Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Basically they could do another world revamp to show the devastation the Legion brought but after so many people bitching about the last one they probably don't want to do that again. I assume in all the official lore and things like comics or short stories we will see the true effects of the invasion, but from a gameplay and development perspective showing all of this in game outside the Broken Isles and prepatch stuff probably isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As a bonus, they blew up a chunk of the Pandaria.
    They did?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They did?
    they didnt rip a chunk a chunk of pandaland out... but destroyed much land like the peak of serenity.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Yeah I find it rather hard to believe this. Legion going to end EXACTLY like Warlords of draenor, we were told that the Iron horde was the most dangerous threat we've ever faced thus far and they were defeated before 6.1.
    What about the third war? The burning legion didn't even use their armies only their minions, and even then they managed to kill cenarius very easily, they destroyed the entirety of Lordaeron, they burnt Quel'thalas to ashes and they nearly destroyed The night elves and Orcs.

So with the biggest legion invasion ever, why are there only going to be demons on the Broken Isles? Why aren't there mass legions (Pun not intended) of demons everywhere on maybe say, Northrend or in Eastern kingdoms Kalimdor and Pandaria? Yeah they are going to attack in the prelaunch event, but so did the iron horde, how did that turn out? Neither did it make sense then, they had basically millions of orcs on the other side and they were just waiting for nothing, sending only 3 orcs at a time.

The only real villain we've ever had that actually acomplished something in WoW was Deathwing as he rekt the planet upon arrival and there were twilight cultists everywhere seeking to destroy the entire planet, now THAT felt like a threat! And this wasn't even the Old gods at their peak, there were no old gods at all to save them or C'thraxxi or anything. You might say that the Lich king felt like a threat aswell, but let's not kid ourselves, his armies lost at every turn, even if he killed us on the citadel, he still lost there so he didn't really acomplish anything. The so called Legion invasion is confined to a small isle and being defeated by some adventurers?

TL;DR: Biggest legion invasion ever? More like biggest pushover of an attempt at an invasion ever. The legion is not going to do any better than the Iron horde when it comes to winning. They are going to lose at every turn and be defeated before 7.1. The 3rd war felt like more of a threat than this, as did Cataclysm, because they actually caused damage, "The biggest invasion ever" is going to be confined to a small pathetic Isle.

I don't disagree with your thought process here, but there are maybe a couple caveats.

1) We're way, way more powerful now than during the third war. If they came at us with the same force in the third war, they wouldn't even get as far as they're getting now (maintaining a foothold on the Broken Isles). Why do I say this? We just beat Archimonde's ass with ~20 heroes. Blizz has incorporated some lore (like the writings about the warlocks council going after deathwing's power remnants and fel power from Black Temple during MoP) that says each raid against a major boss has happened with a raid-sized group of heroes, and they choose to say one faction or the other did the defeating (they gave Firelands to the Horde, and Dragon Soul to the Alliance in this case).

In the 3rd war, it took all of the Night Elves sacrificing their immortality to kill Archie. Next time around, we beat him down without anything near that much of a sacrifice. We're WAY stronger.

2) They've said a few times, including during the Broken Isles intro scenario, that "this isn't the same Legion we've fought before" (that's verbatim what Khadgar says during it). I think what they're getting at is that this is an AU Legion with different tactics and capabilities - after all, since we did have to kill Archimonde all over again, and Gul'dan exists again, we know for a fact that this Legion is separate from the one we've fought in the past. The similarities are that this Legion has also had its Mannoroth and Archimonde slain, while KJ and Sargeras remain.

TLDR: 1) Azeroth's heroes are massively more powerful than they were during the 3rd war 2) This is the AU Legion, which has some differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    2) This is the AU Legion, which has some differences.
    There is no multiverse in Burning Legion. Twisting Nether transcends all realities. (Quote from Afrasiabi.)

10+ Year Old Account
    During the priest campaign, they invade the Exodar and succeed in destroying quite a bit of it, including the naaru at its heart.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

1. It'd take too much effort to properly reflect the Legion invasion everywhere. You have some examples, use your imagination to fill up the rest.
    2. Players would bitch like crazy if there were demons everywhere and all we did was fighting demons.

So - in the lore it is the biggest invasion yet, the problem is that it's hard to properly represent this in the game.

Illidan says that the force that invades Azeroth during the WoA was merely a small fraction/force of the Legion true power.

In Wc3 we see the Legion use mainly Undead with some demons.

Deleted
    Did they even claim that the Iron Horde was the biggest threat ever? It certainly wasn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    During the priest campaign, they invade the Exodar and succeed in destroying quite a bit of it, including the naaru at its heart.
    Every class gets that qline.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I think that´s the "Fallen Star" campaign.

Deleted
    Well it's an expansion pack. It is very limited by the game itself. They can show you the picture and give you fantasy, but they won't show everything. Adding to this - genius development takes time. Why take more time on expac? They probably do whatever they can to make fast a good expansion set.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Well, they destroyed pos from the monk thing and they killed Tirion, Varian, and quite possibly Vol Jin. So, thats three, or arguably two large lore figures that died JUST from the start of this invasion.

