used to be a twat pre worgening, but his idiocy costing him his son's life and causing his people to be cursed gave him a good bit of humility. He would be a good leader if they didn't have him tied up in "ZOMG GOTTA KILL SYLVANAS!!!!!" bullshit.

Why are the Alliance choosing not to follow the wisdom of the wisest being on the planet?
    Because 2/3 of the Legion's highest officers were his two best buddies which puts him in a bad position of making good choices. See the spoilers for what he does in Legion.

Deleted
    Maybe Anduin Wrynn has what it takes after all?

No High Queen Shandris Feathermoon? She's the one with the most military experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The leader of the Alliance should have always been Velen. He's literally the Doctor Manhattan of the Alliance's Watchmen. He outlives them all by thousands of years, possibly more. He's without a doubt the most powerful faction leader when it comes to magical ability. He's closely allied with the most powerful beings in the universe opposite the Void Lords (presumably). His only problem holding back his full potential is whoever is writing him.

Velen taking orders from some kid who is 1/15000th his age is pretty absurd. Velen was already a capable and exceptionally powerful priest and ruler of an entire planet before Stormwind was even an idea - before Humans even existed. Before Vrykul even existed.

Velen is one of the kind who will listen the young boy if he believe he must. Guy followed Naruu thousands of years without questions and hesistation. Just because Naruu ask.

OP - It must be Genn, Muradin or Halford Wyrmbane.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-07-23 at 03:50 PM.

Honestly? A.B.G*

*Anyone But Greymane

Genn Greymane. He's gonna make the Alliance great again.

Seriously though, Anduin. And while I initially opposed the idea of a "High King" I've come around to it as it's been presented. It's not a bad idea.

Maybe he doesn't want to lead the Alliance? Velen's concerns seem to be 1a) leading the Draenei 1b) defeating the Legion 2) committing to the Alliance.
    Not saying he's an unwilling manner, just that I don't think he has any desire to play any role in it other than being the leader of his people and their political representative to the rest of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    This right here. The Alliance is just that, an Alliance, not a single nation.

At most there should be a unified military commander, like Eisenhower was in WW2.
    Isn't that what the High King was meant to be? A unified title of Grand Commander of the Alliance forces and King of Stormwind. Grand King doesn't really have the same ring as High King.

OT - I'd rather it not exist, tbh. I'd rather the Alliance be split and have it's cultural/political leaders (Faction leaders) as one council and it's military leaders all under 1 Grand Commander. They tried to make the Alliance a Blue Horde and it failed, as it stripped most of the identity of the other races just as the Red Horde had stripped the identity of the other races, with the exception of the Forsaken, by making it all about Orcs.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2016-07-23 at 05:35 PM.

Did you really believe that elves, dwarf...etc,
    will follow order of random aliens who show up few years ago instead of leader who they follow for years just because he said he know what good for them more then they do?

(You can't win war with just logic, human feeling can screw up everything)

Deleted
    Magni is no longer even a member of the Alliance, he has accepted a higher calling which is above "petty faction squabbles", so even putting him on the list seems ridiculous to be honest. And in the Anduin comic... He's already slated to take his father's position as "High King". And for Legion the Alliance does in fact have a unified military commander: Genn Greymane.

I already think certain factions should do a leader vote and just choose a new leader. Like orcs, where Varok, Eitrigg, Ariok or Thura should just step up already as Lord of the Clans. Malfurion and Tyrande should step down as co-leaders of the kaldorei so Malfurion can focus on the Cenarion Circle, Tyrande on the priesthood, and have Jarod Shadowsong take over as... Lord of Darnassus? Just, leader of the Kaldorei. Also, Sylvanas should just die already so we can have Dark Lord Nathanos Blightcaller, the Spectre King (since male banshees are called spectres... I think? He's the only one there is regardless... I think?).

