Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's stupid, I agree. The CM sets were meant to be "special". However these will always be seen as the "noob" version of the CM set, just like there's the "noob" amani war bear and the original one.

just lazy 8^)

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    A noobs dream come true you say?

I got 3 of the challenge mode sets by simply paying for them in gold. And so did many of you
    Wont lie. I did them with a group on my shaman, was way too lazy to do that again so I just bought them for my paladin and hunter.

Either way though, the order hall campaign sets look really bad compared to their challenge mode counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It was very niche because of the way they worked. Kick yourself in the balls and try to complete the dungeon with nerfed characters. I know of 1 person in my guild who enjoyed how they worked. Most are looking forward to the new challenge modes. Most people who replayed them over and over did it because they could make money off carries.

- - - Updated - - -

Different engine, different way the armor attaches to the models. Blizzard could easily add dyes but they don't want their artwork tarnished by someone like me who would paint his armor pink just to mock the system. But anyways I was referring to re-tuning the MOP/WOD challenge modes for Legion.
    I have around 100 gold medals in CMs across my chars (only 1 set in WoD +2 dungeos) I got no money/gold out of it but "boosted" most of my guildies in MoP some of them barely had a clue what was happening besides the "don't stand in crap and dps as hard as you can". I was mainly a Tank so i decided to level all the remaining tanking class to get the cms as I knew i wouldn't main a char without the set later one. Then I started thinking I should get some dps chars too and leveled a mage and lock.

I was confident I would never want to play any of the missing class so I was happy, leveled 4 new chars in the year I was finishing my Masters Degree (tons of work) and got all cms sets I wanted but them came WoD and I actually liked hunter and rogue while disliking Mage. I'm a bit bitter that my rogue can transmog the WoD Daggers or the hunter the bow/gun while I completed those CMs only my warrior but they cant get the MoP sets while they were done on 7 chars + tons of repeated gold medals to help guildies.

At the start I hated CMs because of the timers but then it was what made it fun and hyped you to do better and to improve as a player and that made them repeatable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    They still provided players who were good at them with challenging timed dungeon runs that they enjoyed doing long after having gotten all of their golds. Many only did them for the initial rewards, but there were players that enjoyed doing them for the sake of the challenge & gameplay itself.
    CMs never provided any real challenge, it was always a cheese-fest where you tried and both times people outgeared them pretty heavily towards the end of an expansion, where it became even more of an aoe cheese-fest.

Mythic+ definitely provides a challenge, in the end it will just be a number, but completing progressively harder content in the same amount of time is far better than completing the same content in progressively faster times.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-07-24 at 02:10 AM.

its not the exact same set, and the rogue one looks so shit xD im sad
    the best looking one is the paladin one

Well the paladin one has better color then the original, so theres that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    A noobs dream come true you say?

I got 3 of the challenge mode sets by simply paying for them in gold. And so did many of you
    I would be part of the problem. I made my gold by selling those boosts. Didn't bother for WOD though.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    CMs never provided any real challenge, it was always a cheese-fest where you tried and both times people outgeared them pretty heavily towards the end of an expansion, where it became even more of an aoe cheese-fest.

Mythic+ definitely provides a challenge, in the end it will just be a number, but completing progressively harder content in the same amount of time is far better than completing the same content in progressively faster times.
    I'd strongly disagree. WoD was a joke in comparison to MoP, even with socket inflation, but you couldn't just cheese everything in MoP.

SSB was a run that you didn't just steam roll through AoE. You had to be on the move constantly before pulls were fully cleared up, had plenty of focus single target situations (The very first pull was a mix between heroed aoe & single target), and more often than not most healers still had to switch to dps backs right before the final boss just to make the timer (this was even with SoO).

You also make mention of aoe phases during CMs as if they are all cheese-factor. That isn't always the case. In SoNT you needed to pull most of the packs before the third boss & not only did you have to try to use aoe stuns but plenty of groups used aoe slows (Mostly frost trap with hunters) while the tank kited them away hoping they didn't get one shot with all of their cds up. Aoe wasn't just 'Stun the dudes and kill them with no damage or abilities incoming'.

Imo regular mythic should have been the dungeon mode with harder & unique abilities attached to it (mimicking the raid counterpart) & just kept the timed version with the same types of rewards. As it stands right now the regular mythic dungeon format (not mythic+) is redundant. We don't need both heroic & regular mythic dungeons that changes nothing except numbers.

people outgeared them pretty heavily towards the end of an expansion, where it became even more of an aoe cheese-fest.
    Outgear? Challenge Modes? What on earth are you on about, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Well in MoP the gear at the end of the expansion had more gem sockets on items, and on top of the class buffs over time, groups become more and more powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's clearly not the same gear, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Nobody is going to look at someone wearing the Order Hall gear and think they got it from Challenge Mode. The original sets still have the prestige, not to mention fancier helmets and shoulders with special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I'd strongly disagree. WoD was a joke in comparison to MoP, even with socket inflation, but you couldn't just cheese everything in MoP.

SSB was a run that you didn't just steam roll through AoE. You had to be on the move constantly before pulls were fully cleared up, had plenty of focus single target situations (The very first pull was a mix between heroed aoe & single target), and more often than not most healers still had to switch to dps backs right before the final boss just to make the timer (this was even with SoO).

