Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh no, what a tragedy.

How am I supposed to farm stuff now?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Sounds like someone was camping something and got it stolen by a realm hopper
    Like? I have everything I need. It was a problem and blizz fixed it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

*snip*

Is this official?
    i hope not.. i havent gotten voidtalon or all the trihorns yet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I do hope, since the realm-hoppers are pure cancer when trying to put together groups.

With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

*snip*

Is this official?
    it is. Just tested it with 3 different groups. Never got phased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    it is. Just tested it with 3 different groups. Never got phased.
    You will probably only get phased now if you move close to the group leader, if you leave his range afterwards you probably get transferred back home again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Think of it this way: now no realm hopper will steal voidtalon from your realm, so you have bigger chance of finding one.

/Signed by realm hopper that stole voidtalon from some french realm.

But the changes to cross realm zones made zones much more populated than before.
    So not hoppers get your item/mob but the ones phased to you.
    Practically they just removed the need for hopping...

Deleted
    I do hope, since the realm-hoppers are pure cancer when trying to put together groups.
    Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Defmaster View Post
    Practically they just removed the possibility of hopping...
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Bullshit.

´´
    Haha, no. Case in point: They're taking measures to change it.
    Hopefully this means that if people want a rare spawn in the future, they'll have to do more than pester legit groups and swiping spawns on other servers than their own. ^^

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    how about it destroys the advantage low population realms have at finding rares?
    Sounds like it's balancing it out to me.

A change with good intentions, shame that most people probably got their ultra-rare mounts through realm hopping, making it nigh impossible to get from now on, especially on busy realms like AD...combined with CRZ >.<

I'll hope Blizzard never comes with the ideas of week-long spawns again while encouraging people to visit the real world too, with their loading screen tips

Realm hoppers are actually a good thing.
    If I see 3 groups for rukhmar, I will join to the group that has the most players in it. Which is clearly "cheated", because many players are hoppers in the group at that moment. But I join, and I stay. On the other hand, I won't whisper for invite to anyone if I want a damn Rukhmar kill, if it's not on autoinvite, I simply don't bother. So no autoinvite even hurts your group.
    Just think about it for a moment.
    Also why do you care about hoppers? They join, they leave. They don't take spots from anyone (in a 40 spot raid group), they don't do anything. If your group is for something that noone wants to do anymore, you will see players slowly joining anyways.
    The only time realm hoppers can bother you is in small group content, like Tanaan group dailies. But then don't put it on autoinvite, manually inviting 4 people is not that tiresome.

Holy shit Blizzard actually took the proper measure to fix it but not ruin things for others. Is this the first time this has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Holy shit Blizzard actually took the proper measure to fix it but not ruin things for others. Is this the first time this has happened?
    Seems like this expansion Blizzard is going though their systems and if they are being used as a perk to individuals and cancerous to groups than they are getting worked. Not to say the systems themselves are cancer. But how people jerk around other people with no regards to them is.

Deleted
    Haha, no. Case in point: They're taking measures to change it.
    Hopefully this means that if people want a rare spawn in the future, they'll have to do more than pester legit groups and swiping spawns on other servers than their own. ^^
    Player joins Kazzak group.
    Player: "Hey leader, move your ass to northeastern Dread Wastes, AVANTI!"

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Think of it this way: now no realm hopper will steal voidtalon from your realm, so you have bigger chance of finding one.

/Signed by realm hopper that stole voidtalon from some french realm.

Draenor is now Cross Realm automatically like everything before it now so there is no more "your" realm really.

As Garrosh said to Gul’dan: “Times change.” With Legion release there’s a new rule: the first person from the party, who enters the zone, will mark that zone for its player’s realm.

What that means:

Zones are now independent and you change realms in there depending on its current flag. Flag is put once a player is in a group and enters a zone. Flag is being removed when all players leave that zone.
    You’ll be transferred if you’re in a zone, and you join a party with a player already in that zone.
    You’ll be transferred if you enter the zone’s by crossing its border and there’s already a player from your group in that zone.
    You’ll NOT be transferred if you enter zone if no other player from your party is there.
    Even if you’re not a leader, if you were the only person from the group in the zone and another player from that group comes to that zone, he will be transferred to your realm, since you’re the first person, who entered that zone while in a group.
    Ahh, so that's how it works now. My impression was that you wouldn't transfer to the raid's server unless someone else from that raid was already in your zone, which was close but not quite right. Your explanation makes much more sense. Good stuff.

Hopefully people figure it out soon so the hopping stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Player joins Kazzak group.
    Player: "Hey leader, move your ass to northeastern Dread Wastes, AVANTI!"
    LOL, wouldn't surprise me if that started happening. XD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.
    What hurts the game is players like yourself crying about absolutely nothing because of some nonsense idea that what they're doing is wrong. Man up and stop crying
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore