Thread: WoW IS BACK!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    broken shore, dark whispers, ulduar/dala/kara stuff comes in the next weeks.
    Don't know if people realize this, but the scenarios combined give you about 25 minutes of content.

Deleted
    WoD was really bad for me, as someone who played unholy pvp in MoP and alt as Boomkin... and loved MoP to bits and pieces. I still remember MoP... a man can dream. Don't know how many will endure the big prune though. My way of dealing with it is thinking that this isn't just a new expansion, but WoW 2, a new vanilla. We're back to scratch for class fantasy and back at vanilla level number of spells etc. That's my way of coping.

Guy is excited, tries to show it with other people. They give him a reality check with their narcissistic complaining and negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    back at vanilla level number of spells
    If only.. More like at level 14 vanilla number of spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Don't know if people realize this, but the scenarios combined give you about 25 minutes of content.
    we also get invasions.
    also, 25 minutes of something is still better than 13 months of nothing.

Formerly known as Arafal

If only.. More like at level 14 vanilla number of spells.
    ... How is that possible? I'm quite sure that vanilla Marksman's TOP PERFORMANCE strat, was about weaving 1 spell with auto-shot... If you tried to perform with class tactics of Classic today, you'd struggle facing leveling mobs...

No, it's not back to Classic levels, not in mechanics (world rares can have more complex mechanics than Classic bosses) and certainly not in terms of number of abilities and the synergy of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Guy is excited, tries to show it with other people. They give him a reality check with their narcissistic complaining and negativity.
    Every forum has them, the "I hate this thing but can't stop thinking about it and disliking that others DO like it!"-people... but on MMO-C, they seem to be the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... How is that possible? I'm quite sure that vanilla Marksman's TOP PERFORMANCE strat, was about weaving 1 spell with auto-shot... If you tried to perform with class tactics of Classic today, you'd struggle facing leveling mobs...
    Guy was talking purely number of spells. There is quite a difference in top performing rotation and your complete toolkit. Most rotations boil down to 3-4 spells + a couple of cds, not that different from what it was for some specs in vanilla either, what you lost is the toolkit.

I haven't seen much extra activity on my realm, maybe there are like 10 extra people in the Orgrimmar trade district but thats about it. My realm has has a pretty low population for a while though. Its not unusual to see all these extra people during pre-patch and launch, but the question is how long they'll remain playing once Legion hits. It only took WoD like 4-6 months to lose half its playerbase, and that while they brought back more people than MoP.

Guy was talking purely number of spells. There is quite a difference in top performing rotation and your complete toolkit. Most rotations boil down to 3-4 spells + a couple of cds, not that different from what it was for some specs in vanilla either, what you lost is the toolkit.
    I see, yeah toolkits took a hit and there are certain spells from my toolkit that I do miss like hell. Or changes made to spells that they DID leave in that seem downright bonkers.

In terms of performance rotational spells, it's pretty much the same amount, just a changed up synergy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Legion drag back the same 10m that got sucked into WoD.

That is the nature of the cyclical playerbase model after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Been slowly realizing that WoW forums aren't filled with people who like WoW.
    Who would genuinely like the current game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I hope you've checked advanced under graphics and made sure your texture setting isn't on 200%.
    Of course I did. I tried all of the suggestions. My computer can't even run it with no addons and with everything on the lowest possible setting. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Who would genuinely like the current game?
    I do. All the new changes with the patch are great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    They aren't CRZ but nevermind.
    Yes they are.

Legion is going to be the greatest expansion since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    It's almost as if a patch was just released with significant changes as well as a expansion in a month... Hmm...
    Yeah, and with tokens it was just a good month to spend 30k gold that was just rotting anyway.

Yup, the weeks before and after expansion releases are the best times I ever have in any video game.
    Enjoy it friend, it is truly awesome no matter what the expansion has in store.

Luckily, this time Legion is much more awesome than its predecessors.
    You'll see your friends leave and casuals here crying, but serious players actually have something meaningful to do outside of raids for the first time basically since you had to farm bop consumables in classic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Which it apparently has been for years if people are to be believed.
    What defines that ?
    Dead means that the game you loved will never return. And it happened many years ago, and every year the corpse of the greatest game moving away from us further and further into infinity. lol

according to warcraftrealms.com the game is at 1.45 million people playing after starting at 10 million for this expansion. the game was already dying and Warlords of Draenor delivered the killing blow. R.i.p. WoW, better to die now while we still have some good memories...