Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They try to portray him as a native using "David S." instead of his real name "Ali S.". Political correct news aka spreading lies.
    ? Political correct, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Because it looks better if people think he was an ethnic german.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Because it looks better if people think he was an ethnic german.
    Is david an ethnic german name only?

David is a jewish and a rather popular german name.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-25 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    Obfuscating the background of 'minority' criminals is an official policy of all german media. Check guideline 12.1 of the german Pressekodex:

http://www.presserat.de/fileadmin/us...nglish_web.pdf

No, but people do assume that someone with this name is ethnic german, and not arab, because of the popularity of the name. Especially considering this name is usually more akin to Daud, Dawoud or Dawud in the arabic world.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-25 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Iranian citizen with dual German citizenship, who just happened to find a weapon and 300+ rounds of ammo in a country where firearms are illegal?. 18 years old and could acquire all this highly illegal stuff in a country where he is "ridiculed" by everyone. I have narrowed down my list to 2 possible places. His mosque.

Are you aware of the difference between Shiite and Sunni Muslims? Do you know that the vast majority of Iranians are Shiite? Can you tell me of a single terror attack done in Europe by Shiites?

Bonus question: Do you have any proof that this guy ever saw a mosque from the inside?

No, but people do assume that someone with this name is ethnic german, and not arab, because of the popularity of the name. Especially considering this name is usually more akin to Daud, Dawoud or Dawud in the arabic world.
    I don't associate it with someone ethnic german when I read it

I would really love to see that guys ID. Something tells me he actually has the arabic version of david as a second name.

I don't associate it with someone ethnic german when I read it
    Because the origin is hebrew, which is the case for many of the popular names in Europe.

Because the origin is hebrew, which is the case for many of the popular names in Europe.
    I know koreans who take it as their english name too

I know koreans who take it as their english name too
    There are asians that take any kind of english name. :P

But latin, hebrew and ancient greece names are very common for people from western European countries. Alexander, Adam, Andreas and Benjamin are also common.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-25 at 12:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are asians that take any kind of english name. :P
    Where is Elvis Wu when you need him....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    David as a name is used pretty much anywhere. I've known Davids from Georgia (not state, but country), Russia, the US, Canada, China. Quite a few Japanese folks also had Westernish names, although I don't think I've seen a David among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    David as a name is used pretty much anywhere. I've known Davids from Georgia (not state, but country), Russia, the US, Canada, China. Quite a few Japanese folks also had Westernish names, although I don't think I've seen a David among them.
    The ones in China and Japan generally didn't have these names to begin with, but "adopted" them as an alternative name for speaking with people in the west. Some people even adopt odd names like Sniper.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-25 at 12:55 AM.

dont know what strange stuff going on here.

david is a standard name in germany and many other countries worldwide. ali is too. many alis also in germany, born in germany. with moms and dads or grandmas or granddads who are turkish, or anything else. nothing special there.

the "terrorist" was a normal psycho (he had depressions). it was a "normal" amok. of a single person. with a handgun (a glock 17, he buied in the darknet).

there is no muslim terrorism involved anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    dont know what strange stuff going on here.

david is a standard name in germany and many other countries worldwide. ali is too. many alis also in germany, born in germany. with moms and dads or grandmas or granddads who are turkish, or anything else. nothing special there.

the "terrorist" was a normal psycho (he had depressions). it was a "normal" amok. of a single person. with a handgun (a glock 17, he buied in the darknet).

there is no muslim terrorism involved anywhere.
    And people were so quick to use this incident as a way to justify their prejudice against Muslims refugees...

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones in China and Japan generally didn't have these names to begin with, but "adopted" them as an alternative name for speaking with people in the west. Some people even adopt odd names like Sniper.
    Well, for example, Maria is quite a popular first name in Japan, and that is an actual first name, not just an alternative name. But yes, what you are describing also takes place.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Interview with a translation of the guy, who was throwing beer bottles and cursing at the shooter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/germany/com...salbey_german/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Interview with a translation of the guy, who was throwing beer bottles and cursing at the shooter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/germany/com...salbey_german/
    Mhm.

/10mhms
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.