Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    This is actually wrong.

The Legion, and thus Azshara, already knew about the Dragon Soul / Demon Soul before Illidan pretended to join their side. Illidan just found a way to track Deathwing in order to attempt to steal the disc. Moreover, while you can say that he was the reason Sargeras almost came out of the portal, you also need to keep in mind that he was the reason why the Legion was banished and the NE alliance even won at all. Sargeras would eventually come to Azeroth sooner or later during WoTA - it's just a matter of time for the Legion to gather enough power, yet the Azeroth resistance force s(other than the moment with Deathwing using the Dragon Soul) are weaker than the Legion with Archimonde as the commander. In a way, you can say that Illidan merely hasten the inevitable for his own plan.

Moreover, Malfurion didn't even think of what to use the disc for, he was just trying to steal it so Deathwing wouldn't be able to use it against Dragons, allowing them to help the NE force. The disc would have been wasted - only acted as a very powerful weapon in Malfurion's hands. The spell to reverse the working of the portal were originally carried out by Illidan, Malfurion just completed it when Illidan were having problem. While we can give Malfurion credits for this, without Illidan, the idea might not even occurred in Malfurion's mind. That's why he wasn't neither imprisoned nor punished for his actions during WoTA after the war.
    Exactly. He was imprisoned for murder. Murder committed AFTER the war.

don't know why is killing the villagers important here. for all we know, villagers could have attacked Illidan and Naga in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Oh, really?

The tracks Maiev doesn't recognize are from Naga, who nobody but Illidan (somehow) knows exist yet. It was Illidan and his Naga that massacred the village, and saying it wasn't (assuming it's even supposed to be the same village) is a complete retcon.
    ha... reciting from warcraft three... yet you qoute it, look at my qoute... you dident even read it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I can't believe I am doing this ok

First Illidan and his naga did not massacre the Night Elf fishing village DEMONS DID what you think after the second defeat of the burning legion the demons just disappeared? NO they remained on azeroth for a long time and I can prove it to you that Illidan didn't do it just go read his book, you know the one which came out recently and you won't sit down and read it because you are so convicted the character is so evil you afraid the book will change your mind. I am going to spoil it for you, there is a scene when introducing the character Vandel, which explains with pretty colorfull way how the demons killed the villagers and his son
    Second Illidan did not try to destroy Azeroth he was trying to destroy the Lich King by blowing up Northrend, not one of his best moments I'll give you that, but deep inside of me I was hoping he would have succeded because then all those great characters we lost during the Lich king expansion WOULD STILL BE ALIVE and many other characters after, you don't know who those characters are go and read the f*g lore
    Third what FelPlague said it was retconned and even if it wasn't the reason he gave the Demon Soul to Azshara was in fact to defeat the Burning Legion and I ask you how do you defeat an enemy that is more powerfull than you? Why, you infiltrate them ofcourse that what Illidan did he became part of the Legion so that he can destroy them from the inside and you know what that is the bravest thing I have ever seen in all the lore of warcraft
    So do me a favour you two ...get out go read the lore and then come back
    as you see here cooper, he even told you, yet you still refuse to accept it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    don't know why is killing the villagers important here. for all we know, villagers could have attacked Illidan and Naga in the first place.
    in the original game, yes they could have attacked and illidan had to defend himself, as they did look like threats, but as we see in illidan novel, the demons killed that village, not illidan...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Exactly. He was imprisoned for murder. Murder committed AFTER the war.
    murder of people trying to kill him for making a new well of eternity... something they NEEDED TO LIVE and without it, we would be dead by now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't hate him, I just think he looks way too edgy, partially for his character and mostly for his visual appereance. This said, I think the novels (King's especially but we need to give it to Knaak that he placed the basis for such development to happen) turned Illidan into a decent anti-hero, the kind of character that you shouldn't admire nor overly blame, just watch and see where his path goes.
    exactly, alot of people seem to just like to hate him to be part of the "we hate it cause were cool" like the people who hate super popular games that a majority love, just because they wanna be special and different...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they were in the way

uh what? he was destroying northrend... not all of azeroth...

that was retconned awhile ago, and also he dident ever directly do that...
    Ultimately Illidan was a kind of character that thought the end justified the means.

In the deal with Northrend, while his main focus was indeed Northrend, as Malfurion explains, that would have ended up flooding much of the world. Some major population areas, like Silvermoon, Stormwind, Theramore,, Gilneas City, even Orgrimmar (as Durotar is mostly flat water could have gotten there with a significant water increase) would have been gone. And these are just the big cities.

Deleted
    as you see here cooper, he even told you, yet you still refuse to accept it...
    I am gurl

I don't hate him. But I do think the new story is boring and poor quality. Its very parallel to the whole Kerrigan arc in SC. "Prophesied, rebellious, anti-hero is the universe's only hope at salvation. Somehow only they know the real threat that A̶m̶o̶n̶̶ the Burning Legions possesses, while every other character is essentially a moron with their head stuck in the sand."

The only difference is that Illidan isn't a fraction as bad as Kerrigan so him becoming "good" isn't nearly as absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ultimately Illidan was a kind of character that thought the end justified the means.

In the deal with Northrend, while his main focus was indeed Northrend, as Malfurion explains, that would have ended up flooding much of the world. Some major population areas, like Silvermoon, Stormwind, Theramore,, Gilneas City, even Orgrimmar (as Durotar is mostly flat water could have gotten there with a significant water increase) would have been gone. And these are just the big cities.
    The problem with saying that Illidan thought the ends justified the means is that it implies that he actually cared or gave any thought to either. The only thing Illidan cared about was himself and his own power.

For instance, Illidan didn't go after Arthas or Icecrown because he cared at all about the Scourge; he did it to save his own ass from Kil'jaeden, and he didn't give any thought to, much less care, what the consequences of his spell might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I am gurl
    oh... hello gurl, i thank u for hulping

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

exactly, what he did was sick, twisted, fucked up, and not allways the coolest thing to do, but he did anything he wanted, as he knew he needed to defeat the legion, and fuck anyone who would get in his way, as he said, he likes the alliance, he knows the alliance would accept him and try to work with him, but then kill him for "going too far" where the horde he knew were never going for the "good of the people" more of the "good for themselves"

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with saying that Illidan thought the ends justified the means is that it implies that he actually cared or gave any thought to either. The only thing Illidan cared about was himself and his own power.

For instance, Illidan didn't go after Arthas or Icecrown because he cared at all about the Scourge; he did it to save his own ass from Kil'jaeden, and he didn't give any thought to, much less care, what the consequences of his spell might be.
    he whent after arthas to get kiljaden to trust him, and empower him, so he could be stronger, then use that power to defeat the legion... once he found out about the legion and its infinite power, any power he could get, he knew he needed... if you want to beat somone, to take stuff from them, then beat them with their own stuff, is much better then getting that power from somone else...

Deleted

Illidan does care about his world, please just go and read the book at some point he is even considering to abandon his quest and join the Legion but he didn't, he had a way out but he didn't take it and now he knows that if he fails and the Legion captures him his death will be excruciating and the world he was born into will perish

- - - Updated - - -

oh... hello gurl, i thank u for hulping
    took me awhile to understand that u=e