Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    What about the nukes France and the United Kingdom has/have? They were firecrackers?
    Let's be honest, they are America's nukes, in the case of the UK.

arent you mad that your country is freeloading off others in the term of defense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you see, there is this thing called immigration. He was saying he was Iranian, he was wrong. The Canadian Minister of National Defence, Harjit Sajjan, is Sikh and guess where he was born? The answer is there.
    Not really relevant, as I was pointing out that being Sikh and being Iranian are not mutually exclusive as you implied.

You can be Sikh AND Iranian, Indian, Canadian, Mongolian, or whatever. Your post was just as silly as the person you were originally replying to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you see, there is this thing called immigration. He was saying he was Iranian, he was wrong. The Canadian Minister of National Defence, Harjit Sajjan, is Sikh and guess where he was born? The answer is there.
    It's interesting watching people make fun where he's actually served in the military opposed to Trump himself. I'm sure his bone spurs were serious though.

What about the nukes France and the United Kingdom has/have? They were firecrackers?
    yes, 200 wont kill russia,. but you cant bet russia's 7300 will do some serious damage to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    arent you mad that your country is freeloading off others in the term of defense?
    No, because that's not how these things work.

Really Trump is saying that he wont go to war with RUSSIA over Moldova or somewhere like that.

Moreover a lot of what Trump has said are sentiments Obama has echoed before, namely about the US carrying too much of the burden

- - - Updated - - -

People are only mad when it is pointed out

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should I be mad? This is a good deal for Canada.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Churchill, who had long warned against Germany and demanded rearmament, became prime minister after Chamberlain's policy of appeasement had totally collapsed and Britain was unable to reverse the German invasion of Norway in April 1940. After the fall of France in June 1940, Roosevelt gave Britain and (after June 1941) the Soviet Union all aid short of war.

Yeah, so after the Battle of Britain was over (1939-41) and the Germans cancelled their plans to invade Britain, here come the yanks to save the day with their profiteering. Gee thanks.

Donald-Trump’s-remarks-on-NATO-‘not-helpful-’
    Did you really expect him to be?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Really Trump is saying that he wont go to war with RUSSIA over Moldova or somewhere like that.

Moreover a lot of what Trump has said are sentiments Obama has echoed before, namely about the US carrying too much of the burden

- - - Updated - - -

People are only mad when it is pointed out
    Still waiting for an example of the US defending any one from anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yeah, so after the Battle of Britain was over (1939-41) and the Germans cancelled their plans to invade Britain, here come the yanks to save the day with their profiteering. Gee thanks.
    I am not convinced you can call Lend Lease profiteering, nor claim that it did not amount to aid.

The Americans did not save Britain from Germany in WWII, the RAF and RN did that, but their assistance certainly meant we could carry on fighting rather than come to terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not really relevant, as I was pointing out that being Sikh and being Iranian are not mutually exclusive as you implied.

You can be Sikh AND Iranian, Indian, Canadian, Mongolian, or whatever. Your post was just as silly as the person you were originally replying to.
    I implied nothing of the sort. Now why did he say he was Iranian? Because of the turban and the beard. A common mistake from people who think that turban and beard (and olive skin) = muslim, or coming from a muslim country. In this case Iran. The fact remains that he is Sikh and that is why he is wearing a turban and growing a beard, which are requirements of his religion. There. And then you came and were nitpicky about it.

Anyway, although there are Sikhs all over the world now, you don't have to go far back in the family trees to end up in India. And in this case, he was even born there.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, 200 wont kill russia,. but you cant bet russia's 7300 will do some serious damage to you.
    With 200 nukes, I don't think opposing 7300 makes much difference. Nukes were not used for offense, but as a deterrent. Thanks God...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    I am not convinced you can call Lend Lease profiteering, nor claim that it did not amount to aid.

The Americans did not save Britain from Germany in WWII, the RAF and RN did that, but their assistance certainly meant we could carry on fighting rather than come to terms.
    We were still paying off the debt sixty years later. And we did pay. A lot. In particular the exchange controls forced on us by the US in the immediate aftermath of the war came very close to bankrupting the country. One might question whether we should have paid them anything-it wasn't like Hitler was going to ignore the global nexus of Jewish power in wall st, he tried to set up V-3 rocket launchers to bombard NY with.

Ultimately the Germans lost WWII because of the invasion of Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Trump's comments: Not helpful" sums up anything Trump says pretty well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I implied nothing of the sort. Now why did he say he was Iranian? Because of the turban and the beard. A common mistake from people who think that turban and beard (and olive skin) = muslim, or coming from a muslim country. In this case Iran. The fact remains that he is Sikh and that is why he is wearing a turban and growing a beard, which are requirements of his religion. There. And then you came and were nitpicky about it.

Anyway, although there are Sikhs all over the world now, you don't have to go far back in the family trees to end up in India. And in this case, he was even born there.
    "Why did you link a picture of an Iranian?"

"He is a Sikh..."

That is implying that an Iranian cannot be a Sikh.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why did you link a picture of an Iranian?"

"He is a Sikh..."

That is implying that an Iranian cannot be a Sikh.
    Ok, you're just being silly. I'm through with you.

Adieu.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump isn't wrong here, there are many NATO nations that simply do not take defence seriously and are slashing budgets. It ends up the US is having to pay for freeloaders.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    We were still paying off the debt sixty years later. And we did pay. A lot. In particular the exchange controls forced on us by the US in the immediate aftermath of the war came very close to bankrupting the country. One might question whether we should have paid them anything-it wasn't like Hitler was going to ignore the global nexus of Jewish power in wall st, he tried to set up V-3 rocket launchers to bombard NY with.
    It was subsidised though, so to not call it aid is somewhat disingenuous. I think the internal politics of the US meant that they had no choice to institute Lend Lease, rather than supply it free, not so much profiteering as political necessity by FDR to circumvent their neutrality.

Russian rule over Europe > Muslim rule over Europe, maybe not in terms of strategic interests for the United States but at least in terms of a human-progress perspective. So if Donald Trump says he wants to step back from protecting Europe, so be it.