Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't main a hunter, but I do play one as an alt.

First and foremost, I can't speak for survival or marksman because I haven't tried them yet. I really don't want to play a melee hunter, and I like having a pet so marks is out.

With that being said, I absolutely hate how they butchered Beast Mastery. I took my hunter out for a spin yesterday and was not having fun at all. It felt clunky and boring, like something was seriously missing. I can't quite put my finger on it as of yet, but as it stands right now, I most likely will not be playing my hunter in Legion.

However, with as much as Blizz got wrong with some specs, they absolutely perfected other specs. Unholy DK is an absolute joy to play, as is Feral Druid and Elemental Shaman.

The aspect of the cheetah was most likely removed because buffs were removed in general.

Yep, they pretty much ruined hunters. I don't see how any of the changes have made hunters more fun to play in any way. BM feels very clunky, especially focus management and the rotation is just boring / weird. No fun to it at all. MM is the same, they somehow found a way to make it more dull than it was previously. They removed traps which was one of my favorites parts about being a hunter (can't kite around and throw traps anymore??). I feel like I have no control, I can just use damaging abilities. There's nothing that differentiates a good hunter from a bad one with these specs imo. Survival is ok so far, I kind of like it. But it's melee which I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

The aspect of the cheetah was most likely removed because buffs were removed in general.
    If that were the case then they should have removed Ghost Wolf from Shamans. Ghost Wolf is the same as the old aspect of the cheetah (better actually) in terms of what it does.
    And to people comparing harpoon to disengage. Disengage(with the glyph, they really should bake that extra distance into the current one) is far better than harpoon for moving around because it does NOT require an enemy target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man the people complain about cheeta being the worst speed boost in the game...
    you can lower it by 20% and can bring that down another 50% with a legendary

<_<
    (costs health per second to use, is rather slow, and is on the same row as one of our only defencive cooldowns...)
    Why would you waste a legendary slot (you can only use one at release of Legion) for a speed boost?
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2016-07-24 at 11:51 AM.

I like the change overall. The on demand speed boost is really nice, the only thing that would be better is if it were a shorter cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why would you waste a legendary slot (you can only use at release of Legion) for a speed boost?
    The legendary reduces the cooldown of all Aspects by 50%. It's the bracers for BM&Surv.
    BM : Aspect of the Wild 1min, Cheetah 1min (one artifact trait reduces it by 60sec), Turtle 1min30, (Chameleon 1min30, not sure if this one is affected hahaha)
    Surv : -20% from artifact trait and then -50% from legendary for the same Aspects (replace Wild by Eagle). So it's better than BM except for Cheetah in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why would you waste a legendary slot (you can only use one at release of Legion) for a speed boost?
    its not just a speed boost, its a speed boost, a focus generator, a defencive cooldown, and a heal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The legendary reduces the cooldown of all Aspects by 50%. It's the bracers for BM&Surv.
    BM : Aspect of the Wild 1min, Cheetah 1min (one artifact trait reduces it by 60sec), Turtle 1min30, (Chameleon 1min30, not sure if this one is affected hahaha)
    Surv : -20% from artifact trait and then -50% from legendary for the same Aspects (replace Wild by Eagle). So it's better than BM except for Cheetah in the end.
    and yeah, all aspects are effected
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Wow, sure is a lot of people with autism in here crying.

I do agree 3min is way too long though.

As someone who plays hunter since like late 2007 I can't understand what's the deal. Cheetah was somewhat useful in instances/indoors, but apart from that, it was useless when everyone has a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    If that were the case then they should have removed Ghost Wolf from Shamans. Ghost Wolf is the same as the old aspect of the cheetah (better actually) in terms of what it does.
    And to people comparing harpoon to disengage. Disengage(with the glyph, they really should bake that extra distance into the current one) is far better than harpoon for moving around because it does NOT require an enemy target...
    I meant buffs that affect others like power word shield, dark pact, mark of the wild, aspect of the pack, etc.

