Thread: The RAGE!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Given my outlaw rogue with worse gear hits harder with her basic attack, which has a high chance to trigger a second attack and make another one free? No. Kinda not.

Right now in PvP, if it's blue it's dead. Shamans are basically walking kills. Even enhancer feels like a worse warrior that can't put up much of a fight when you attack them.

This, quite a bit. PvP talents for classes aren't equal. Some of them profit way more, in some cases the better classes than others.

@Krassz, it's better for some and worse for others.
    As I said, I've spent ages on beta and it's better than pre-patch balance wise.

[QUOTE=Snegovik;41509687]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I got left with an arcane mage in arena 1v1 without my bubble....ya it was kinda annoying to have on me perma slow as he blinked around me free casting >.< without being able to stop him.
    I dont mind losing to a few specs, now shadow priests though....i feel bad for them cause outside of fear and their mini ball of blackness, they don't stand a chance against any melee.

Do paladins have it rough? yes against some classes and it sucks we don't reach our full potential tell we unlock our weapon, but we are from doom like a lot of specs out there. We have some nice talents for pvp (I have 0 interest in pve so I won't comment on it).

I am on beta and its not much better compared to prepatch right now. Frostmages and elemental shamans are hitting harder when they take the right talents, but especially sub rogues and arms warriors get even stronger with their pvp talents.

Playing in bgs is a large clusterf*ck of a bunch of melees charging/leaping/shadowstriking 1-2 targets while the odd warlock and boomy dots them up from behind the pack. Especially the dot classes are pulling some ridiculous damage now. The difference between them and normal tunnelvision dps classes who sit on one target is greater than ever. We are not talking twice as much but already 3-4 times as much damage done in a bg as someone in the upper region of the pack.

Everything is dramatically out of whack right now, especially melee mobility and the still existing unlimited shifting from ferals, which makes their uptime on you arounnd 99%, while they gained even more damage than they already had.

I fail to see why they had to take away most cc from the bulk of the ranged classes while even adding more mobility to melee. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

The only positive I saw thus far was horde winning AV most of the time, due to ppl actually defending again, which is something I have not seen in the last couple years and brought back some memories of the good old times

Deleted
    quite happy.

I haven't been this excited to play WoW since 2010. I love all the changes they've made and I expect to have the most fun gaming that I've had in a long time. I really don't see the point of sticking around on forums of a game that in your mind is turning to shit. Are you so consumed and addicted that you can't just consider WoW a good past experience and go about your life? Seriously, the habitual complainers on the official forums and abroad need a new hobby because it is obvious that their lives are pretty pathetic if they can't leave a video game behind without kicking and screaming like children.

To be clear, by "you" I don't mean OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    As I said, I've spent ages on beta and it's better than pre-patch balance wise.
    Oh for fuck's sake, what a load of BS. Here's the official Legion PvP Feedback forum. Dozens of posts and several pages show that it's been basically crap since alpha while Blizz has done little except for slight "tuning", but leaving the bad class mechanics in which is the real problem and with the melee heavy slant, with almost no communication from Blizz.

Apparently our pal Krassz here makes some dough from his YT feeds and has incentive to beat the hype drum for Legion. But some people aren't buying it because they know Blizz has the same old greed-driven mindset as ever.

We have clear losers:

Tanks
    Frost DK

I really like uholy DK, but i wish we had death siphon still

and I played couple of bgs with frost DK too, and it felt same.. still doing really good dmg but now lack of survivability

I think the only thing that really makes me angry about prepatch is the camera change. REALLY ANNOYING! I don't say my last words about class changes because I know it's oriented about artifact weapons and 110lvl, so let's wait and see. BUT GODDAMN BLIZZ CHANGE THIS CAMERA!!
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a holy priest i manage to live longer than 5 seconds

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My resto druid is crazy OP atm
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Honestly, I do not get this, retarded to say at least, attitude.

Uhh ohh classes are adjusted for 110lvl! Artifact will fix it because reasons or Dmg is off because we are in prepatch so nothing is tweaked! Hurr Durr.

Honestly, so what? What am I playing right now, beta or normal "stable" game? If I wanted to play beta i would go for beta or on PTR where i could TEST crappy builds. What good is not finished work which would play differently and fully at 110, but not now?

