7+ Year Old Account

Tidyplates destroying my fps

Been trying so hard to find a cause for my low frames and the culprit is tidyplates, more specifically its "widgets" part. When i turn widgets off though i lose the ability to see healthbars and debuffs on the targets. Now the problem is these are the two only i care about in a nameplate addon.

So is there a way i can fix this fps drop? If not can anyone recommend another nameplates addon that shows debuffs?

Blizz default shows debuffs now.

Tidy Plates is working fine in terms of FPS for me, but for some reason I am unable to get it to show enemy bars in class colors.

I did DL it with Curse Client and I am using the Beta version, since Release is working rly badly atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    You may use Plater while wait a fix for tidy plates.
    Just tried plater but cannot seem to change the bar texture or font, the dropdown lists are empty or almost invisible and unclickable.

You could try Kui nameplates (can't post links yet ;_; ) instead. Also as for your FPS drop issue - a lot of addons (like grid for example) are still very buggy and produce a ton of errors, which results in heavy fps drops.
    Also, the last I've heard tidyplates was discontinued... but I might not be up to date so better don't take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Been trying so hard to find a cause for my low frames and the culprit is tidyplates, more specifically its "widgets" part. When i turn widgets off though i lose the ability to see healthbars and debuffs on the targets. Now the problem is these are the two only i care about in a nameplate addon.

So is there a way i can fix this fps drop? If not can anyone recommend another nameplates addon that shows debuffs?
    Same issue here. I've narrowed it down to being an issue when there's many characters on screen. For instance, at the end of Stonecore with the 101 servants, my FPS tanked from ~120 to something like ~5 fps. It's pretty atrocious.

For now, I'm using Kui nameplates as a replacement. They work fine.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't show all nameplates it helps. I think it's because the distance for nameplates has increased drastically and there are so many up w/ tidyplates. Love an addon that lowered the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I think it's because the distance for nameplates has increased drastically and there are so many up w/ tidyplates. Love an addon that lowered the distance.

Plater, AdvancedInterfaceOptions and NameplateRange can change the distance (back to 40)

But it's just this console command
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    You may use Plater while wait a fix for tidy plates.
    Thank you, its working pretty good but i have one little problem. How can i make debuffs not shown transparent on top of the nameplate?