Poll: Do you think that another 6.1-style patch is likely?

Is another 6.1-style patch likely?

Do you think that it is likely that Blizzard will have a repeat of what happened in patch 6.1 in the future? Namely releasing a 'major content patch' with little to no content (let alone major content) and/or social integration. Or do you think that they have learned from the events of 6.1 and will make sure that each major content patch actually has major amounts of content in it?

Given what I've seen so far I think that another 6.1-style patch is inevitable. It seems as though they can no longer release content at a pace that would allow major updates every couple of months. So we will see more of these minor patches (6.1 style) alongside bigger yearly patches (6.2 style).

Deleted
    They already said that 6.1 should have been called 6.0.x not 6.1 soooo... no

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    They already said that 6.1 should have been called 6.0.x not 6.1 soooo... no
    But even if it was called 6.0.x, it was still in lieu of an actual major content patch. It doesn't matter about the labeling, but about what was actually delivered and when.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given their track record, yes. I don't care what they've said. They've said plenty of things before.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

They know 6.1 was a clusterfuck. I'm sure they will bust their asses to avoid doing that again, because the game can only survive so many of those types of major screw ups. Is it possible? Yes, but I don't think it's likely.

Pretty sure it isn't likely at all.

Uber integration so you can drive down and punch Metzen in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    They know 6.1 was a clusterfuck. I'm sure they will bust their asses to avoid doing that again, because the game can only survive so many of those types of major screw ups. Is it possible? Yes, but I don't think it's likely.
    I would like to agree with this, but they don't seem to all be on the same page with how good or bad 6.1 was as a major patch. In the same week we had Ion say that they shouldn't have called it a major patch then on their twitter feed they said they didn't know why people were upset about content they have had 2 major patches. The lack of internal communication is how things have gotten so disjointed there. They even have mentioned this themselves. When it was a smaller team they worked in the same hallway and would pop in and out of each others offices through out the day. Now some are in different buildings and they don't communicate for days. It changes the team dynamic and the product as a result.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Blizzard already confirmed That 7.1 will include a Mega dungeon whatever that means, it's was said in the legion summit dev interview. 6.1 was empty because it's planned content was scraped like the other 70% of WoD that didn't make it to the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Despite what some whiners would say, Blizzard isn't retarded. They know what they need to do to keep players playing. They know 6.1 was shit and they know they can't pull something like it again. They have the number, they have the data. They're not going to destroy one of their top sources of revenue just for a laugh. WoD seemed like an experiment to see how little they could do and it obviously failed.
    TL;DR: Blizzard knows they can't make another 6.1 and they won't.

Deleted
    Well even if they do a 6.1. again - if they don't repeat shit like ... (almost) nothing after that it wont hurt as much.

I think its unlikely in legion. Legion doesnt really have the signs of a botched development cycle like WoD and Cata had.
    8.1 will probably be terrible again though!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Given their track record, yes. I don't care what they've said. They've said plenty of things before.
    What track record?

5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 6.2 actually gave content of varying levels. So there is no track record there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe?

I wouldn't really waste time to worry on that until closer, waste of energy. Rather looking forward for them to smoothen out the current errors, as well as making sure the launch goes a little smoother.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, they obviously dont want to lose revenue from WoW, and Ion who is now a senior game designer said they shouldnt have called 6.1 a content patch. Obviously theres some disconnect internally between the developers, but its evident they didnt like the way 6.1 turned out.

I dont think its likely we are going to get another 6.1. But who knows.

@Snes They dont have a track record lol. Everything before this in terms of content patches gave a really good amount of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that if they'd held back the raid tier they released a couple of weeks prior to 6.1 and opened it when 6.1 launched most of the crapfest around 6.1 (including this thread) would disappear. 6.1 would be a raid patch and people would complain about no world content most likely but this stupid drumbeat about 6.1 would have been greatly reduced.

So I would not expect it to happen again. No.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Well even if they do a 6.1. again - if they don't repeat shit like ... (almost) nothing after that it wont hurt as much.
    You mean the heirloom tab isn't content?!?!? People everywhere didn't say "holy shit there's an heirloom tab, I need to level up a new alt from level 1 RIGHT NOW"?

Sarcasm aside, yes calling 6.1 a major patch was an insult. It had NO content at all. It had blood elf models, the heirloom tab, twitter, and the selfie cam. High res models for one race, and UI changes. No content. It needed to have Farahlon.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-07-24 at 09:11 PM.