And the "High King" position, I agree with what some have said that it should never have been a thing to begin with. A unified military commander, yes absolutely, but I think this power shouldn't always fall to a faction leader. I don't mind Shandris taking this position for some campaign while... Let's say... Falstad or maybe Mekkatorque has the role at another campaign. The Alliance should have a high council where all leaders (except maybe Aysa as she did hand over leadership of her and the Tushui who followed her to the king of Stormwind, meaning the Tushui are technically servants of the Crown of Stormwind) discuss on equal footings. Maybe even have a council of military leaders where people such as Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth, General Shandris, High Commander Halford Wyrmbane, High Marshal Twinbraid, The Triumvirate of the Hand, Kelsey Steelspark, Master Mathias Shaw, Sky Admiral Rogers and other Alliance military leaders gather to strategise... I'd totally go for something like that.
    Last edited by mmoc661de564ba; 2016-07-24 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Did you really believe that elves, dwarf...etc,
    will follow order of random aliens who show up few years ago instead of leader who they follow for years just because he said he know what good for them more then they do?

(You can't win war with just logic, human feeling can screw up everything)
    Yes actually. The Humans and Dwarves especially. They worship the Light, why not follow the prophet of Light?

Think of it inversely - why would an entire alien race of long-lived near immortals follow someone whom to them would be of infant age?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    Magni is no longer even a member of the Alliance, he has accepted a higher calling which is above "petty faction squabbles", so even putting him on the list seems ridiculous to be honest. And in the Anduin comic... He's already slated to take his father's position as "High King". And for Legion the Alliance does in fact have a unified military commander: Genn Greymane.
    Magni is like Thrall. I hope the two have a lot of conversation with eachother.

I already think certain factions should do a leader vote and just choose a new leader. Like orcs, where Varok, Eitrigg, Ariok or Thura should just step up already as Lord of the Clans.
    They already did. Varok stepped up as leader of the Orcs.
    Malfurion and Tyrande should step down as co-leaders of the kaldorei so Malfurion can focus on the Cenarion Circle, Tyrande on the priesthood, and have Jarod Shadowsong take over as... Lord of Darnassus? Just, leader of the Kaldorei.
    Shandris Feathermoon. I've always felt Druids were above the factions anyways, even the ones we play as. They clearly want nothing to do with the war and break faction boundaries day after day.

Also, Sylvanas should just die already so we can have Dark Lord Nathanos Blightcaller, the Spectre King (since male banshees are called spectres... I think? He's the only one there is regardless... I think?).
    I'm eager to see Sylvanas' story continue. I don't think she should be offed from the lore.

Yes actually. The Humans and Dwarves especially. They worship the Light, why not follow the prophet of Light?
    Same reason why Elevs didn't accept them.
    Just because they worship the Light doesn't mean they worship the Naaru.

Think of it inversely - why would an entire alien race of long-lived near immortals follow someone whom to them would be of infant age?
    Irrelevant.
    Outsider have no right to demand anything.
    Only way for them to lead the alliance is by acting same as legion.
    Which mean by using force.
    Just look at dwarf, they can't accept one of them easily let alone an outsider.

Also, that could be said about Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Same reason why Elevs didn't accept them.
    Just because they worship the Light doesn't mean they worship the Naaru.

Irrelevant.
    Outsider have no right to demand anything.
    Only way for them to lead the alliance is by acting same as legion.
    Which mean by using force.
    Just look at dwarf, they can't accept one of them easily let alone an outsider.

Also, that could be said about Night Elf.
    Who can't accept them? Humans? Why should Humans be the deciding factor of the Alliance? People are sick of this mentality the same way they were sick of Orcs making all the decisions.

The Naaru are the greatest weapons we have against whatever it is out there. Legion, Void Lords etc. they're immensely powerful. This isn't debated anymore with Chronicle revealing they're essentially opposing forces to the most powerful beings in the universe. The Alliance and Horde would be hella wise to aid them or receive their aid - yet only Draenei and indirectly Blood Elves use their power.

- Also, I don't think any of the races on the Alliance would be opposed to a Dwarf, Night Elf or Draenei leading the Alliance. They'd still have their racial leaders, why wouldn't they accept it?
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-07-24 at 05:16 PM.

Only Supreme Commander as a military position. High King is wrong in a pact between independent nations. The same goes to Horde, Warchief shoul be only military, I was actually surprised that Sylvanas was tolerating Garrosh's meddling.