Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Okey, could anyone tell me what the RoTB buff priority is?

I'm guessing it's something like this

True Bearing
    Buried Treasure
    Broadsiders
    Shark infested water
    Grand Melee
    Jolly Rogers

Wanted to know since I want to put it all up on my "Tell me when" addon
    From my experiece raiding with it this week its SIF, TB, Broadsides, Buried Treasure, Jolly Roger, and then Grand Melee. Notably, grand melee goes WAY up if you are taking a lot of damage as 20% leech is quite a lot

7+ Year Old Account
    Okey, could anyone tell me what the RoTB buff priority is?

I'm guessing it's something like this

True Bearing
    Buried Treasure
    Broadsiders
    Shark infested water
    Grand Melee
    Jolly Rogers

Wanted to know since I want to put it all up on my "Tell me when" addon
    There is no such prio list as some of them are way better alone or paired with other

True bearing is really not great alone outside of AR but it's really good if paired with buried treasure or broadside... It's probably bottom of the list if alone.

Making such a list is not really useful as even if you class them best to worst when you have a single buff some pair are way better than other.

It's also very situational... TV is great in-between burst phase but not so great for burst... Infested shark water and buried treasure are good for burst ... Or broadside 2 ... Also don't underestimate grand melee and jolly Roger they can be good if paired with other.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-07-24 at 02:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Urgh, it's going to be such a pain in the ass to learn the buffs and which combinations I need or when I should reroll
    Yeah but it bring a bit of complexity to the spec witch is fun... I mostly go with feeling lol. Play it a lot and you will get the feels for what's good what's okay and what's not good in most situations... I've done like 30+ Mythic since the patch was released just to practice it and I can say I really enjoy the spec ...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did outlaw get some kind of Stealth nerf? While doing BGs this weekend I noticed that I'm getting sapped by a lot of other rogues while I'm stealthed, and I don't think I've once seen one of them up close. I know there is a lot less emphasis around stealth for outlaw from a spec identity perspective, but I haven't been able to find anything that says "You're easier to detect while in stealth" vs. Assassination and Subtlety.

Also, what's with Vanish? There have been so many times I pop vanish when I'm in trouble, and for the full 3 seconds I'm getting hammered on by people and I end up dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Also, what's with Vanish? There have been so many times I pop vanish when I'm in trouble, and for the full 3 seconds I'm getting hammered on by people and I end up dying.
    maybe you have vendetta on you :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    maybe you have vendetta on you :P
    Perhaps, but I thought the whole point of Vanish was that it was a heightened stealth that nobody could see through?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Perhaps, but I thought the whole point of Vanish was that it was a heightened stealth that nobody could see through?
    yes, but the whole point of vendetta is that you cant disappear from it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanish bug is once again in effect.
    It comes back every now and then.

Basically auto-attacks/pet focus isn't updating the instant vanish is used. There's a slight register delay that's causing issues right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Vanish bug is once again in effect.
    It comes back every now and then.

Basically auto-attacks/pet focus isn't updating the instant vanish is used. There's a slight register delay that's causing issues right now
    No, that's not it you aren't becoming invisible to other players until 1-2 secs after hitting vanish or hitting normal stealth. I have 30ms and every rogue I see is delayed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    No, that's not it you aren't becoming invisible to other players until 1-2 secs after hitting vanish or hitting normal stealth. I have 30ms and every rogue I see is delayed.
    OK - so either way it sounds like a problem. I remember for the longest time that Vanish + Cloak of Shadows was a get-out-of-jail-free card unless you had some powerful bleeds on you and weren't a dwarf.

Does anyone know what the deal is with outlaw and their stealth detection? I feel like I never find other rogues anymore, it was never a problem for me previously.

Deleted
    At least you drop combat when you vanish now. I can finally sap other Rogues vanish's again after 4 years.

Deleted
    Atm balance is a bit funky with prepatch and all. But have anyone tested outlaw on beta? how do it preform compared to Assasin at high lvl with the arefact? In prepatch assasin is so far ahead its not even a question what spec to play, and if the unbalance is so high on 110 whats the point go outlaw (Pve)

Ugh, I really wish they'd just take Opportunity off the GCD.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Is it a good idea to fish for true bearing in the prepatch, or should I just try and get 2-3 buffs (excluding grand melee)?

Quote Originally Posted by Korkk View Post
    Is it a good idea to fish for true bearing in the prepatch, or should I just try and get 2-3 buffs (excluding grand melee)?
    You reroll RTB if you get a single proc Grand Melee.

If you single proc True bearing and don't have AR or MfD, you reroll, otherwise, use up AR/MfD, then reroll asap.

A single proc Shark infested waters is situational for a reroll - if you have no CD's, and are in plain downtime, reroll it, but if you have aoe packs coming, and/or a cd or two to use, use em/kill em, then reroll for another buff.

The rest of the buffs (broadside, jolly Roger, buried treasure) stand well on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Osianic View Post
    if the unbalance is so high on 110 whats the point go outlaw (Pve)
    There isn't one. Both Assassination and Subtlety are superior to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    My problem atm is that this hasn't been true for me at all.

Despite trying with assassination to beat outlaw, it's just not working. And i'm beating the equally geared sub rogue every time as well (and when he's outlaw, but he hates the spec and doesn't reroll rtb).

I will admit that i don't use the alchemy trinkets, though i've tried using the heirloom trinket with little effect.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    except when you have to AOE

or if you get lucky RTB procs and mop the floor with both those specs

outlaw has the potential to outperform any spec in the game even in a straight up single target fight
    AND it has the potential to underperform any spec in the game

that's kinda what it is
    but for dungeons and AOE fights it's still the best spec

I just personally like the game play of Outlaw far more than the game play of Assassination and especially Subtlety (which IMO, just feels like shit). I don't particularly care if Outlaw is under Assassination or Subtlety so long as it's not FAAAR inferior, as long as I'm enjoying it when I play it. I really wish people would add that into the discussion when talking about differences between specs. I know in progression raiding it's all about the numbers, but if you're just playing the game, running LFR and normals, not trying to be a realm first, play what you enjoy playing...I've never seen any spec be SO inferior that it just flat out wasn't viable in a casual raiding/ dungeon-ing scenario which is where I think the vast majority of the population is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy outlaw, and plan on main-ing it in Legion (assuming it stays the same).
    Finally got my app spot in a raiding guild (quit a few months before HFC launch) and it was feast or famine for me last night.
    Got a disgusting number of single GM and TB, and multiple 6-rolls (with about 5% boss health left of course).

Question though; I'm trying to figure out the movement talents and I like grappling hook, but feel uber-slow when it's on CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.