Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Can I Mog It? Addon, Fashionista: Shirt Achievement, Blue Tweets, Havoc DH Preview

Blatty's Rank #1 Wiz GR 111 Clear

Popular Decks of the Week for July 24

Auriel Reveal in Chinajoy, Mystic Kingdoms Arthas Available, Small Hotfix - July 21st

Addon - Can I Mog It?
    The Can I Mog It? addon adds additional information about appearance collections to item tooltips:

• If you have learned it.
    • If you have learned it, but from a different item.
    • If you have learned it, but can't transmog it (wrong armor type or too low level).
    • If you can learn it.
    • If you can't learn it on this character.
    • If you can't learn it (necks, trinkets, rings, etc.).

Achievement - Fashionista: Shirt
    When looking at the initial data from players that had a Fashionista achievement, we saw that only 20% of the players that had one of the achievements had the Fashionista: Shirt achievement. Complete all of the Fashionista achievements to earn Fabulous, which rewards the Fabulous title!

We will take a look at progress on these achievements in a week or two, after everyone has had a chance to finish them up.

• Thomas Yance - Patrols the road between Tarren Mill and Southshore in the The Escape from Durnholde. Sells five shirts for 1
    • Broxel Goldgrasp - Located at the Argent Tournament in Icecrown, selling faction themed shirts for 25
    • Karandonna - Located in the Threads of Fate shop in Dalaran, selling many shirts from 20 - 800
    • Angelique Butler - Several First Aid vendors sell two shirts that are 16 - 20
    • Crafted Shirts - There are lots of crafted shirts that you can make or buy from the Auction House
    • Guild Vendors - These vendors sell guild shirts for 100 - 200. These shirts come with some requirements to be able to purchase them.

Warcraft Movie–Inspired Transmog Items Ending Soon
    The ability to earn the Warcraft Movie transmog items is going away next week (August 1), so be sure to log in and get them if you haven't already!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    holy pally doesn't get 2H-Wep with pre-patch, even though new kit and upcoming artifact are built around that?
    Some artifacts (such as Holy Paladin) are meant to break some of the normal "rules," but aren't needed at level 100. (WarcraftDevs)

Battlegrounds
    Please bring back the engineer glider/belt for unrated bgs.
    These will be back (for unrated BGs only) in a future patch. (WarcraftDevs)

Camera Zoom
    Please don't let this issue continue to go unaddressed: https://t.co/Eu8daLDTHE (& all related threads)
    To be clear, it's absolutely something we care deeply about. Of course we want everyone to be able to enjoy the game. But zoom... (WatcherDev)
    ...distance may have been a bandaid that masked underlying causes of motion sickness. We want to identify and fix those directly. (WatcherDev)

Items
    people clicking disenchant when people are greeding for offspec gear. would it not be better for a option asking if the player
    Need/Greed now strictly prioritizes mainspec > offspec on Need, for reference; Greed is literally just "I want to sell this." (WatcherDev)

UI
    Hey, the low health screen flash could be a legitimate epilepsy issue. Disabling it -needs- to be put back in the menu.
    The option to disable it wasn't removed! It's just been moved to the "Combat" category. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE
    Can anyone C/D if Mists content gets the legacy buff when legion goes out? @WarcraftDevs
    There's no such thing as a "legacy buff" - it was a one-time adjustment to content flattened out by the 6.0 squish. (WatcherDev)
    so Mists content wont get easier once I hit 110? :C
    It certainly will, because you'll have several times more health and damage output after leveling and gearing up. (WatcherDev)

Final Boss - Havoc Demon Hunter Spec Preview
    Demon Hunters aren't here just yet, but you can see the Havoc spec preview while you are waiting.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-24 at 11:36 PM.

That addon sounds really redundant.

If you have learned it. - Then it won't have the 'you haven't learned this' text
    If you have learned it, but from a different item. - Then what does it matter??
    If you have learned it, but can't transmog it (wrong armor type or too low level). - Then what does it matter??
    If you can learn it. - Will have 'you haven't learned this' text.
    If you can't learn it on this character. - Only matters if BoE, and easily checked by mailing.
    If you can't learn it (necks, trinkets, rings, etc.). - Then what does it matter??