This attitude makes me sick, it's like letting some1 spits in your face and saying "woah, it's raining!"

It's like ordering a toliet with installation and they bring you this toilet but says "ok ok, we will install it and adjust it in 6 weeks, now just leave it there".... cool but toilet not intalled into sewage system is as pointless as this prepatch w/o artifact and 110lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i like tanking with destro again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's been this way for a while now but people cried wolf far to often. I mean people bitch about everything so its hard to get good feedback. God forbid people wait until 110 in a month when these specs will be more balanced. Shit, you have morons in here crying and equating pvp talents to blizz being greedy.
    "Balance at 110" will not cut it, as the usual excuses for Blizz when they intentionally bork classes to create imbalance. They've had pages of very good feedback for months and nothing gets done except what BLIZZ arrogantly wants to fit their corporate mindset. That's why I provided the link - go check the many threads on the alpha/beta (which obviously you haven't done) before you start to spew.

It's not just a numbers tuning pass that's needed, since the alpha/beta has the artifacts and talents but things are still a pretty big mess. It's the basic mechanics and design. Only sheep-like morons don't realize that proper testing cannot be done w/o adjustments being made and communication along the way.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-07-24 at 05:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake, what a load of BS. Here's the official Legion PvP Feedback forum. Dozens of posts and several pages show that it's been basically crap since alpha while Blizz has done little except for slight "tuning", but leaving the bad class mechanics in which is the real problem and with the melee heavy slant, with almost no communication from Blizz.

Apparently our pal Krassz here makes some dough from his YT feeds and has incentive to beat the hype drum for Legion. But some people aren't buying it because they know Blizz has the same old greed-driven mindset as ever.
    Err... no.

If you think I'm "hyping up Legion" because "I make money from YT views" then you're very wrong. If you count entire lifetime revenue of $1 as "dough" then I don't even know. I make videos because I like doing it, I have no intention or expectation of making any sort of money from it. I'd have to upload at about 7x the rate I do currently.

I looked at the forums. It's usually filled with people like you that don't really know anything about the game even though they spend hundreds of hours playing it. Most threads are "omg I have 2 buttons wtf" or "*insert any spec* is op" and not stating why. They're normally judging off of duels or random BGs. Whether you like it or not, the game balance is aimed around 3v3 arena. Most of the high-rated community enjoy it, I'd take their word for good gameplay over random BG spammers for the target area of balance. Nevermind though, according to you in that other thread all high rated players are cheaters. Kek.

This is the only thread I really found that I agreed with (and it happened to be from supatease, who you probably think is a cheater of course) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747695023

Of course, you're now going to say "well everything should be balanced!" but that's impossible. It's not possible to have everything balanced. All you can get is "good enough" and I'd say Legion beta isn't far off of it, in terms of 3s. Considering the state of PvP in past expac launches, it's in a good state. It's not been too bad of a prepatch either compared to the last 2, only assass rogues are ruining it, really. Some specs could obviously do with a buff as they are completely useless, such as ele sham, but amongst the viable classes the balance isn't too far off.

You've not provided any reasons for why it's bad, besides from "prestige system" which I don't see is a bad thing when it's entirely optional and "pvp gearing" which I can understand a bit more, but considering gear has minimal impact in PvP in Legion it doesn't bother me much. You've not touched on why the actual gameplay is bad, and this is the problem amongst most posters in the beta feedback forum.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-07-24 at 06:33 PM.

[QUOTE=Hexme;41510527]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post

I dont mind losing to a few specs, now shadow priests though....i feel bad for them cause outside of fear and their mini ball of blackness, they don't stand a chance against any melee.

Do paladins have it rough? yes against some classes and it sucks we don't reach our full potential tell we unlock our weapon, but we are from doom like a lot of specs out there. We have some nice talents for pvp (I have 0 interest in pve so I won't comment on it).
    I did some 3s over weekends as a Ret/Shadow/MW, i just sat on dps for my shadow to peel while he just melted faces. Yeh shadow are soft vs melee 1v1 but if u peel for them man...they can sure lay some mean punch. Also i faced in 2s shadow/rogue-sub they were very very hard to beat cuz rogue just peeled for shadow and ya...that priest did some amazing dmg

Unholy world pvp is really fun.

