Goblin glider / nitro boost no longer works in BG

Pretty chapped about this. Turns out the gliders that can be sold still work, but why would engineers get the shaft on this? I've had engineering for quite literally 8 years, purely due to all of the cool stuff we can use in casual BGs. Really sad change.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    how is this a bad change if the ones that can be sold still work? craft some of those and you can probably sell them for a bit more now to.

Deleted
    I don't understand your statement.

"Gliders that can be sold still work..."

What does that even mean? Are there gliders that can be sold, and those are the only ones which work? Do you mean that they made the gliders BoP in this patch, and the newly made BoP gliders don't work, but those few remaining ones, from the older patch, that are non BoP do still work?

So engineers now have gliders which they cannot sell and they ALSO do not work in BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I don't understand your statement.

"Gliders that can be sold still work..."

What does that even mean? Are there gliders that can be sold, and those are the only ones which work? Do you mean that they made the gliders BoP in this patch, and the newly made BoP gliders don't work, but those few remaining ones, from the older patch, that are non BoP do still work?

So engineers now have gliders which they cannot sell and they ALSO do not work in BGs?
    Sorry, I should have clarified. Right now engineers can make 2 types of glider. One is the "goblin glider kit" which can be sold on the AH. The other is " goblin glider" which only engineers can make and use. You attach it to your cloak and it has infinite charges, similar to the rocket boost to belt.

The glider isnt even the biggest loss at this point, essentially engineering is now useless in casual BGs as everything engineer specific no longer works.

Deleted
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Basically EVERYONE took engineering during WoD because it made things so much more fun PvP wise in BG's .. Blizz like always do what they want ignring what people want ..

Bugged, will be fixed but no ETA

Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified. Right now engineers can make 2 types of glider. One is the "goblin glider kit" which can be sold on the AH. The other is " goblin glider" which only engineers can make and use. You attach it to your cloak and it has infinite charges, similar to the rocket boost to belt.

The glider isnt even the biggest loss at this point, essentially engineering is now useless in casual BGs as everything engineer specific no longer works.
    Honestly? Good. I know it stings a little after 10 years of having Engineering be a mandatory profession for serious PvPers/twinks and the likes, but it really shouldn't have to be this way. I'll miss my nitro boots on my goblin a lot, but after all the changes and gutting to survivability and mobility in 7.0 engineering will become even more and more near-mandatory. Don't some serious RBGs already require engineering for the boots? read about that somewhere. A profession shouldn't separate the good from the greats. The buyable ones still work because they dont require engi to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Bugged, will be fixed but no ETA

Source
    mmm, referring to Ashran though? I don't think its BGs as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    mmm, referring to Ashran though? I don't think its BGs as a whole.
    Yeah, I'm blind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

basically anything that is tied to your gear that is equipped will not work in instanced pvp, including enchants, and "enchants" such as goblin gliders enchanted to your cloak (or whatever slot its on). blizz has to whitelist this glider functionality in a future patch. it slipped through the cracks, everyone relax.

you are still free to use consumables inside instanced pvp (except rated of course) such as potions, elixirs, flasks, food buff, sharpening stones/weapon oils, engineering consumables (bombs, boe gliders, etc), heroism drums, and so on.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...25422449770496

They say it will be back in a future patch for unrated, hopefully its soon.

Its good news for my Ret main, since Rets lost of all our mobility, i can use my eng toys to get away from mobs of ppl trying to kill me =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh, fun was detected. They hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post

So it is brought down to the same standards as other professions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Basically EVERYONE took engineering during WoD because it made things so much more fun PvP wise in BG's .. Blizz like always do what they want ignring what people want ..
    Not EVERYONE did, nor should we have had to do that, to be on even terms.
    So don't start that rubbish about knowing what other people feel or knowing what they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Probably shouldn't work, considering they removed a lot of other fun aspects, but also hope they re-allow a bunch of shit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================