Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't understand the confusion. It is unranked. It is literally the only place a guy can go to practice a hero he's not used to playing outside of a controlled environment (bots). You want to WIN? Go play ranked. People want to HAVE FUN (which doesn't always equate winning).

I for one enjoy playing widowmaker and give less than 2 rats asses if i'm getting counterpicked. Do you know why? Because I like being a sniper. It's also fun to be able to outplay a counter and I take it as a little extra challenge for my fun. This is why I play unranked, because I understand my playstyle might conflict with actually winning the game.

I find it even funnier when someone complains (usually they're rare in my teams) that i'm sticking to one character. Normally it's someone crying like their lives are at stake. This isn't MLG, man. Go have fun. If your fun is winning, then EXCLUSIVELY play ranked. You know, where people care.

I echo the OPs sentiment exactly. Don't play stupid troll stuff in pubs, don't continue to play into counterpicks, and for the love of god DO get on the objective. If you want to troll, get into a premade and troll. Don't ruin 5 other people's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I don't understand the confusion. It is unranked. It is literally the only place a guy can go to practice a hero he's not used to playing outside of a controlled environment (bots). You want to WIN? Go play ranked. People want to HAVE FUN (which doesn't always equate winning).

I for one enjoy playing widowmaker and give less than 2 rats asses if i'm getting counterpicked. Do you know why? Because I like being a sniper. It's also fun to be able to outplay a counter and I take it as a little extra challenge for my fun. This is why I play unranked, because I understand my playstyle might conflict with actually winning the game.

I find it even funnier when someone complains (usually they're rare in my teams) that i'm sticking to one character. Normally it's someone crying like their lives are at stake. This isn't MLG, man. Go have fun. If your fun is winning, then EXCLUSIVELY play ranked. You know, where people care.
    People also care in Quick Play. I play Quick Play when I don't want to solo queue in Competitive or when I've played Competitive and had a few bad games. Quick Play never been nor advertised as a place to go if you don't want to play seriously. This Quick Play is fore whatever you want to do, ignore the fact this is a team game, Competitive is for serious is bullshit and people need to get it out of their heads.

15+ Year Old Account
    This happens alot in my game, I see our team double picking sniper with me as sole tank. theres nothing inherently wrong with a double sniper or even a solo sniper build. but when we do not have pushing capability at least one of them should bother to change to a frontliner.

but no, they just stand there and type "this is unranked relax!" meanwhile my corpse is getting t-bagged and emoted by the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    People also care in Quick Play. I play Quick Play when I don't want to solo queue in Competitive or when I've played Competitive and had a few bad games. Quick Play never been nor advertised as a place to go if you don't want to play seriously. This Quick Play is fore whatever you want to do, ignore the fact this is a team game, Competitive is for serious is bullshit and people need to get it out of their heads.
    No, you need to get "This is how people are supposed to have fun in this game" out of your head

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    As stated in the title, this is the sentence I hate the most when playing unranked because my friends are not online for ranked games.)
    Literally. If you want competetive picks, then play competetive solo. If you consent to play casual, then you play w.e is fun. It pisses me off when people get salty butthurt over picks in normal, personally i prefer tank so it's usually okay, but if you instilock assassins then get mad about no supp or tank or sniper and bitch about it, you are literally the worst douche lol. Either fill the competetive slot your self in normal or deal with it, dont expect others to not have fun so you can feel awesome about winning normals

Sorry if that comes across dickish but i mean, ya
    Last edited by Hollow Vamp; 2016-07-25 at 12:11 AM.
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

No, you need to get "This is how people are supposed to have fun in this game" out of your head
    I don't understand how people play a team based game by playing whatever they want and doing whatever they want and have fun. You do realize you're pissing off 5 other people right?

I don't understand how people play a team based game by playing whatever they want and doing whatever they want and have fun. You do realize you're pissing off 5 other people right?
    No, i'm pissing you off. Chances are the other 4 are having their own fun as well.

And since those other guys can very well go play ranked and there isn't a "casual mode". I couldn't care less who i'm pissing off Respectably.

Or else, there ia casual mode. It's probably called normal.
    Last edited by Tiev; 2016-07-25 at 12:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, i'm pissing you off. Chances are the other 4 are having their own fun as well.

And since those other guys can very well go play ranked and there isn't a "casual mode". I couldn't care less who i'm pissing off Respectably.

Or else, there ia casual mode. It's probably called normal.
    No, you're pissing off the majority of your team by deliberately picking something that you suck at. chances are that a whole bunch of them are telling you to change, and you're ignoring them because you think this is some CoD-style shitfest that you can troll solo with no regard to team comps and how team-based games are supposed to be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been out long enough that you should know how to play against other human players by now. I'm not saying you can learn the kit in practice mode and then immediately own face in Quick Play but you should already know what the hero does. I .
    Uhhhh, what? There are people who just bought the game, people who want to get decent with a hero before moving on, people who just aren't interested in certain characters. What gives you the right to tell people they should already know the game well?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Uhhhh, what? There are people who just bought the game, people who want to get decent with a hero before moving on, people who just aren't interested in certain characters. What gives you the right to tell people they should already know the game well?
    The same right you have to disagree with me

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    No, you're pissing off the majority of your team by deliberately picking something that you suck at. chances are that a whole bunch of them are telling you to change, and you're ignoring them because you think this is some CoD-style shitfest that you can troll solo with no regard to team comps and how team-based games are supposed to be played.
    No, you really don't understand. Your type is RARE in-game. For every 10 games 1 I get yelled at.