Outbreak->dps ring->epidemic= profit.

The only class that I absolutely hate so far as an unholy dk are..... well... TANKING classes. Of course this is pre-patch, the game is not balanced at this point. I really hope tanks are not viable in legion, I remember watching YouTube videos involving prot pallys/prot Warriors 2 shotting people in duels and bgs.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-24 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Unholy world pvp is really fun.

Outbreak->dps ring->epidemic= profit.

The only class that I absolutely hate so far as an unholy dk are..... well... TANKING classes. Of course this is pre-patch, the game is not balanced at this point. I really hope tanks are not viable in legion, I remember watching YouTube videos involving prot pallys/prot Warriors 2 shotting people in duels and bgs.
    Yeh i saw a lot of those videos too @ 110 tanks are dominating ppl asp Prot wars (who never die) or prot pallies who do mental dmg or blood dks. However, on live after patch (my main is Ret) i found prot wars and prot pallies are very very easy to beat, they seem doing no dmg to me and yet die fast. Blood Dks on other hand are still very very hard to beat XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Err... no.

If you think I'm "hyping up Legion" because "I make money from YT views" then you're very wrong. If you count entire lifetime revenue of $1 as "dough" then I don't even know. I make videos because I like doing it, I have no intention or expectation of making any sort of money from it. I'd have to upload at about 7x the rate I do currently.

I looked at the forums. It's usually filled with people like you that don't really know anything about the game even though they spend hundreds of hours playing it. Most threads are "omg I have 2 buttons wtf" or "*insert any spec* is op" and not stating why. They're normally judging off of duels or random BGs. Whether you like it or not, the game balance is aimed around 3v3 arena. Most of the high-rated community enjoy it, I'd take their word for good gameplay over random BG spammers for the target area of balance. Nevermind though, according to you in that other thread all high rated players are cheaters. Kek.

This is the only thread I really found that I agreed with (and it happened to be from supatease, who you probably think is a cheater of course) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747695023

Of course, you're now going to say "well everything should be balanced!" but that's impossible. It's not possible to have everything balanced. All you can get is "good enough" and I'd say Legion beta isn't far off of it, in terms of 3s. Considering the state of PvP in past expac launches, it's in a good state. It's not been too bad of a prepatch either compared to the last 2, only assass rogues are ruining it, really. Some specs could obviously do with a buff as they are completely useless, such as ele sham, but amongst the viable classes the balance isn't too far off.

You've not provided any reasons for why it's bad, besides from "prestige system" which I don't see is a bad thing when it's entirely optional and "pvp gearing" which I can understand a bit more, but considering gear has minimal impact in PvP in Legion it doesn't bother me much. You've not touched on why the actual gameplay is bad, and this is the problem amongst most posters in the beta feedback forum.

Not getting into another long string with you and rehashing the same things 10 times. It's not worth my effort and time since I've unsubbed and uninstalled this shit title after over 5 years, the same as I've done when other titles were allowed to putrefy. What I'm seeing of Legion was the last straw after WoD - the direction Blizz has decided to take WoW is obvious as I've pointed out here and elsewhere. Legion is a doubling down out of arrogance and a greed that's never satiated, while the players be damned.

The issues with Legion PvP have been discussed on the official forums over and over as I've said, or we've discussed it on MMO-C threads. I won't bother with those who refuse to acknowledge what's right in their faces and hold Blizz accountable.

As for the cheating, anyone with a fair amount of experience in rated and half a brain knows it's a race-to-the-bottom, out-of-control cesspool. It is unacceptable that Blizz is fully aware of it yet has done almost nothing serious to combat it, but they immediately went hard against cheaters in OW for example. Why? Quite simple: they're making too much money off the cheaters in WoW to put a major dent in them, and if they did they'd wipe out those brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    However, on live after patch (my main is Ret) i found prot wars and prot pallies are very very easy to beat, they seem doing no dmg to me and yet die fast. Blood Dks on other hand are still very very hard to beat XD
    Thats good to hear, god forbid they ever bring back WOTLK prot pally, cata Bdks, and MOP guardian druids.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-25 at 01:03 AM.