Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Safe spaces? Wtf are you even talking about?

It's a good system because most people don't need to be, or want to be, inundated by retarded trolls that are either spam gold selling or spouting racist bs from their hillbilly shack in the swamp. No doubt, the new system won't be popular with them. Wonder which you are?
    Most people have a functional brain and can use the ignore function. Most people don't make drama and try to recreate public witch hunt systems cause they can't deal with reading a bit of text they disagree with . You are not some saviour and the system is obsolete garbage but go ahead and circlejerk about it til you get silenced yourself.

edit:
    The system could also be easily improved by setting the required reports higher. 100 Reports instead of just ~30 would be a start. It's stupid that less than 1% of the chat is enough to decide who should be an outcast. This would set at least the requirement beyond the realm of trolling with guildmates.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-07-24 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Neither of us knows what will happen. Blizzard has punished people for less in the past.
    As long as the system works well 99% of the time, I'd say that's a good system in games like these.
    Like no one knew this system was going to be a dumb easily exploited automated bot...

And like no one knows the system will barely work 10% of the time at best and it wont be just another cheap unmanned bot designed to curb customer complaints without any effort by Blizzard and hope the issue will settle itself or forgotten even despite inaction or the user just stops bothering because of all the effort to go trough different layers of automated systems the get forwarded to, to get something done about his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Like no one knew this system was going to be a dumb easily exploited automated bot...

And like no one knows the system will barely work 10% of the time at best and it wont be just another cheap unmanned bot designed to curb customer complaints without any effort by Blizzard and hope the issue will settle itself or forgotten even despite inaction or the user just stops bothering because of all the effort to go trough different layers of automated systems the get forwarded to, to get something done about his issue.
    Out of the 5 million players that play this game, how many do you think will abuse this?
    I'm guessing around 0.00000001%.
    That is a working system.

It's a good system. Get over yourself.
    They had a good system. It was called the ignore button. If they temp ban people for anything then the avenue for abuse is huge. Some wank and his wanky mates report you for nothing and you lose hours of game play? You call that good? Get a grip.

I think it's a great system. I love reporting people on every forum, website, and game I play anyway, so this just gives me an easier way to do it than copy/paste. Works great.

Don't be a tool, and I won't have to report you.

Reporting guild recruitment spammers, gold sellers and people who can't behave have become a full time job but I think it's having effect, there are less of them now.

Deleted
    If you are ok with the system at 100, then you are ok with the system at 30 as it would be the same system and you are just splitting hairs. I personally think 30 is a fine number as I imagine it takes a lot for 30 people to actually act on something ... unless you are asmon and going out of your way to have 39 people specifically all report you at the same time. In most cases, it takes a lot to piss off 30 ppl.

Use me as an example, 99% of the time I have no interest in reporting someobody. My two triggers? Some idiot spamming gold selling sites or somebody being way over the line racist. And although I cannot speak for everyone, I'm betting that most people are similar to me. In most cases, people don't give a shit and are just going about their day. The system is there for extreme situations.
    Could as well say if 30 is okay then 1 is okay. Obviously that's ridicilous.

WoW is still rather popular. You always have that 0,1% ammount of crazies inside the population and the threshhold has to be higher than the ammount of those people. You should be able to get at least 5% of the chat to report gold sellers - with that 100 reports would be no issue at all. If not even 5% of the chat users care enough then the population clearly has decided that they don't mind.

nobody gets temp banned; you just can't use public chats anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO it's working well on my realm.

Pre patch there was a lot of inflammatory stuff going on. And I'm not talking about people who just disagree or whatever - I'm talking about lengthy messages with multiple TOS violations inside that one message (which given the character limits per message, takes some work lol). I won't repeat such here.

I have only reported 1 person since the patch, and it was for a message that was really really really obviously meant to get the person in trouble.

Otherwise, chat on my realm has been vastly improved. I mean people still complain ("I hate my class changes" etc.) but the rampant profanity, racism, etc has stopped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I got silenced for 2 days for saying, "Trump is the Republican nominee" in response to something said in trade chat. The silence was upheld when I petitioned it. So, fuck it. Now I report troll every liberal faggot I see. I figure if people abuse the system enough they'll have to change it or lose subs. Either way, I win. Blizzard has gone full SJW cuckery in the ~11 years since release. It's honestly probably time to put this dated piece of shit out to pasture.

What kind of sad, infantile piece of shit do you have to be that you can't just ignore something?
    And we're supposed to believe that all you said was "Trump is the Republican nominee"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Seems the system is working as intended. =D
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I got silenced for 2 days for saying, "Trump is the Republican nominee" in response to something said in trade chat. The silence was upheld when I petitioned it. So, fuck it. Now I report troll every liberal faggot I see. I figure if people abuse the system enough they'll have to change it or lose subs. Either way, I win. Blizzard has gone full SJW cuckery in the ~11 years since release. It's honestly probably time to put this dated piece of shit out to pasture.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of sad, infantile piece of shit do you have to be that you can't just ignore something?
    Everything you just wrote is reason enough to be silenced. There is no place for that hostile, superior attitude in a game.