Ghost wolf is not a buff for others like aspect was. It's just a speed increase for the Shaman only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Good fucking luck.
    Blizzard doesn't give two shits about your opinion.
    There is no way we can get enough support to revert this change.
    While we're at it, we need to get support to revert the change on making the Hunter, a brand new fucking class.

I will Not be playing this expansion, or, subsequent expansions.
    Hunter is dead, RIP.
    Fuck this game.
    Mmm if enough people complained, they would most likely shorten the CD. You can be as upset as you want, but its obvious not everyone thinks this change is as MASSIVE as you and the Op think. Things like this can be changed easily, and if enough people or hunters I should say cared, they would change it. I dont think they would revert it, but they would make an adjustment or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Mmm if enough people complained, they would most likely shorten the CD. You can be as upset as you want, but its obvious not everyone thinks this change is as MASSIVE as you and the Op think. Things like this can be changed easily, and if enough people or hunters I should say cared, they would change it. I dont think they would revert it, but they would make an adjustment or two.
    It was a raid reset tool that rarely worked because you had people zone in way behind you anyways. I don't know about pvp, could see it being not horrible with the glyph but far from devastating to lose.

The issue with the redesign is the cd. It is pretty crap. Yeah, the artifact will make it 2 minutes which is alright but still on the higher side of where I would expect it to be. It is also stupid that the artifact is making the ability passable when it should be enhancing already quality abilities. Also have to consider what other talent could have been there if they had just decided to make the ability work on its own instead of with an artifact talent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What? How does that even make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Indeed major change to that i don't even feel like a hunter anymore, We've had years of trying to be shoved into either the caster or melee camp without really benefiting from either sides buffs, Blizz have no idea where to take hunter so it was poorly redesigned as a gimmick.
    though the speed buff is least of my issues.
    Who cares about a speed ability, when the true ability was stripped, not to mention the entire class being remade into a brand new class with similar abilities.
    Hunter got wrecked.
    No desire to play.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

all i can say is, SO FUCKING GLAD THEY REMOVED ASPECT OF THE PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    You really do not sound as an adult...... Give it a week and you are adapted to the change..... It's really not that big of a deal.
    Because I have a strong opinion, it makes me sound like I'm not an adult?
    Pray-tell, what does and adult sound like, exactly?

Give what a week? I played beta, I played on the PTR. I've tried the change and I absolutely abhor the changes.
    It's a big deal because it completely changed the playstyle I enjoyed. If you don't enjoy something, why force yourself to do it?

Fucking your ass with a toilet bowl cleaner is a big change, but give it a week and adapt-- It's not a big deal.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Is it because mommy doesn't want to pay 15 dollars a month from her credit card anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

No, i am a hunter, this change is good. The cooldown is way too long though, but the old aspect was shit, op and annoying

Deal with it
    This all sounded like a grasping at straws rant from someone who is disagreeing just to disagree. Running fast was op and annoying? LOL!!! Someone doesn't like something that you pretend to like, so your reply is "DEAL WITH IT"? LOL!!! Someone doesn't like a change, so you resort to beyond-braindead generic insults about their mom? LOOOL!!!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    first time i've enjoyed a hunter since wrath and don't really are about cheetah id rather have a sprint i can use in combat then a slight boost where i get dazed.

I like the hunter changes.

And packnubs can burn. Not gonna miss it.

I never understood those people who go berzerk at the changes, im playing hunter since vanilla and I accept blizzard's changes, sometimes good or bad, even when ArPen MM hunter was so awesome and they removed ArPen, life happens and we move on, take a chill pill brah its a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I seriously don't understand how anyone can be against the change. Aspect of the cheetah was utterly useless in raiding and pvp. I think the CD could be shorter but it's a great change.
    No it wasn't, with the glyph cheetah (which made it so you lost the buff instead of getting slowed down when getting hit) was very good. I would use it all the time when kiting, running flags, or just trying to walk faster. 30% speed until someone hits you, that's very useful. Got a rogue on you? Explosive trap knockback him away, slow him down, use cheetah = easy get away. Just because you didn't know how to use it, doesn't mean it's useless.