I most definitely wouldnt call that nothing. As for Azeroth, I understand what you are saying about the demons not being there and such, but we took the fight to them and got destroyed, so I wouldnt say thats nothing. This is actually the first time we have lost anyone of importance since...the start of the game I think. Not only that, but they destroyed a few places like pos for monks. They definitely had an impact.
    Well maybe I don't know? Do the same as they did In cataclysm? Where we had old god minions everywhere trying to cause damage as much as they can, questlines where powerful demon lords are summoned like Soggoth the siltherer, hell make it like the Elemental Invasion where The legion randomly just attacks zones and cities

A patch did a better job at making Ragnaros feel like a threat than anything else
    An'u belore delen'na

Well maybe I don't know? Do the same as they did In cataclysm? Where we had old god minions everywhere trying to cause damage as much as they can, questlines where powerful demon lords are summoned like Soggoth the siltherer, hell make it like the Elemental Invasion where The legion randomly just attacks zones and cities

A patch did a better job at making Ragnaros feel like a threat than anything else
    How was the Elemental Invasion any better than what we're getting in the pre-Legion event? It was pretty lackluster.

As for actually revamping the old world, I suppose that'd be a good idea if you want to wait another year for the expansion to be released, but I'm sure most people wouldn't want to for the sake of a little immersion in lowbie zones.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2016-07-24 at 10:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    2)this is an AU Legion
    there is no such thing as an "AU burning legion" the nether transcends all realities.

Formerly known as Arafal

They want to summon in the big bads like KJ, and they have what they need on the broken isles. It would be cool to have demons running around Azeroth causing destruction, but the demons ultimate goal is to get their leader over to our planet so he can destroy it.

As for the old gods, the twilight cultists were trying to locate an old god I believe, or something that they thought was an old god. They were running around causing destruction because thats what old gods do, so thats what their followers do as well.

The cata pre event was absolute shit, so I dont really want to talk about that. A few elements here and there outside org didnt feel like a threat at all, especially because the elements would actually fight each other. Nothing from that pre event made me feel threatened, even the ones technically invading SW and org. All we had to do was put up barricades.

In all honesty, the demon invasions and the whispers event is way more threatening than the elemental invasion and shit. The demons attack org and stormwind from the inside, making people turn into dreadlords and shit. The demon invasions have demons targeting certain areas in the world, etc. Its much better than any of the past pre patches imo.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-24 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Every class gets that qline.
    Ah damn, only class I've played, but I assumed it appeared in some way. But the Legion is definitely present in more than just the Broken Isles.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

1 out of 3 player characters should be deleted because they "die" in game

all player guilds should be removed and you shouldnt be allowed to reguild with the same people because infrastructure is broken

flying should be removed because fel aura

run speed should be removed and max speed should be walking because fel aura

camera distance should always be first person because were first person

players should all be killable in just a few hits because were just humanoids

Yeah I find it rather hard to believe this. Legion going to end EXACTLY like Warlords of draenor, we were told that the Iron horde was the most dangerous threat we've ever faced thus far and they were defeated before 6.1.
    What about the third war? The burning legion didn't even use their armies only their minions, and even then they managed to kill cenarius very easily, they destroyed the entirety of Lordaeron, they burnt Quel'thalas to ashes and they nearly destroyed The night elves and Orcs.

So with the biggest legion invasion ever, why are there only going to be demons on the Broken Isles? Why aren't there mass legions (Pun not intended) of demons everywhere on maybe say, Northrend or in Eastern kingdoms Kalimdor and Pandaria? Yeah they are going to attack in the prelaunch event, but so did the iron horde, how did that turn out? Neither did it make sense then, they had basically millions of orcs on the other side and they were just waiting for nothing, sending only 3 orcs at a time.

The only real villain we've ever had that actually acomplished something in WoW was Deathwing as he rekt the planet upon arrival and there were twilight cultists everywhere seeking to destroy the entire planet, now THAT felt like a threat! And this wasn't even the Old gods at their peak, there were no old gods at all to save them or C'thraxxi or anything. You might say that the Lich king felt like a threat aswell, but let's not kid ourselves, his armies lost at every turn, even if he killed us on the citadel, he still lost there so he didn't really acomplish anything. The so called Legion invasion is confined to a small isle and being defeated by some adventurers?

TL;DR: Biggest legion invasion ever? More like biggest pushover of an attempt at an invasion ever. The legion is not going to do any better than the Iron horde when it comes to winning. They are going to lose at every turn and be defeated before 7.1. The 3rd war felt like more of a threat than this, as did Cataclysm, because they actually caused damage, "The biggest invasion ever" is going to be confined to a small pathetic Isle.
    It is the staging point, its why we go there. To stop them from attacking the planet as a whole. If we can stop the majority of their forces from coming through then it won't be the biggest ever, and we'd be the reason why. Why is this hard to imagine or for people to think. Every time something bad has happened our world/leaders/characters have reacted quickly to make sure it doesn't end up as bad as it could be. I mean if our forces were to take a USA approach like we did in the beginning of WW2- barely helping a bit and trying to not get involved then all this stuff that's happened in last few expansions could have been bigger. But "we" learned from the first invasion by the orcs that decimated most of the Eastern Kingdoms that sitting back and hoping it doesn't end up bad is wrong. So while it might not look like the biggest invasion ever. Us going there stems the tide, at least a bit. We don't know what will happen in later patches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1)The iron horde was the hugest threat, as it was a whole planet versus ours, but luckly we got there quick and were able to help the dranei and frost wolves, if we dident save them, it would have been world versus world, also we only defeated them so quick because of betrayal withen the ranks
    -snip-

Good post. I want to add that the threat of the iron horde was well above what was shown in game. The same reason that everyone seemed to be terribly confused why the dreanei would make peace with Grommash rather than provoke a guaranteed genocide. The iron horde was, at the end of WoD, hundreds of thousands strong. The Dreanei were on their last legs, absolutely. We didn't see those numbers in game for gameplay reasons, but it wasn't just the few hundred of mobs that spawn in tanaan that made up their armies.