Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    The camera zoom level is obnoxious. Trying to see around my giant mount is annoying, which then leads me to have to use smaller mounts in order to free up viewing space so that i can actually see around me. :\
    Press Escape > Interface > Camera and set Max Camera Distance to Far. The game is set closer to "Near" by default and for some reason people can't seem to figure out that most of the people complaining just haven't moved past the default settings.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noix you're not getting it. its not about needing vs greeding its the case where you're doing old content and you get a boatload of old BoEs, if the item is not of your classes armor profficiency, you have no idea if its part of your collection or not without mailing it to a character that matches its armor type which is a huge pain when youre getting 100s of BoEs a day with efficient runs.

there's also the issues of class sets which share some looks with items that are non set. if you have the set version the wardobe says you've unlocked the lookm but without non set versions, only the class the set belongs to will be able to mog the look.
    The mod is very useful at really no loss or cost to those who want to use it I don't understand why y'all are trying to point out the subjective uselessness of it ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers resetting on the 26th.... Demon Invasions start tuesday maybe!!?!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    So you gonna need a green for mog.. with the addon.. why not just need it default since you gonna sell it in the end. soon as you get "said" green item its added.. and the default ui does show if you learn it or not. (atlest it shows on beta). meh shrugs.
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that if you can't "equip" the green (e.g., mail on a warrior), the default UI won't tell you if you have learned that appearance or not.

You've got to examine it on a character that can equip/learn it (right armor, right level, in some cases right class), which means you've got to mail them to the correct character to be sure.

With this add-on, it searches through your collection to see what has been learned, so it saves you the steps of mailing it around.

Leaving all that aside, how often are the shirts seen? I mean, I have a tabard on, and under that I have a breastplate/pauldrons/bracers. And under THAT, I have a snazzy "guild officer" shirt.

So do they show up in the "View Character" screen, or what?

I've already got Fashionista on all slots, but I'll be buying the cheaper shirts soon. Not that I can actually SEE them...
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-07-25 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    I'm not even slightly surprised you know three people who have "claimed" to have quit over the camera change. I doubt there was a distance one could zoom to see all the issues that raid team must have had, given the caliber of "socially balanced" players that comprised the team...

Pro Tip: Those Dear Diary, tear laden threads over the camera zooms are mostly people saying "I'm glad none of you pre-ordered."
    They were 13/13 mythic so I'm guessing they did something right. They didn't claim to quit I can see them on my bnet they're not logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Servers resetting on the 26th.... Demon Invasions start tuesday maybe!!?!?!?!!?
    Nah it'll be August 16th all of the content. That way they can say it was before the 17th

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people here today "if it doesn't bother me it's a non-issue". Newsflash at 7: different people have different opinions.

I've yet to see that "amazing, secret feature" that Fatboss hyped up around that event when they invited the various Youtubers. Screw him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    I've yet to see that "amazing, secret feature" that Fatboss hyped up around that event when they invited the various Youtubers. Screw him for that.
    We're still waiting on that big feature ghostcrawler hinted at.

What the fuck is this addon... Ingame feature does the exact same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I know 3 people already that have quit the game due to the camera zoom. One was raid leader for my old guild so that essentially breaks up the guild and any chance of them getting the raid group back up for Legion. I hate it too, not enough to quit but they really have their head up their ass on this one.
    I know five people who re-subscribed because now everyone is on equal ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if people are playing on tiny screens or what else, but I really don't see the zoom problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Press Escape > Interface > Camera and set Max Camera Distance to Far. The game is set closer to "Near" by default and for some reason people can't seem to figure out that most of the people complaining just haven't moved past the default settings.
    That HAS to be it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What the <snip> is this addon... Ingame feature does the exact same thing.
    It offers useful functions that are otherwise not covered by the default tooltip. Such as not needing to check the status of an item by having to mail it to a character of the appropriate armor or wield type first, for example.

You can also read through the prior comments. Not like there's all that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Your comment is ignorant. Those who have been discussing the camera zoom in the forums since it came up had by and large already been aware of the view distance slider being reset to the default in the Interface. It's about Blizzard altering the related CVar functions so players can no longer set the zoom beyond that whichis allowed by the interface (which had been around as long as this game).
    Last edited by Alayea; 2016-07-25 at 04:14 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that if you can't "equip" the green (e.g., mail on a warrior), the default UI won't tell you if you have learned that appearance or not.

You've got to examine it on a character that can equip/learn it (right armor, right level, in some cases right class), which means you've got to mail them to the correct character to be sure.
    I don't think level matters - before I got this addon, I mailed some plate to my DK that he was too low-level to equip (don't have a level 100 plate wearer) and I'm sure it showed the indication OK.

But it definitely won't show unless the armour type matches your class.

(not sure about class-specific items.. would have dig a BoE tier 1 set piece out of a lowbie alt's bank to check)

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I know five people who re-subscribed because now everyone is on equal ground.
    You've always been on equal ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I don't think level matters - before I got this addon, I mailed some plate to my DK that he was too low-level to equip (don't have a level 100 plate wearer) and I'm sure it showed the indication OK.

But it definitely won't show unless the armour type matches your class.

(not sure about class-specific items.. would have dig a BoE tier 1 set piece out of a lowbie alt's bank to check)
    I'm pretty sure that you have to be able to equip it, to be able to get the 'mog.

My level 35 mage has access to 11 head slots (including 3 cosmetic goggles and naval hats, 4 level-appropriate including cloth heirloom, and 4 level 85-100 restricted). So I don't have much choice (7, including the heirloom piece he's currently wearing) for his head appearance (though I'll probably end up using the cosmetic "Fel-Proof Goggles"...).

My level 100 warlock has the class-mog-610 from the salvage yard, so he has a total of 12 head slots, but with no level restrictions. So class-specific does restrict things.

Ion is digging his heels in on the camera, like I predicted. He can be pretty stupidly stubborn over issues, and this one is going to blow up further. Flying 2.0 is started.

It's a small, stupid thing that some people knew about, and some didn't. It's not game changing or breaking, it's been around 11 years. But now all of a sudden it cannot exist - that says to me it breaks something in Legion, that they don't want to design differently for, that somehow the camera helps you see something you shouldn't, or get past content easily - the same reasons why they dug their heels in on in flying for WOD - it was all design decisions.

Ion just doesn't learn. Stock up on popcorn! This whole issue could have been solved by reverting the camera change, and continued to work on the issue of what causes sickness for some players. But noooooooo....lol.

Ion Hazzicostas, you know nothing!

ran into some confusing stuff with wardrobe:
    bought orgrimmar grunt set, equiped it all, got a notice its been added, and when i vendored them back they were removed from the wardrobe :/

also, bought some stuff of off the shatrah vendor (the one that was justice vendor if i recall correctly), equipped them to add to the wardrobe, than sold them and the appearances were gone.

am i right to think that it is so because of the 2hour sell back period?

Deleted
    Cool add-on, very useful. Sending all boe items to alts not knowing if item is in wardrobe is getting tedious quite fast. Thanks to add-on authors for making it!