Silence is working.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Most people have a functional brain and can use the ignore function. Most people don't make drama and try to recreate public witch hunt systems cause they can't deal with reading a bit of text they disagree with . You are not some saviour and the system is obsolete garbage but go ahead and circlejerk about it til you get silenced yourself.
    I still prefer to silence rude toxic kids over ignore becuase they are punished. With ignore nothing happen. The system is not garbage and I wont be silenced and you know why? Because Im not a shiithead who need to spew some nonsense on chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Silence is working.
    I reactivated my account yesterday to start getting ready for Legion. I have a main on Zul'jin and some alts scattered around. I spent a while on four different realms yesterday and just to see I joined Trade on all of them. It was noticeably better than it used to be on all servers after watching it for about 45 minutes or so while I was cleaning up bags, etc.

Anecdotal, yes. Is it liable to last, who knows. Nonetheless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yea, that's the temp silence until it gets reviewed. What do you expect?
    I expect Blizzard to not being dirt bags and be honest about how they said the system would work. Apparently that's too much for them. Why do you expect so little?

Maybe, but reasoning like that alone isn't going to convince decision makers who have responsibility over a budget.
    If they can't properly support a function, monetarily or with support personnel, then they shouldn't implement it.

Technically he didn't get reported for saying "I love warcraft". he got reported because he asked people to report him.
    You are incorrect. Blizzard had no way to know he asked people to do anything. The system triggered automatically. Opposite of the way they presented it would work.

As for the "free speech" posters. You'll find that if you go into any civilised business and start shouting stuff like "go kill yourself fucking idiot" (I don't know...maybe someone dropped a paper clip?) you would be thrown out. 'Free speech' isn't a licence to abuse people in a video game because it's the only place in life you feel powerful.
    This is an invalid Strawman argument. No civilized business is kicking out customers for coming in and shouting "I Love Your Product". This tool silences everything, not just speech you don't want to hear.

Blizzard wasn't honest when they presented how it would function. People keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, no matter how many times they show they don't deserve it. I understand there is no shortage of mindless lemmings out there, but it's getting more than a little ridiculous.

This is a terrible system. Assuming guilt without investigation is never good. What will you do when every channel except guild chat is a ghost town? Because that's how this turns out in a year or two. It may be the toxic people caught up first. Followed by the ones the trolls get. Then it will only take being vocal. Don't agree with me. Silence. Selling something at a better price? Silence. Stupid enough to say something in chat. Silence. There seems to be this delusion of butterflies and cotton candy as a result of this tool. It's simply not going to happen. While I may rarely say anything in any channel that isn't guild, I will be very disappointed when that's the only place people actually say anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you talk like you write you re in for a shower of reports mate. Provocative deputy sheriffs are a fav target group since patch
    How does that work if they never say anything? And how would you know who reported anyone unless they were dumb enough to talk about it?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Remember he isn't the "shithead". That other person is. He isn't toxic. That other guy is. He is the good guy. The first thing he will do after reporting is brag about it. His fragile little ego needs everyone to know who the deputy is and the power he wields.

People who feel righteous never let something as simple as common sense stop them from blabbing it to everyone.

And backwoods inbreds never let something as simple as a lack of forward thinking stop them from whining about their freeze peach.
    Thank you for proving my point. This person is righteous. If you disagree with them, you are inbred and backwoods. If you disagree with them, you are whining. You can feel their satisfaction as they self congratulate. It's totally okay for them to say anything to someone else because they are "right". It never occurs to them that this is what will silence them as well.

Exactly why we can't afford to arm people with a silence weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    What will you do when every channel except guild chat is a ghost town? Because that's how this turns out in a year or two. It may be the toxic people caught up first.
    It already IS a ghostown of channels... because MOST of the crap on there is shit that doesn't belong anyway. These chat channels are not adult lounges but they sure seem to filled with that crap. Politics, racism, sex, bulling and abuse... tell me please, how any of that is relative to the game?

I hope you are right.. I hope it tuens into an almost empty string of chats... then people will slowly start to use them for what they are for... Trade, group finding, PvP alerts. Imagine that... a return to talking about the game. If you want to talk about that other crap... try Reddit.

I would find it comically hilarious that in each and every one of these discussions about silence penalty the people who are easily the most unlikable, anti-social, inflammatory bunch love the silence penalty and all the reasonable people who more or less get along despite all kinds of differences can't fathom it but that's reality every where these days, people so hopelessly brainwashed into thinking their side is right and therefore it's okay to trample all over people who disagree with them.

I got two infractions just for at the most calling some of those people out who were clearly here just to offend others and bait/troll out. Well done MMO Champion. I don't wanna single anyone out but also had a conversation with a GM here about this and not entirely shocked they completely dodged the question being asked (if they felt being wrongfully punished was justifiable if real offenders were being punished).

On the plus side I'll say this, as terrible as this new system is, at least people aren't going to be punished for one little entitled jerk wad in a heroic reporting you for calling him out. So for the most part this system will accomplish nothing at all.

I'm pretty sure the responses on this forum painted an accurate picture of how this system would be used and would utterly fail to do what it's intended to before it ever even went live.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-25 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still no silence for me. I guess I'm just not offensive enough or trollworthy.
    Same. I started the Anal chat spam near shutdown, and heavily participated in it to see if I could get silenced and no silence. :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!