Is there a way to find old friends?

So, I've played since before we had battle.net friends, or email friends. I've known a lot of cool people who I really miss playing with. The thing is, they've all xfered to a new server or quit playing their old characters (rerolled or whatever). I've actually looked a few of my old guildies lately, and I saw that they were still playing to some extent thanks to the achievement tab on their armory.

So I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to get in contact. It's always been really nice to reconnect with old friends, since my friends have always been the reason I played the game. But unless they've become famous on twitch or youtube I don't know of any real way to figure out what server they're on or what their character name is.

try wowtrack.org

It's far from perfect but you can generally track transfers from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    try wowtrack.org

It's far from perfect but you can generally track transfers from there.

Ty, I'll give it a try.

Hire a private investigator.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.