Thread: WoW IS BACK!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    They aren't CRZ but nevermind.
    Wait, they arent CRZed? What are they then? Serious question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    As for the cities, Blizzard has both enabled CRZ in all cities, and theres special tech in to ensure that cities stay populated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Most of my friends list is Overwatch at least for now. Those who are playing WoW sadly jumped ship to other realms and my once high population server is now a low population. Not surprising as its numbers was maintained from Cata to MoP by players who are willing to leaving dead raiding realms. Still sad though. Likely going to just reroll on another realm with a few IRL friends given how short leveling is now or just burn a boost.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-07-24 at 10:05 PM.

Thread with "WOW IS BACK!!!!" titles are almost the same as thread with "WOW IS DEAD!!!!" titles.

As expected, im guessing subs will peak back up to around 8-10 mill during the beginning of legion again just like wod, but its a matter of blizzard keeping people happy throughout the expansion, if stay subbed longer than a couple months then its a win in my books cause i quit wod fairly soon during its release and only came back just the other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand I'll be leaving with this pre-patch (at least for the time being) because WoW can no longer run on my computer. It seems Blizzard has really stopped catering towards people with low-end computers.

I don't like cross realm org too many people.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    They aren't CRZ but nevermind.
    Apparently you didn;t get the memo.

They even apologized because they screwed up the RP realms being zoned with others...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...71808?page=1#1

Deleted
    Sorry to hear, OP.

My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    Cities are full because of CRZ.... it doesn't accurately show your server pop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elrot View Post
    On the other hand I'll be leaving with this pre-patch (at least for the time being) because WoW can no longer run on my computer. It seems Blizzard has really stopped catering towards people with low-end computers.
    I hope you've checked advanced under graphics and made sure your texture setting isn't on 200%.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is definitely bringing back long lost players. I have a few friends coming back, one who hasn't played since vanilla and two that haven't played since Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    You mean evidence that no one could possibly have to prove or disprove any notion about current sub count? Yeah, lemme just pull that out of my ass. Here's why it's impossible for WoW to be at 10 million subs right now. MoP had a steady sub count of ~7.5 million. WoW only reached 10 million subs with WoD launch. Knowing this, we can make an educated guess that the sub count isn't 10 million. Do you really believe a pre-patch with no new content yet will bring in 5-6 million subs? Over double what WoD's launch cycle brought in?

If you truly believe that then I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.
    Yeah, they probably won't stick around for long unless Legion really slings it.
    Off topic (and I know this is stupid, but I can't help myself) when you use the phrase "I have some X to sell you in X", you generally use something that is hard to come by/impossible to get in said area, i.e "I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Iowa" and such. Swampland wouldn't exactly be difficult for anyone in Florida to get a hold of heh.

I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    Ooh, I would LOVE to take that bet. Would love to put big money on that one.

All I know is Blizzard better figure their shit out. The first 6 months of this expansion will tell the community at large how they really feel about this game. It's make or break time. Put effort into WoW and make it damn good again, or show us you're more interested in card games, generic fpshooters, and other profit producers.

If they don't deliver, they will lose a large chunk of us for good.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Nothing will ever top WoD hype. 10 million subs Nov 2014 on nothing but smoke mirrors and hype. We won't be able to prove it because Blizz won't publish numbers again. I guess if they somehow went over 10 mill again they might mention it, but it ain't happenin

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had 10-11 million subscribers but uh, yeah you probably know the rest.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Oh man people were hyped when WoD was coming. "It's orcs, it's Grom from WC3, and Gul'dan, sick!". Aaaaaand the let down.
    Pretty damned obvious that Legion doesn't suffer from the same problem as WoD, at least not in the base release. Patch-cycles and the content that follows 7.0 will be the dealbreaker.

WoD was a ball drop, that doesn't mean the ball is forever doomed to stay on the floor even though many of you act as if that were the case.

There's a couple, but not as many as I'd expect. Then again, there's nothing to do for another month.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be honest, I've been pretty bored with this pre patch. Was hoping to get some sort of pre legion quests to do but doesn't seem to be the case. Literally just wardrobe and class changes, meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok?
    people came back hyped for the new expac like every 2 years, that's not really anything special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Gotta be honest, I've been pretty bored with this pre patch. Was hoping to get some sort of pre legion quests to do but doesn't seem to be the case. Literally just wardrobe and class changes, meh.
    broken shore, dark whispers, ulduar/dala/kara stuff comes in the next weeks.

Formerly known as Arafal

was the same for wod, not really for mop, but back then it wasn't 70% of playerbase quitting either