Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Hat's off to Blizz

There was so much drama in so many threads about how Blizz was going to ruin tanking, but after a weekend (my weekend is Fri-Sat) of tanking HFC, mythic dungeons, and TW... I have to hand it to them. I am having a blast on all my tanks - DK, Bear, and Paladin. They are all different but all engaging and fun to play. I love the new special effects. I love that there are some interesting choices to make among talents, and I haven't even gotten to my off-specs yet.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I primarily play Holy on my Paladin and switched to Prot to check it out. Haven't switched back yet, the sound effects alone are freakin amazing.

Deleted
    All the moonfire going on with bears is bizarre, but then again I actually decided to tank some content so I suppose I must like it.

On my DK I love having Heartstrike back, the special effects for Wraithwalk (badass!) and most of all... BONESTORRMMM!!!!

On my Paladin I love all the clanging hammers and the new best CD in all of tanking: Final Stand.

On my Bear... Bears are friggin awesome. Mountain of health, new high-rez form, and beast-mode cooldowns.

Only problem with tanking is not being able to play more than one at a time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caewyr View Post
    All the moonfire going on with bears is bizarre, but then again I actually decided to tank some content so I suppose I must like it.
    I haven't played with Galactic Guardian yet, and I mostly use Moonfire the way I used to use Faerie Fire. Bummer to not have the ranged silence/interrupt anymore, but it’s nice to be able to keep hitting the boss when not in melee range.

I’m currently spec’ing:
    • Blood Frenzy
    • Guttural Roars
    • Feral Affinity
    • Mighty Bash
    • Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc
    • Guardian of Elune
    • Rend and Tear

Deleted
    Yeah all tanks are amazing. I love my dk (alt) but also my Prot warrior offspec. I'm not changing main however, as arms warrior are simply amazing

Deleted
    I don't plan on ever tanking, but I would love to level as a Paladin with a shield. Would that be feasible or just too slow? I vaguely remember something about being able to level as healer or tank in Legion, but I am not 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the new setup of tanking actually puts you in the game, not just AFK -> Await ability -> Press buttons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I want to thank you guys. Im honestly far too easily swayed by opinion of some internet hotshots so I basically wrote off my protadin because characters like Preach were telling me the spec was shit. It bothered me because I had just finished levelling mine and the Legion artifact for Prot is the best looking one out of all IMO. Ive avoided logging onto my prot because I felt I was going to be let down.

Having seen this I am going to go home after work, (sleep) then log onto my protadin and blast through timewalking. I'd spent so much time listening to the opinions of those I trust to actually try things out for myself.

Im mad because Im bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only tanking spec i'm sorely disappointed in is Brewmaster, which is quite dull and uninspired, and has very little to offer imo.
    Blood, Guardian and Prot are all visually enjoyable and quite refreshing, if not as challenging as they used to be at times. Havoc and Prot Warrior are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    I want to thank you guys. Im honestly far too easily swayed by opinion of some internet hotshots so I basically wrote off my protadin because characters like Preach were telling me the spec was shit. It bothered me because I had just finished levelling mine and the Legion artifact for Prot is the best looking one out of all IMO. Ive avoided logging onto my prot because I felt I was going to be let down.

Having seen this I am going to go home after work, (sleep) then log onto my protadin and blast through timewalking. I'd spent so much time listening to the opinions of those I trust to actually try things out for myself.

Im mad because Im bad.
    I suspect even Preach would review the classes differently if he was doing it today. His video was from the test server, while Blizz was still watching and taking notes and making changes. Entire tiers of talents have been moved around since then. I think you'll have a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I don't plan on ever tanking, but I would love to level as a Paladin with a shield. Would that be feasible or just too slow? I vaguely remember something about being able to level as healer or tank in Legion, but I am not 100% sure.
    ? Leveling as tank has always been faceroll easy - and fun! Sure you do less damage than DPS, but your whole approach is different. You don't kill one mob at a time. You pull the whole zone lol. As much as you can agro at one time, then AoE them down. It's a blast because (vs quest mobs) you feel invincible.

I'm glad some people are finding enjoyment in 7.0 tanking.

