Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And why give them money, funding, etc?

thats not being mean to them... thats being nice to them. Yet they dont care because of their mentality.... so many times we give funding and training and resources to dictators, who then fund terrorists, and then we fund terrorists directly thinking... "this time it will be ok"
    Eventually people will have enough and start fixing the problem themselves.

We are going to live not only in interesting times but exciting times as well friend.

At least from the M.E?

My suggestions

1. STOP FUCKING ARMING RANDOM GROUPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND PUTTING THEM IN POWER
    2. STOP CREATING SAID GROUPS THAT EXIST IN 1, IF NONE ARE PRESENT
    3. STOP FUNDING THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 AND 2
    4. STOP DESTABILIZING COUNTRIES WITH NO END GOAL OTHER THAN ASSISTING THE RANDOM GROUPS IN 1 AND 2
    5. STOP BOMBING COUNTRIES AT THE OFF CHANCE YOU WILL KILL PEOPLE IN THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 OR 2
    Reasons why your suggestions won't work.

1. People selling them arms and people selling you fuel are in power.
    2. Selling 1 group arms so that when that group is in power they will sell you cheap oil, if no such group exists create one.
    3. Won't happen see 1 & 2
    4. There is always an end goal and that is money, see 1, 2 & 3
    5. The cost to benefit ratio is in favour of those selling arms & fuel. If one group doesn't want play nice sell arms & fuel to your own nation so they can achive point 2
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Understand that there is no us
    Understand that there is no them
    Understand there are people there and 99% of them just want to live out their lives the best that they are able and have done for tens of thousands of years.
    Be sensitive to fact that while our cultures differ, we don't own their culture and vice versa.
    Understand that the Middle East is a region which suffers and continues to suffer from the hands of violence and extremism.
    Encourage the foundation of sovereign nations that are secular. Keep religious zealots out of government.

Given those things:
    Yes, the US needs to be very careful in choosing their allys.
    Yes, the US has the right to offer it's support. When support is needed and asked for the US should more carefully consider it's involvement.

The same goes for any other nation.

For those thinking the US should just wipe the middle east from the map via full nuclear bombardment, take a good long look in the mirror. Do you see Mexico readying it's troops for combat in Syria? No. Do you see Brazil arming up to settle the score with these sons of bitches once and for all? No. It is absolutely absurd that people in the US assume some false sense of valor and honor from going to war, killing people and returning 'heroes' as it is for ISIS to claim the same for their 'rebel alliance of freedom fighters'. Let me tell you: there is nothing to be gained from war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Reasons why your suggestions won't work.

1. People selling them arms and people selling you fuel are in power.
    2. Selling 1 group arms so that when that group is in power they will sell you cheap oil, if no such group exists create one.
    3. Won't happen see 1 & 2
    4. There is always an end goal and that is money, see 1, 2 & 3
    5. The cost to benefit ratio is in favour of those selling arms & fuel. If one group doesn't want play nice sell arms & fuel to your own nation so they can achive point 2
    And those reasons you link is why we will continue to have terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Understand that there is no us
    Understand that there is no them
    Understand there are people there and 99% of them just want to live out their lives the best that they are able and have done for tens of thousands of years.
    Be sensitive to fact that while our cultures differ, we don't own their culture and vice versa.
    Understand that the Middle East is a region which suffers and continues to suffer from the hands of violence and extremism.
    Encourage the foundation of sovereign nations that are secular. Keep religious zealots out of government.

Given those things:
    Yes, the US needs to be very careful in choosing their allys.
    Yes, the US has the right to offer it's support. When support is needed and asked for the US should more carefully consider it's involvement.

The same goes for any other nation.

For those thinking the US should just wipe the middle east from the map via full nuclear bombardment, take a good long look in the mirror. Do you see Mexico readying it's troops for combat in Syria? No. Do you see Brazil arming up to settle the score with these sons of bitches once and for all? No. It is absolutely absurd that people in the US assume some false sense of valor and honor from going to war, killing people and returning 'heroes' as it is for ISIS to claim the same for their 'rebel alliance of freedom fighters'. Let me tell you: there is nothing to be gained from war.
    You should read the Quran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Eventually people will have enough and start fixing the problem themselves.

We are going to live not only in interesting times but exciting times as well friend.
    I prefer boring times honestly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    awwww such cute idealism
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    awwww such cute idealism
    Yup, thats all it is

I would not give money to extremest groups if it were up to me. Yet people think its a good idea for some... reason.

I prefer boring times honestly.
    Born to late to explore the world. Born to soon to explore space.

Born just in time to witness and participate in the largest civil war kicking off to date.

You should read the Quran.
    I don't understand what you're getting at? Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account

Born just in time to witness and participate in the largest civil war kicking off to date.
    I prefer being born just in time to explore dank memes

wtf are you even talking about?

I don't understand what you're getting at? Am I missing something?
    Clearly you are. Extremist Muslims are the ones who refuse to kill homosexuals or beat their wives.

Orthodox Muslims are the ones who are purging heretics and non believers.

Read a Quran. Learn what it is you are actually defending for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf are you even talking about?
    hes talking to me with that one.

I understand his reference

going to get the capt america gif hold....

I prefer being born just in time to explore dank memes
    They are exquisite!

10+ Year Old Account
    They are exquisite!
    If there is one thing we will agree on

its that Dank memes are great.

Clearly you are. Extremist Muslims are the ones who refuse to kill homosexuals or beat their wives.

Orthodox Muslims are the ones who are purging heretics and non believers.

Read a Quran. Learn what it is you are actually defending for a change.
    I'm an ardent atheist. However, I've read the Quran, I speak multiple dialects of Arabic (And Turkish and Farsi), and I've spent years of my life living in multiple Muslim countries working as a consultant for U.S. businesses looking to work in those countries. You don't understand how religion works, let alone how the Muslim religion works. Your personal, ignorant, uninformed, uneducated plain text reading of the English translation of the Quran is about as useful as tits on a turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm an ardent atheist. However, I've read the Quran, I speak multiple dialects of Arabic (And Turkish and Farsi), and I've spent years of my life living in multiple Muslim countries working as a consultant for U.S. businesses looking to work in those countries. You don't understand how religion works, let alone how the Muslim religion works. Your personal, ignorant, uninformed, uneducated plain text reading of the English translation of the Quran is about as useful as tits on a turtle.
    What Muslim countries and when?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yet people think its a good idea for some... reason.
    funding the enemies of enemies?
    Simple geopolitics
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    funding the enemies of enemies?
    Simple geopolitics
    Indeed it is, but this is back firing on the stupid scale. Its a lot of repeating the same thing and hoping it wont work

Geopolitics also tries to at least cool relations. For example, with China, they were technically fighting the soviets, it as an enemy of my enemy scenario. But the US also took a ton of measures to also improve relations. Its not the same way with terrorist and rebel groups. The US generally has a poor track record of maintaining good relations with these groups, and many tend to just go rogue, some join into ISIS, others become the guys who did 9/11