10+ Year Old Account
    The camera zoom level is obnoxious. Trying to see around my giant mount is annoying, which then leads me to have to use smaller mounts in order to free up viewing space so that i can actually see around me. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    The camera zoom level is obnoxious. Trying to see around my giant mount is annoying, which then leads me to have to use smaller mounts in order to free up viewing space so that i can actually see around me. :\
    Yeah I can no longer use my green firehawk that I spent so long getting.. takes up 50% of my monitor =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriphe View Post

If you have learned it. - Then it won't have the 'you haven't learned this' text
    If you have learned it, but can't transmog it (wrong armor type or too low level). - Then what does it matter??
    If you can't learn it on this character. - Only matters if BoE, and easily checked by mailing.
    If you can't learn it (necks, trinkets, rings, etc.). - Then what does it matter??
    Extremely useful when you browse through dozens of items, when you mouseover rows and rows of items quickly and you just look for that message. It's a very first-world-problems convenience addon.

1. There are other reasons it won't say that, and they're not always obvious at a glance.
    2. Level requirement of the item also comes into play. You can't mog it a low level character even though that character is high enough to use a different item with the same look.
    3. See part 1.
    4. If this is all that you feel you need then fine.
    5. Mailing and relogging to check is a pain in the ass. Also, you might want to know when you're not near a mailbox. Plus, if you find an item you like but can't mog on your current character, you can make note of it and come back and look for the item on a different character.
    6. See part 1.

10+ Year Old Account

It's really useful if (like me) you've been hoarding BoEs for months and have a bunch of duplicates you didn't know about. I've been using the addon and it's immensely helpful when going through everything. Generally if it says "learned from a different item" it's a trigger for me that it's probably BoE and I can put it on the AH. It also has an option saying it can be learned on another character, which is another quick way of knowing what's BoE etc. (Just using "can I mail it" to determine BoEs doesn't help when you have lots of different armour types in your bags)

The "can't learn it" option is also really helpful because there are some items I thought might have been able to be added to the collection that can't, such as some goggles, blue world event clothing etc - some can be mogged and some can't, so it's nice to know what can't be so I don't accidentally delete it.

If you don't have a lot of transmog to go through, then sure it's not the addon for you. But it's been really helpful for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    What I hate is you can no longer see anything but the feet of a lot off bosses in raids

I know 3 people already that have quit the game due to the camera zoom. One was raid leader for my old guild so that essentially breaks up the guild and any chance of them getting the raid group back up for Legion. I hate it too, not enough to quit but they really have their head up their ass on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Yeah I can no longer use my green firehawk that I spent so long getting.. takes up 50% of my monitor =/
    Yea, all of the dragons/drakes are space hoggers. Aka my favorite mounts. :\ It's like "Oh...the Red Flying Cloud works...i guess..."

10+ Year Old Account

I like seeing at a glance that, yes, I've learned that appearance. Visual cues and all that jazz.

It matters because while the appearance is saved account-wide, you can't transmog a specific item if you haven't learned that specific item. For someone like me who wants to transmog an actual complete set (but may have other items that use the same artwork), this is quite helpful.

Because then I'll still know that it's been learned regardless of the character's level that I'm on.

Bigger text size with a better font color. Much better than what Blizzard decided on.

Oh sure, just send a mail, log, and then re-log to check the item on a different character. Yeah, no.

The only point I'll (partially) agree with you on. I'm not sure why it does a check on necklaces, trinkets, rings and non-equippable items, but either the addon author is working on it or it's a case of technical limitation. I do appreciate seeing the "cannot be learned", though, for items that one would think could be learned but can't. Without this addon, you simply would have no idea either way as to its learn-ability without having to look it up. Saves me time -- and currency -- that way.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2016-07-25 at 02:53 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

"Easily checked by mailing" is one of the #1 reasons why this addon is helpful. You avoid that step of having to mail the item, log on that character, check, and then log back. When I had literally hundreds of items I needed to "check" at the start of this patch, this addon saved me so much time. Poo poo it if you like, but it is useful.

i dont see what everyone is upset about ... the camera is not that bad.. Yes worst then before (i played at max camera distance also) but not that bad that i have to dismount off my "9000 Foot Cover everything" Mount.. i dont see issue, em i missing something.. mouse wheel scroll back, Esc > system > Camera distance (sider to far). dunno. i'm ok with it. i scroll back and my toon is still gnome size, just now i can see the hair lines.. Shrugs.. must be just me (Btw i'm a Tauren)

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh ... collecting stuff is so god damned boring

This is the use case that matters. If you want to mail three quarters of the BoE greens you find off to other characters because you have no idea whether you've learned them yet or not, be my guest. I spent 30 seconds installing this tiny addon and never have to wonder again.

