Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    So at the end of the new Anduin comic there is a page... A very special page. Out of the blue.

Anduin as an old man wearing armor with a draenic flair - crystal shoulders and all that. Inside Exoder on a throne.
    With Prophet Velen exclaiming "The Light will triumph over Shadow this day."

What are your thoughts? Will Velen stay on Azeroth contrary to what he said in a specific quest in Legion?
    -
    Or will Azeroth be destroyed and that's why Anduin sits in the Exodar on his Throne instead of Stormwind?
    -
    Or are they on Argus?

What are your thoughts?

It's not impossible that he's been prematurely aged as a result of some magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It's not impossible that he's been prematurely aged as a result of some magic.
    That's what I initially thought, but then why bother mentioning "Many many years later..."?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I know that for game play reasons it us unlikely that Azeroth will be destroyed somehow but ever since Chronicle I strongly believe that our only chance of defeating Sargeras and ultimately the Void Lords is to awaken titan Azeroth, I cannot imagine any other way, which would mean that we would indeed have to relocate... (just imagine the cinematic, us flying away and Azeroth rising to take on Sargeras...*chills*)

Yeah, next expansion is definitely "many many years later".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Azeroth will not get destroyed simply because there's so much content there. Blizz is not going to throw it all away.
    Between that and the controversial reception of the Cata 1-60 revamp, I doubt we'll see Azeroth actually destroyed within WoW's lifetime.

Also, we've known since Cata-ish times that Anduin is eventually destined to lead a coalition of the mortal races of Azeroth as well as the remnant of Turalyon's own Army of Light. Well, that spoiled part is new info, but the point stands overall. This isn't the first time a work of fiction has given fans a peek into the distant future.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

So at the end of the new Anduin comic there is a page... A very special page. Out of the blue.

Anduin as an old man wearing armor with a draenic flair - crystal shoulders and all that. Inside Exoder on a throne.

What are your thoughts? Will Velen stay on Azeroth contrary to what he said in a specific quest in Legion?
    -
    Or will Azeroth be destroyed and that's why Anduin sits in the Exodar on his Throne instead of Stormwind?
    -
    Or are they on Argus?

What are your thoughts?
    Why? Why do people suddenly start thinking the next expansion will have a 50 year timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Azeroth will not get destroyed simply because there's so much content there. Blizz is not going to throw it all away.
    They could, it'd be a hell of a lot of work, but they could easily just make the "destroyed azeroth" a phased instance seperate from the azeroth we currently have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    That's what I initially thought, but then why bother mentioning "Many many years later..."?
    True. This whole thing is very perplexing. I really can't imagine what they've got planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    you do know that we are going into a WHOLE new planet :/
    We do not know what remains of Argus, we have never been there before so for all we know the Legion has decimated that place in the process of taking it over. If we did go there it would only be another 6 or so zones, not a whole planet like Azeroth. Again they wouldnt risk a Legion after Legion expansion, or people would most definitely complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Man, imagine Azeroth being destroyed and everyone moving to another planet. While controversial and highly unlikely, it's a very cool idea.
    this is what i would like to happen. but i would like for them to keep our titan alive when they do it. either have her waking up make us have to move to a new planet, or have her manifest as a spiritual form(due to her spirit magic nature) and not need a physical body and she's unable to stop or redeem sargeras and he destroys the planet in anger since he can't have her now.

have a brand new leveling system on the new world. level scaling all over the world, quest experience scales with your level and not the level of the area. basically wow 2.

This is final battle, probably long after Legion and Sargeras are destroyed, between Light (Velen, Anduin, Illidan as champion of army) and Void/Shadow forces. I think at some point we will have timeskip, I don't think they plan to end story like 40 years from now;P

-
    -
    Or are they on Argus?

What are your thoughts?
    Personally? I think they know they effed up with that character in MoP, made him seem weak, and acting contrary to the Alliance's best interests, thus not suitable as a replacement for his father. They're building him up as a hero, because they made him so anti-hero up until now.

Blizzard has never done anything like this, and I think it's because they knew killing off his father and putting him on the throne was going to be a harder sell than the timey wimey bullshit of WOD.

Not enough specifics to really go beyond that. The fight referenced in that could be anywhere. It's a given that the Alliance and Horde will be fighting Shadow for quite a while. Argus? There would have to be some massive additions to the Army Of Light to be able to invade an entire planet of demons, who have had untold years to establish forces there. One expansion? Highly unlikely they're invading with what's left on Azeroth - after the devestation of Deathwing, the losses on Dreanor, and the losses from this invasion, it's pushing credibility to think the Army Of Light could be built up that soon. Unless Patch 7.2 or 7.4 involve finding and befriending entire planets of new allies...that last page is pretty much a throwaway to generate talk (sucess) and try to prop up a weak character as a hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that's right - however sometimes a "timeskip" can occur in works of fiction - especially if they're really good
    I don't know if you are familiar with On Piece but one of the most prominent timeskips happened there. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Return_to_Sabaody_Arc

I was thinking maybe after we drive the Legion back an "Era of Peace" will come for 9 years. However, Warcraft can not exist in peace. Thus we skip 9 years in the next expansion and fast forward to the next one.

Alternatively, it will be an upcoming expansion and these 9 years will be filled with nice additional expansions until we arrive at that date :P
    The best timeskip in recent years is Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. I highly recommend it, it's going to be a classic. It's one of the best books I've read in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    As far as i know, there is no other side of Azeroth, it has always just been pure speculation. There are only two main threat before we face the Void Lords, which is Sargeras and N'zoth. We are most likely going to Argus at the last patch of Legion as is hinted by some of the story quests, also, where better to finish of Kil'jaeden?. Then an Expansion with Azshara as mid tier and N'zoth as end boss, then we deal with Sargeras and finally Void Lords.
    New threats and new enemies can be created. This is fiction. You're allowed to make stuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    New threats and new enemies can be created. This is fiction. You're allowed to make stuff up.
    Of course they can, but they have already created the ultimate villain (Void Lords). After an expansion focused on killing of a powerful Eredar Lieutenant and maybe an Avatar of one of the most powerful titans. Fighting say a Troll warlord after that would not be very menacing.