You also make mention of aoe phases during CMs as if they are all cheese-factor. That isn't always the case. In SoNT you needed to pull most of the packs before the third boss & not only did you have to try to use aoe stuns but plenty of groups used aoe slows (Mostly frost trap with hunters) while the tank kited them away hoping they didn't get one shot with all of their cds up. Aoe wasn't just 'Stun the dudes and kill them with no damage or abilities incoming'.

Imo regular mythic should have been the dungeon mode with harder & unique abilities attached to it (mimicking the raid counterpart) & just kept the timed version with the same types of rewards. As it stands right now the regular mythic dungeon format (not mythic+) is redundant. We don't need both heroic & regular mythic dungeons that changes nothing except numbers.
    WoD was definitely a joke compared to MoP cms, there is no question about it.

Siege of niuzao was definitely a cheese-fest though, most of it was pure cheesing mechanics, blob debuffs to get out some insane damage, then the pools to get mobs to take increased damage, then on the packs before 3rd boss you were just kiting them and killing them off with bombs from the boss.
    Never really saw what the issue with SSB timer, while I can definitely see it being hectic and such with time, but again you had trash before first boss where it was mostly about getting everything clumped up so you could run barrels into it.
    The outgearing/skill changes wasn't as bad as in WoD either, but still it was definitely there.

I disagree that regular mythic is redundant, considering how it provides you with the highest base ilvl pre-raid loot, normal dungeons is for levelling only, hcs are pretty redundant for skilled players, but still provides you with daily hcs for AP. While mythic+ will be the progression dungeon content. There is definitely a difference between heroic and mythic dungeons beyond numbers aswell, they doesn't massively change around a fight like (good) mythic raid mechanics does, but they tend to force you to play more according to them, and especially when you start getting tyrannical on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    If you believe Ilvl is what determines the value of all gear then you are nuts, in MoP, sockets became increasingly important. As for WoD, Mirror of the blademaster made aoe pulls a joke, while soul cap can be used to practically one shot bosses.

If you dont believe me please take a look at cm - bis lists and tell me how many items are from hc dungeons or highmaul.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-07-24 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Well the paladin one has better color then the original, so theres that.
    you think piss yellow is better than eternal blue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's clearly not the same gear, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Nobody is going to look at someone wearing the Order Hall gear and think they got it from Challenge Mode. The original sets still have the prestige, not to mention fancier helmets and shoulders with special effects.
    It devalues Challenge mode gear though. As someone who's played a lot on the beta seeing every scrub that got 110 running arounding in cm lookalike gear really devalues the real cm gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    you think piss yellow is better than eternal blue?
    You need to drink more water if your piss is this gold. You might eventually have kidney stones.

People who bitch about this are just pathethic. The set looks completely different without their special effects. For example, Hunter set looks fricking horrible, mage one too.

Wake up. They are not the SAME, so stop bitching about it like little babies!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine who has the Warrior set saw these yesterday in game when looking at the Appearances Tab in game. Let's face it, some of them, especially Warrior, Hunter, Mage and Warlocks, are too similar to their original. My friend was understandably upset that a set earned for completing a piece of challenging content that rewarded an armour set supposedly unobtainable after the expansion is being brought back with minor changes and handed out like candy to every player of that Class. I am well and truly aware of the requirements to unlock the set, but for ones such as Warrior and Hunter especially I thought they needed to be less fancier that the ones obtainable by Players, similar to the DK, Druid or Rogue sets.

As I said, I think some of them should be toned down more. I'm fine for the original sets going on the BMAH personally, similar to T3, keeps them pretty prestige yet obtainable for a price.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Friend of mine who has the Warrior set saw these yesterday in game when looking at the Appearances Tab in game. Let's face it, some of them, especially Warrior, Hunter, Mage and Warlocks, are too similar to their original. My friend was understandably upset that a set earned for completing a piece of challenging content that rewarded an armour set supposedly unobtainable after the expansion is being brought back with minor changes and handed out like candy to every player of that Class. I am well and truly aware of the requirements to unlock the set, but for ones such as Warrior and Hunter especially I thought they needed to be less fancier that the ones obtainable by Players, similar to the DK, Druid or Rogue sets.

As I said, I think some of them should be toned down more. I'm fine for the original sets going on the BMAH personally, similar to T3, keeps them pretty prestige yet obtainable for a price.
    I actually feel the opposite. I'd rather they kept the obvious knock offs & don't put them on the BMAH. The BMAH seems like it would keep the gear rare at first glance, but in reality it wouldn't. This can be clearly seen with how many more Naxx proto drakes have popped up on larger realms since they were first put there. After a couple expansions the real gear sets wouldn't stand out that much at all (especially considering how many players have the 10mil gold cap to instantly get them).

Warrior, pally, priest, monk (ok that color is ugly though) and possibly Druid I think are the ones that look closest to their CM sets.

Though I do think people aren't realizing just how hard those shoulders are to get. Not same type of difficulty ofc but that is a long grind
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored.
    Welcome to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    It's a shame because this kind of screws over all the players who ignored gold in MoP because their set looked like junk, they should have made new armour for the order hall set