Like I said, there rarely is anyone in my team bothering us with that kind of stuff. When some mmo-champion wannabe pro-player joins and starts whining about that, he quickly leaves because no one gives a rats ass.

- - - Updated - - -

The same right you have to disagree with me
    That's incorrect, we aren't telling YOU how you should play your game. You can counter pick to your hearts content.

You are trying to tell US how to have fun the way you want

See the difference?

With the kicker: You have a whole other mode in which people usually try hard.

Or maybe.. You are scared of people who actually try to win? So you want to prey on the casuals in normal mode? And you get butt-hurt when casuals don't allow your Grace to pwn noobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, we don't need a 4th Hanzo on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I don't care, we don't need a 4th Hanzo on the team.
    At that point you just need more Hanzo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

When it comes to unranked hero selection I feel the same way in Overwatch as I do in MOBAs in general. People are going to have favorites that aren't very meta and honestly playing the same heroes all the time in ranked can spoil the game after a while so it's good to take a breather and goof around, results be damned.

I play both modes because I don't solo queue in Competitive. The only reason is because I can put our average rank out of whack when I play with my friends. I'll freely admit I'm not amazing at this game, I'm average. My whole point is Quick Play has plenty of try hards too. This is a team game, people expect other players to play as a team. If you want to practice a new hero, fine, but not at the expense of helping your teammates.

Deleted
    Whether you like the statement or not, that's how it is. You can't change it, you just need to adapt to it or stick to ranked or playing with full group of friends. I hated it before last patch too, but now I just play Ana and nothing else, nobody can complain cause I am the only one who often agrees to play the support, they'll just have to be happy that at least someone is playing one.

I was getting sick and tired of the game anyway, Ana keeps my interest for now. Solo queue experience no matter which queue you are in, is pretty tiresome. This coming from someone who's been down ranking and up ranking between 58-60 ever since ranked started. Can't play with friends cause they ain't good enough or high enough yet, I tried to play but that leads to instant down ranks if we lose and next to nothing gained if we we win.

As someone said earlier, the frustration that comes with it doesn't really make it worthwhile and someone with as competitive mindset as mine just can't really have it any other way. I play Ana because I can do damage, control the enemies and still keep my team alive and even turn someone who's below average into a hero for a bit with my ultimate. I am not probably good enough to play her on my rating and hope to keep or uprank, so I avoid it until I feel I am good enough with my aiming.

Anyway, as I said you can't change how such a large portion of the population feels, competitive players have ranked now. Going to quick play and expecting you to have it as your playground too is just quite selfish. Some matches are total roflstomps for sure, but those happen in ranked matches too even with viable comps on both sides. It happens, when it happens to me in quick play I simply leave and hope the next time I queue I get more balanced teams.

The matches are really hard to balance as well unless the queuing happens with assigned roles. I pretty great support player myself, but as Widowmaker or McCree I can't do much at all. The way the game was at the start it was "Play support or lose cause nobody else will", I ended up having dozens of hours players as support and next to nothing as most of the offensive heroes. Putting me into a team based on my skillrating after doing rated only as Mercy, Lucio and Zarya won't do my team much good if I end up playing something a lot different. Quick play offers a place for one to test the heroes, but it isn't only meant for that in the end. I hate to play my "worse heroes" and never get anything done when ontop of me not playing my best hero, I also have a team that doesn't pick any sensible comps. In that situation one has to remember that it is a playground for very casual players, at times very bad players who haven't played any FPSes before.

Let them have their playground, maybe one day they learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Those of us not playing the hero you want us to play are not "trolling". If you think that hero's needed so badly, you play them. That power is in your hands, and you don't even have to get angry about it.

If I see we need a healer, I'll play a healer, but if you tell me not to play Ana, and I want to play Ana, I'm gonna play Ana. We needed a healer, I'm healing. You not liking how I make that choice isn't my problem, and if you think Lucio's a better healer for this map, the field's wide open for you to play Lucio, yourself. Nothing's stopping you.

This whole thing boils down to angry people who blame other players for refusing to play by their made-up non-rules, while at the same time refusing to abide by those same "rules" themselves. If you just sucked it up and picked the hero you thought we needed, in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. You're just projecting anger at your own decisions.

And again; we're talking about Quickplay, not Competitive. I play Quickplay to have fun. Winning is fun. So is losing while we all run around as Winston. Hell, losing a tightly-contested game is fun.

If you're not having fun, maybe you need to take a time out and think about why you're even playing, in the first place.

Fun is a subjective term. What might be fun to you isn't fun for others.

while it sucks when you are getting horribly owned by your opposing team, imo, it also sucks when you are owning them and they have no chance at all. I that kind of person that enjoys 50/50 win rates in games.

It's just a game, have fun. If you want to take it seriously then play ranked.

Also, just pick whatever hero you like. Right now in WoW im playing an outlaw rogue (The most fun i've ever had as DPS), I have no idea how much DPS I do/how much I should be doing (Hell, all the outlaw rogue guides contradict eachother). I'm no hardcore raider or PvPer, I play to have fun. Sometimes we get carried away and forget that after all, it's just a game.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2016-07-25 at 02:32 AM.

I don't solo queue in Competitive.
    That's cute. You have an option