Seriously, I've been running instances for transmogs this weekend and with limited bag space, knowing which greens I want and which I don't care about is a massive boon.

Two thumbs up for the "Can I Mog It?" addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    This is the use case that matters. If you want to mail three quarters of the BoE greens you find off to other characters because you have no idea whether you've learned them yet or not, be my guest. I spent 30 seconds installing this tiny addon and never have to wonder again.

Seriously, I've been running instances for transmogs this weekend and with limited bag space, knowing which greens I want and which I don't care about is a massive boon.

Two thumbs up for the "Can I Mog It?" addon.
    I do believe the Mog is Account bound

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    i dont see what everyone is upset about ... the camera is not that bad.. Yes worst then before (i played at max camera distance also) but not that bad that i have to dismount off my "9000 Foot Cover everything" Mount.. i dont see issue, em i missing something.. mouse wheel scroll back, Esc > system > Camera distance (sider to far). dunno. i'm ok with it. i scroll back and my toon is still gnome size, just now i can see the hair lines.. Shrugs.. must be just me (Btw i'm a Tauren)
    A bunch of people (including myself) aren't upset over the zoom per se, it's some other changes that got snuck in quietly with the zoom changes such as increased camera shaking/movement and other motion sickness-inducing effects. The old zoom work-arounds were sometimes necessary for people to play the game without getting motion sickness. There is currently no option to turn off the shaking effects (the options for action camera/physics interaction currently in the game do not help).

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    I do believe the Mog is Account bound
    Of course. The use case I'm talking about is "I run dungeon on my Priest; green BoE plate helmet drops; have I learned that appearance on my account yet or not?"

Can't answer that question with the default UI (it does not show the "You haven't collected this appearance" message). Can answer it with "Can I Mog It?"

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Of course. The use case I'm talking about is "I run dungeon on my Priest; green BoE plate helmet drops; have I learned that appearance on my account yet or not?"

Can't answer that question with the default UI (it does not show the "You haven't collected this appearance" message). Can answer it with "Can I Mog It?"
    So you gonna need a green for mog.. with the addon.. why not just need it default since you gonna sell it in the end. soon as you get "said" green item its added.. and the default ui does show if you learn it or not. (atlest it shows on beta). meh shrugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssie View Post
    A bunch of people (including myself) aren't upset over the zoom per se, it's some other changes that got snuck in quietly with the zoom changes such as increased camera shaking/movement and other motion sickness-inducing effects. The old zoom work-arounds were sometimes necessary for people to play the game without getting motion sickness. There is currently no option to turn off the shaking effects (the options for action camera/physics interaction currently in the game do not help).
    The "Snuck" in changes was posted tho so it wasnt really snuck in. Only thing i notice is Zoom lol. action cam can be turn off. Camera shaking you hardly even notice it. if your camera shakes then i guess riding a mount must suck cuz thats been around forever. dunno still having hard time understanding the issue. i tank and hate fact that you see bosses balls 90% of the time when smash on the wall. Guess these people never gonna get VR or any real other games that have camera physics :\ just shocked. i get affected by motion sickness but not from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I know 3 people already that have quit the game due to the camera zoom. One was raid leader for my old guild so that essentially breaks up the guild and any chance of them getting the raid group back up for Legion. I hate it too, not enough to quit but they really have their head up their ass on this one.
    I'm not even slightly surprised you know three people who have "claimed" to have quit over the camera change. I doubt there was a distance one could zoom to see all the issues that raid team must have had, given the caliber of "socially balanced" players that comprised the team...

Pro Tip: Those Dear Diary, tear laden threads over the camera zooms are mostly people saying "I'm glad none of you pre-ordered."