Poll: Are you okay for it to exist?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Artifact Power ever be used for micro transactions?

Like pay 40 euro to catch up where everyone else is today (and this option comes up after one or two months)

I searched on google to see if this discussion ever came up but it hasn't :P.

Seeing as insta lvl 100 isn't a problem, why would purchasing Artifact Power be?

Because level 100 isn't up to par for anyone who's played more than a few weeks. They won't do microtransactions for Artifact Power - but they might do it in the future for other kinds of materials.

The boost is pay to win, but it's on a much lower level than actual max level progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    Like pay 40 euro to catch up where everyone else is today (and this option comes up after one or two months)

Seeing as insta lvl 100 isn't a problem, why would purchasing Artifact Power be?

Nope..

The level 100 boost is NOT there for blizzard to make money, it's there to prevent people from having to buy multiple expansions to get multiple boosts, this has been said.. If it was there for money grapping, they would lower the price.. They have only made it there, as an option / counterpart to buy multiple expansions and transfer etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Nope..

The level 100 boost is NOT there for blizzard to make money, it's there to prevent people from having to buy multiple expansions to get multiple boosts, this has been said.. If it was there for money grapping, they would lower the price.. They have only made it there, as an option / counterpart to buy multiple expansions and transfer etc etc.
    Rofl. It's cute that you believe that.

I have my doubt this would ever happen. But I could see skins being released for things like it in the future if the system continues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Rofl. It's cute that you believe that.
    i have NEVER EVER heard of ANYONE that have actually BOUGHT a stand-alone Boost from the shop.. NEVER....

i have NEVER EVER heard of ANYONE that have actually BOUGHT a stand-alone Boost from the shop.. NEVER....
    Ok. Either that means you play with cheapfucks or it means you play with poorfucks. Either way you're wrong.

Nope, buying Artifact Power is buying end game power which is ridiculous. No different to buying a higher ilevel weapon, only this time it simply doesn't change the model.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope..

If it was there to help people it would be free, not £40. Funny you think that, because people definitely do buy separate Character Boosts xD

Anyways, I highly doubt it. The 90/100 Boosts have not been to the point of intrusive or too powerful. Whilst it is still pay to win, you aren't getting free Raid or PVP Gear. I can see riots happening to pay for Artifact power for microtransactions. Affects a Characters power level, seriously Pay 2 Win and you would see people quitting due to adding something like that.

Cosmetics are less effective. The 100 Boost had 640 Gear when you could at least 700 ilvl (Can't remember if it was HFC or BRF when it came out) so it wasn't too intrusive beyond the usual idiots and those being carried in Reserved Master Loot Raids.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I highly doubt they would do this. As much as people love to say WoW is p2w and they use the worst logic to attempt to explain that like lolboost or lolwowtokens, its not a p2w game. So, I highly highly doubt they would do anything like this, not saying its not possible down the road, but I doubt it because if they did that would make WoW an actual p2w game and I doubt thats what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I highly doubt they would do this. As much as people love to say WoW is p2w and they use the worst logic to attempt to explain that like lolboost or lolwowtokens, its not a p2w game. So, I highly highly doubt they would do anything like this, not saying its not possible down the road, but I doubt it because if they did that would make WoW an actual p2w game and I doubt thats what they want.
    Yeah the closest to pay to win feature they have is buying the boosts but considering the boosts don't take you to max level until the end of the expansion even that really isn't one.

Because level 100 isn't up to par for anyone who's played more than a few weeks. They won't do microtransactions for Artifact Power - but they might do it in the future for other kinds of materials.

The boost is pay to win, but it's on a much lower level than actual max level progress.
    That's what they said before they introduced that starry horse
    Blizzard will eventually cave and offer artifacts boosts.

7+ Year Old Account
    that would turn the game into p2w....

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    Celestial Steed came out in 2010 and they still haven't released anything that is P2W why would they start now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred if the question was a yes or no answer to the topic, not if i'm okay with it.

Because I don't think it'll ever happen, so I have no opinion about being okay or not okay w/ it.

10+ Year Old Account

The boost isn't "pay to win", as being max level doesn't afford you any reward beyond "Now you're level 100." Unless you count hitting max level as "winning", in which case I think I've won WoW a shit ton of times.
    OT: No.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post

Blizzard had a perfect opportunity for microtransactions with Garrison system. Instant work order completion, new followers, garrison resources - most companies would totally cash in right there.

If Blizzard didn't choose to do that in WoD, the chance they would do it in Legion is very slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope..

Except buying multiple expansions for boosts is cheaper, especially if you can get the battle chest on a discount. And a transfer costs like $20, so that 86's the ideas you had.

only thing i want is a catch up method for alts. I saw somewhere that blizzard said this would be their most alt friendly expansion, but artifact power proves the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    It's too much of a jump. It's not within the range of what they can do without getting too much hate from people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The boost isn't "pay to win", as being max level doesn't afford you any reward beyond "Now you're level 100." Unless you count hitting max level as "winning", in which case I think I've won WoW a shit ton of times.
    OT: No.
    Yes, it's pay to win. It's nothing serious though for actual players, but it's pay to win in exactly the same way that Hearthstone, LoL, HotS, and any other game that allows you to skip many days of work through paying money is pay to win.