Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As if a low percent dropchance/long respawn rates - on pets/items on timeless isle wasnt hard enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What hurts the game is players like yourself crying about absolutely nothing because of some nonsense idea that what they're doing is wrong. Man up and stop crying
    Blizzard knew it was a problem and they fixed it.

If you want things easier with realmhopping might I suggest playing an easier game instead? I've heard Hello kitty is on sale
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-07-24 at 07:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Blizzard knew it was a problem and they fixed it.

If you want things easier with realmhopping might I suggest playing an easier game instead? I've heard Hello kitty is on sale
    The stupidity is strong in this one
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The stupidity is strong in this one
    The entitlement is strong with this one.

Now people will farm/look for rares etc etc the way it was meant to be. Anyone who's crying can go talk to blizzard

how about it destroys the advantage low population realms have at finding rares?
    There shouldn't be an advantage, blizzard needs to increase spawn/drop rates in old content to stop the need for hopping or xferring to low pop.

I see blizzard solely at fault and don't blame people for wanting to scumbag it for content that is years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Such an advantage shouldn't exist, therefore there's no need to change/fix anything. Good luck at finding your rares, may i suggest realm-hopping?
    I agree I think they should just lump everyone into 1 big server! Then people would have reasons to play together and get good.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Also why do you care about hoppers? They join, they leave. They don't take spots from anyone (in a 40 spot raid group), they don't do anything. If your group is for something that noone wants to do anymore, you will see players slowly joining anyways.
    Tried to join a group for Drov for pepe before the patch and couldn't even discuss anything in raid chat (like how many ppl we need etc.) because every line in chat was being hidden between 10 lines of "player has joined the group" "player has left the group".

Also for some reason legit players are really discouraged from staying in the group if there's a lot of realmhoppers leaving or going offline. Don't ask me why, sheep mentality?

Low pop realms should not exist. Realistically, they should merge about half or more of the realms, they just won't because merging is seen as negative publicity. They should have merged realms ages ago. The game has WAY too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tried to join a group for Drov for pepe before the patch and couldn't even discuss anything in raid chat (like how many ppl we need etc.) because every line in chat was being hidden between 10 lines of "player has joined the group" "player has left the group".

Also for some reason legit players are really discouraged from staying in the group if there's a lot of realmhoppers leaving or going offline. Don't ask me why, sheep mentality?
    The solution to this has always been extremely simple, turn off auto-invite.

This is a horrible change for anyone interested in collecting. Thankfully I have finished everything out in the world, just instance farm left. I don't envy those who still need Timeless Isle stuff.

how about it destroys the advantage low population realms have at finding rares?
    Leaving some realms in a low population, half-dead state hurts the game a lot more. Those realms honestly shouldn't even exist at this point and should have been merged together years ago. The only good thing that has come out of those dead servers is the ability to realm hop to them to check for rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    In all seriousness, just make it so that people have to be accepted manually instead of auto-inviting. Make them whisper you before adding them to group through the LFG comment, and you have the problem solved. It negates the majority of both the addon and the people that hop without the addon.
    This. The option is there. Use it. Personally, I never put auto invite on. "PST for invite"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I agree I think they should just lump everyone into 1 big server!
    Alot of newer MMOs have mega-server with shards / phases / map copies dynamically adjusted to population in specific zones. No idea why you laugh at it, WOW would benefit from it a lot if Blizzard bothered. Not many people in Feralas? 1 phase. A lot of people in current farming zone, like Tanaan in 6.2 or Timeless isle in 5.4? A lot of shards. With ability to join groups and coalesce to their phase.

Respawn timers are another story though, apparently timewasting known as camping is "gameplay" for Blizzard. I'd much rather have a situation where you kill 100 mobs to drop an item rather than kill 1 mob but wait 20 min for it to spawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they know because general discussion on the wow forums is full of posts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Alot of newer MMOs have mega-server with shards / phases / map copies dynamically adjusted to population in specific zones. No idea why you laugh at it, WOW would benefit from it a lot if Blizzard bothered. Not many people in Feralas? 1 phase. A lot of people in current farming zone, like Tanaan in 6.2 or Timeless isle in 5.4? A lot of shards. With ability to join groups and coalesce to their phase.

Respawn timers are another story though, apparently timewasting known as camping is "gameplay" for Blizzard. I'd much rather have a situation where you kill 100 mobs to drop an item rather than kill 1 mob but wait 20 min for it to spawn.
    That'd be really nice to see imo. Mob respawns shouldn't be a problem if dynamic respawns are implemented in that zone (We already have this but not sure if it affects all zones).

They solve this by simply removing the tanan rare concept.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Realm hoppers is really griefing both the groups they abuse, and the people camping for the same in a normal fashion.

Hopefully Blizzard sees this problem, as it is one of the most rampant threats to the LFG system they have put in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Realm hoppers is really griefing both the groups they abuse, and the people camping for the same in a normal fashion.

Hopefully Blizzard sees this problem, as it is one of the most rampant threats to the LFG system they have put in place.
    You may have missed it but realm hopping now longer works the same way before. You go to the realm of the first person to enter a zone so if you are already in gorgrond (for example) and you realm hop to a group that has no one in gorgrond you won't change realm.

If party comes to you they'll see your realm but if you go to leader you'll see their realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    You may have missed it but realm hopping now longer works the same way before. You go to the realm of the first person to enter a zone so if you are already in gorgrond (for example) and you realm hop to a group that has no one in gorgrond you won't change realm.
    That's not working on live 99% (not implying it's not how it's supposed to be). Eventhough it's harder to realmhop (getting phased ~50% of the time and from my experience the % goes down with the amount of hops you've done), I've been doing it successfully at spots that are completely abandoned and noone in the group is even on the same continent.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-07-30 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Low pop realms should not exist. Realistically, they should merge about half or more of the realms, they just won't because merging is seen as negative publicity. They should have merged realms ages ago. The game has WAY too many.
    No, they have all rights to exist. It's like saying small countries shouldn't exist and should be merged into the big ones. What you'd get is a rebellion in those small countries/servers, no one right in their mind wants to play in those overcrowded shitholes you call "healthy" servers.

[QUOTE=Tonus;41125916]The should have just merged US into about 10 big realms YEARS ago.

Instead they did all this crap will realm mergers and cross realm zones and group finder (but only for some content!).[/QUOTE

Yup, I agree that we need mega-servers. It's worked out well in other games.