Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    There was a guy on general chat on my server today. He said he was playing his first character and just got to 100. Wanted to know how he could do all the missions in Tanaan. Somebody told him he needed a level 3 garrison and then he could build a shipyard, go to Tanaan and build an outpost.

Since this is his first character he'll never be able to do that now. He has no way to generate the gold that is required for the upgrades. If Legion were actually released he could start on that. But it's still a month and a half away. Guy like this comes back to the game only to find out he's been blocked from current content.
    You get more than enough gold through questing from 90-100 to upgrade your town hall all the way to level 3. The level 1 shipyard costs 150 gold. There's nothing hard about getting into Tanaan Jungle.

At this point why would anyone want to spend gold on buildings or Town hall. I rather bank that gold, do the treasures and bank that gold as well.

A returning player who brought legion get their 100 boost, with a level 3 town hall.

Reality of this topic is, "My Daily gold pickings is gone!" How dare you Blizzard! How DARE YOU!!!

the people complaining about no garrison gold are the same ones that were complaining about "being forced" to do garrisons last week

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Someone from my raid team came back to the game from having not played since Wotlk, and got to 100 on Monday. His garrison will be nearly impossible to setup and use at this point, which is a shame.
    by impossible you mean an ever flowing gold source? cause its rather easy to get a garrison up and running as soon as you hit 100

At the very end of an expansion, after a huge content drought, and especially with people returning in preparation for Legion you would expect Blizzard to try to make it easier for players to complete their characters.

But with this pre-patch they have shown amazing pettiness in many aspects of the garrisons and professions. Anybody trying to complete a characters professions or even finish leveling a new character before the start of Legion is going to have a harder time instead of an easier one.

A few examples:
    They didn't just remove follower gold missions. They removed every last thing that can make any gold at all. Even things like the Leatherworker or Inscription daily quest no longer gives gold.

The daily pet battle in the garrison now only gives 4 tokens instead of 8.

The cost of all crafting items for sale from the daily Trader have quadrupled. Makes it a lot harder to top off professions by having alts buy the stuff you need from the Trader.

I'm baffled by some of these small-minded changes. If their intent was to make the garrison absolutely worthless then they should have waited until there was some new content to do. New players and returning players who are finishing up their WoD leveling are still going to be working on their garrison because that's the game they currently have to play. Why make it even more miserable at this stage?
    Sounds like you're late to the party to worry about any of this WoD-specific stuff. Most important things you can do right now have nothing to do with your garrison:

- Learn your new spec. Everything has changed. You can get a head start on even the best geared WoD characters if you know how to play your spec. After all, you'll have every chance to be as geared as they are a week into Legion.
    - Learn your off-specs. You're not limited to 2 anymore. Don't be a one-trick pony; learn to do all the things your class can do.
    - Work on your transmog. Seriously. You're gonna be looking at your toon on the screen much longer than you'll be looking at your garrison. Create a look you're excited about. Maybe solo some legacy raids for old tier sets.
    - Join some groups. Don't worry too much about loot, since that will all be replaced as soon as Legion hits. Just get back in the swing of things.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xss View Post
    You make a lot of gold leveling throughout Legion. Gray items off of trash mobs are worth 25g.

Not sure what this has to do with preparing for Legion, but I don't do pet battles so I'm not sure what the tokens do or how they'll be used for Legion.

Agreed, but like how it didn't matter if you were 1/700 in WoD, I doubt 650/700 for your profession will matter going into Legion. I'm assuming you'll be able to start crafting Legion items without having it maxed, same way you were able to in WoD.

Overall, not sure what any of this has to do with preparing your character for Legion.
    Because you're thinking of it as a level 100 character going into Legion, not a fresh character that now has to level through WoD, which arguably was one of the largest gold sinks the game has ever had when it came to the story because of the Garrison. Now new players have no real way of making the gold necessary to bump their garrison up as the story needs (I mean, not that it's required to do very much at ALL, but you still need to do some work on it). Yes, we can argue all day that leveling through WoD is trivial IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, or you can get all the gold you need IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, but random joe schmuck that has never leveled through WoD is going to be in for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because you're thinking of it as a level 100 character going into Legion, not a fresh character that now has to level through WoD, which arguably was one of the largest gold sinks the game has ever had when it came to the story because of the Garrison. Now new players have no real way of making the gold necessary to bump their garrison up as the story needs (I mean, not that it's required to do very much at ALL, but you still need to do some work on it). Yes, we can argue all day that leveling through WoD is trivial IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, or you can get all the gold you need IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, but random joe schmuck that has never leveled through WoD is going to be in for a ride.
    you only need your base garrison to level, you don't need level 2 or level 3

Deleted
    TBH i was surprised they removed gold from the JC daily, since that actually required you to mine or craft a item.