Myself, I'm finding it here and there. The Guardian Druid is a work of art right now. The fluidity of the gameplay, the synergy between abilities, truly game-changing talents & a varied toolset make me incredibly jealous of those that main them right now. Death Knight is also pretty fun, and you can put me in the camp that kinda enjoys Brewmaster, despite it's obvious reliance on the artifact.

Protection Warrior, however... Good lord that spec is pretty damn garbage. The only thing I enjoy about it right now is making WeakAuras for Ignore Pain. I've played a Warrior since TBC, and this is the worst I've seen Warrior tanking.

Deleted
    I dont like blood dk much anymore in legion after it was my second favorite spec of all in wod. DS feels weak, bonestorm looks pretty good but adds nothingg survial really, dont like how ds heals now and that heals for max of 20% of dmg taken in last 6sec. Blood dk is suposed to be self sustain tank, while other tanks do it lot better then us. also blood feels so slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Tank class has been more powerfull then the dps spec for quite a while! Your paladin will kick any player or mob that comes on your way dude! so try it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Leveling as tank has always been faceroll easy - and fun! Sure you do less damage than DPS, but your whole approach is different. You don't kill one mob at a time. You pull the whole zone lol. As much as you can agro at one time, then AoE them down. It's a blast because (vs quest mobs) you feel invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Tank class has been more powerfull then the dps spec for quite a while! Your paladin will kick any player or mob that comes on your way dude! so try it out
    I am definitely going to try that now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    I primarily play Holy on my Paladin and switched to Prot to check it out. Haven't switched back yet, the sound effects alone are freakin amazing.
    Was gonna main enhance, but guild today just lost a healer so they made me go back to my paladin. I actually feel a lot happier. I have to play holy which is fine since it's fun but I've tried out prot as well, fucking love blessed hammer.

Must be getting all the bad tanks in my games this weekend. They all seem clueless and when they get hit they all flop around. An thats before I even add in the tanks in FLR...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Was gonna main enhance, but guild today just lost a healer so they made me go back to my paladin. I actually feel a lot happier. I have to play holy which is fine since it's fun but I've tried out prot as well, fucking love blessed hammer.
    I wasn't a fan of Blessed Hammer at first (witness my comments in the prot paladin thread of class forums), but I'm coming around to it. I'm kinda old school and always loved spamming Hammer of the Righteous. But Blessed Hammer is most effective on that tier atm and is kind of fun once you get several of them flying at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Must be getting all the bad tanks in my games this weekend. They all seem clueless and when they get hit they all flop around. An thats before I even add in the tanks in FLR...
    lol - ran into a few of those trying to do TW on my rogue. Had to coach one DK through every pull in Arcatraz, as well as opening a book so we could re-spec his talents. Some of that was unfamiliarity with TW dungeons and some was him never having looked at a 7.0 guide before queuing for an instance. :P

Prot warriors and prot paladins are tons of fun. I'm kinda glad I went into it thinking it would be horrible (at least regarding my paladin) because I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    50/50 for me. Had some amazingly smooth runs (in timewalking) where I was expecting wipes with getting new abilities. Tanks stayed solid in their health (Druid / warrior). Don't know what it was with Blood DKs. Health went ping pong in a scary way.
    I agree on that about blood DKs. My warrior and paladin had solid HP pool throught the fights but man... my blood dk was stressing me out with the sudden drops on HP pool... I guess he is more dependent on his artifact weapon (i tried blood dk on beta w/ the artifact weapon and he seemed pretty solid)

Deleted
    Problem with people making a "review" is, that they are not aware (or some viewers might not be) that playing a class is about the feeling you get when pushing buttons. Just because a loud majority say X class is boring , it can still be your favorite class.
    Also "reviews" from a alpha/beta/ptr still means that stuff can still change - as it is a work in progress.
    I remember preach was bashing all tanks at some point, telling how hard it was to stay alive etc. - but for me at that point during beta I did not encounter these impossibility. He was specific bashing violet hold, which I had no problems doing on normal or heroic.
    I even did a mythic+5 while he was complaining about how useless all tanks were, and how they couldn't stay alive.
    Remember not to trust any reviews - keep your mind open and be skeptical about what streamers claims. Specially if they are over excited or angry about stuff.