Blacksmith no repair buff still works so thats nice, but i imagine it wont anymore at lvl 101. i guess the disenchant hut also won't work for legion materials.

garrison still quite useful for my tailor to make bags though.

the real thing im wondering is why they left garrison hearthstone in the game, they could have made people rely on the shipyard compass or increaes it's cd.

Deleted
    Good riddance to the /faceroll gold. It is not gaming to relog to get gold, it's a chore. Besides, with WoD Garrisons, the game didn't really change that much in income for those that knew how to make gold, it was mainly a difference for those that never did anything more than killing mobs or directly selling farmed mats.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You have to understand pre-patch is mainly there to give you time to adjust.
    Actually it's an early beta test.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must be playing same alternate reality version of the garrisons. Upgrading each building costs 750 to 1000 gold per level. Upgrading the garrison itself to rank 3 so you can build a shipyard costs many thousands of gold. The garrison no longer generates even remotely the amount of gold required just to do it's own upgrades so you can play through the content. Resources are not the chokepoint. Gold is, unless you have other high level characters. Without the basic gold missions the garrison cannot fund it's most basic upgrades.

The only thing that Blizzard has nerfed in the Garrison, is the ability for maxed out Garrisons to earn sackloads of gold.

Your friends who are coming back into the game this week, and starting on their Garrison for the first time, are having exactly the same experience as the millions of other subscribers who played WoD from the beginning.

No one started out with a full army of max level followers, all with the Treasure Hunter perk, and all out running Level 3 Inn missions for gold. No one started out with a full fleet of epic ships in a maxed out Shipyard. Every player started out at square one, just like your friends, and had to invest time and gold into their garrison before it could start being profitable.

Your complaint is totally invalid.

boo fucking hoo. If you would have stay subbed for even a month you would have been fine. I made 800k to buy my wife a swift spectral tiger, 400k for Cms, well over 150k for misc. shit and still have 300k saved up.

Deleted
    Those changes were needed. I'm glad Blizzard implemented them.

I look at my Garrison now and it just isn't the same without those gold missions.

A nerf to spawn rate or gold rewards would have been fine but nooooo the pendulum had to swing the entire way!

There is no lemonade left to make, only lemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    This is the first sensible point in this thread. I agree.

Blizzard should remove the gold requirement for buildings/plans/upgrades and change it to GR alone.
    This I can agree with. Lets face it without gold missions, garrisons get fairly expensive for no real benefit. The up front cost was justified by being able to make it up later, and that is not really possible now. Frankly this is basically a couple of week issue for returning or new players that plan to play the content that has come out. For those that will level after Legion launches it will be of no concern as there will be absolutely zero reason to invest in ranks of the garrison or its schematics.

So basically what you have is a one month issue that will fix itself once Legion actually launches. Way I look at it tbh, you went this long without playing WoD, so waiting another month shouldn't be that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard rarely ever nerfs things with the surgical precision that they should.

More often than not, it's done with a butchers cleaver with no finesse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    So basically what you have is a one month issue that will fix itself once Legion actually launches. Way I look at it tbh, you went this long without playing WoD, so waiting another month shouldn't be that hard.
    Well, no, some players will want multiple L100 characters, and won't have the ones they want. L90-100 will be a PITA.

Which you could argue is reasonable. Or not. I mean, I leveled 11 of them, but there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    I look at my Garrison now and it just isn't the same without those gold missions.

A nerf to spawn rate or gold rewards would have been fine but nooooo the pendulum had to swing the entire way!

There is no lemonade left to make, only lemons.
    lol. However did anyone enjoy WoW before garrisons then? I suppose they were all sucking lemons from Vanilla right up through MoP. WoLk, BC, Cata... Straight lemons. Never got to do table missions so they must not have had any fun.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    L90-100 will be a PITA.
    They've reduced the exp to level quite a bit, it's like 600k per level. If you pick up the 20% exp potion from a level 2 garrison it goes a lot quicker. I used that plus hairlooms and was 98 after doing the Gorgrond bonus objectives and a few dungeons when they popped.