Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Having a lot of fun leveling as Survival. Didn't think I'd like it this much.

Being able to transmog my polearm with 2H axes and swords makes Survival fucking awesome no matter how dumb the mastery is. I'm diggin the mail warrior with a grappling hook.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    Hey guys,

I noticed that a lot of people are interested in the basics of a rotation priority, I'm quite new myself and this is my 1st WeakAura, so I am open to criticism.

I made this WeakAura for the PTR which turns it in to a whack-a-mole style of play, which should be easier than having 20 brand new abilities thrown at you,

Admittedly, this won't cover any artifact stuff since I'm not in the beta - but let me know if you spot anything else you would like me to change!

For the new players, your rotation and priority will be something like this: Harpoon>Explosive Trap>Lacerate>Aspect of the Eagle>Mongoose Bite x3>Snake Hunter>Mongoose Bite x3>Trap>Lacerate>Raptor Strike x4
    I got a drop on Xu-tenesh tonight and started digging into SV, and was wondering where to fit in the Raptor Strikes. I mean, they're listed as a filler in the guides, but they also buff our other attacks (WotM) so it would be nice to get that buff early. I'm also spec'd into Serpent Sting, so I want to get that going.

Does everyone agree with kaneo that Raptor Strike should wait till you've gone this deep into your rotation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't even remember the existence of a PvP polearm.
    There is: Warmongering Combatant's Pike
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=126484/w...s-pike&bonus=0

I bought one myself to practice, then got a drop on Heroic Xu-tenesh tonight (war-forged woo-hoo!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    If that is true, it is absolute horse shit.
    I think it's fair. I too got a 655 in the mail, while a mythic-raider friend got the 705. The one they mail you reflects what you might have had if you had already been playing SV as an off-spec. It's not hard to get something better. Tanaan and Ashran, as usual, are the easiest routes. You could have a 700 or 705 in less time than it takes to complain about it here.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I found myself trying to Axe build instead because maintening WotM felt really awkward, the buff is very short and I didn't find myself having the focus to spend on it as often as I expected, making the rotations pretty punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Survival. 10char
    Azortharion - did you/would you consider adding a bit to your guide on Icy Veins regarding the rotation for WotM builds? You recommend this talent for multiple targets, but your rotations don't mention Raptor Strike at all. I am curious how and when you fit RS in when you're playing SV.

And thanks! For sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I think it's fair. I too got a 655 in the mail, while a mythic-raider friend got the 705. The one they mail you reflects what you might have had if you had already been playing SV as an off-spec. It's not hard to get something better. Tanaan and Ashran, as usual, are the easiest routes. You could have a 700 or 705 in less time than it takes to complain about it here.
    How can it even resemble anything fair? I didn't even have a non-Survival spec active. Both my main and secondary were Survival.
    It was only pure luck that I had a bunch of apexis stockpiled so I could buy the baleful weapon token and upgrade it.
    As well as enough Valor to upgrade it.

But even now, I have the 705 epic version, I am still 10 ilvl below what I had before.

Or take it this way, when Blizzard goes:
    "Hello Player A. We can see you killed all bosses on mythic once. You have probably bought it and are still holding your ilvl 600 green quest gun. Here, have a 705 weapon for your 'deeds' in HFC!"

"Hello Player B. We can see you never killed any HFC bosses. even thought we see you are currently holding a 715 epic gun, you can only get a 655 weapon. Better luck next time!"
    Last edited by zyx; 2016-07-25 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    How can it even resemble anything fair? I didn't even have a non-Survival spec active. Both my main and secondary were Survival.
    It was only pure luck that I had a bunch of apexis stockpiled so I could buy the baleful weapon token and upgrade it.
    As well as enough Valor to upgrade it.

But even now, I have the 705 epic version, I am still 10 ilvl below what I had before.

Or take it this way, when Blizzard goes:
    "Hello Player A. We can see you killed all bosses on mythic once. You have probably bought it and are still holding your ilvl 600 green quest gun. Here, have a 705 weapon for your 'deeds' in HFC!"

"Hello Player B. We can see you never killed any HFC bosses. even thought we see you are currently holding a 715 epic gun, you can only get a 655 weapon. Better luck next time!"
    Ok, I can see hunters who were MS SV having their ranged weapon replaced with a polearm of equivalent I-lvl. All 3 or 4 of you (just poking fun, but you must know there were few).

Not sure how they would track that. Another option would be to have a vendor that lets you trade in any ranged weapon for a polearm equivalent.

But seriously, 99% of players who have been at 100 for a while have piles of apexis laying around. Think every alt I have is sitting on over 100k of them; that's what they buy their Seals of Fate with every week. So almost everyone should be able to go by Tanaan and immediately get a 695 polearm that upgrades to 705. Those without a shipyard can spend an hour running random BGs and get a 700 pvp one.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't valour upgrade the polearm you get... if this is true, then the HC Manno polearm is automatically better in terms of ilvl (715+10) than the 720 you get for being "mythic".

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, you can't valour upgrade the polearm you get... if this is true, then the HC Manno polearm is automatically better in terms of ilvl (715+10) than the 720 you get for being "mythic".
    The stars lined up for me last night, even if it is only a month before Legion goes live. I applied to a pug to get my weekly Archie kill to finish upgrading my ring. I've been doing N groups for faster ring crystals but found a H one with only Mannoroth and Archimonde to go. Came down to me and one healer vs. Mannoroth at just a few % - we got him! Used my seal for a bonus roll... and got Zu'tenash war-forged 725 - upgradeable to 735! Best part is feeling like I earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness, that healer must have been mad spamming heals at that point to keep us both up, and probably deserves more credit than I do. Did not notice if they got loot or not, but I hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

Have there been any blue notes or other such from Blizz addressing the state of SV mastery? Any clues to whether they are aware of how bad it is at the moment? Maybe they have reasons for not changing it, like expectations it will scale better later in the xpac, or maybe they've just been busy and could tune it any day now...?

Most likely they're just having a go at all the BM hunters who are stacked with mastery gear and they will buff mastery as soon as we've given up and swapped out all our enchants.

Deleted

Have there been any blue notes or other such from Blizz addressing the state of SV mastery? Any clues to whether they are aware of how bad it is at the moment? Maybe they have reasons for not changing it, like expectations it will scale better later in the xpac, or maybe they've just been busy and could tune it any day now...?
    I dont think they even said something about SV mastery and about the time - well its easy to put something like - also inc stacking dmg from mongoose bite charges or increase pet attack speed, something rly simple and small that will make it less useless.

What pet's are you all using? I'm leveling now and loving it, but pet maintenance is still a little bit of a bother (going to drop to one for quicker transition I think), but still just using Humar and sometimes he'll lollygag around in prowl. I still have spider as well for PVP, but in just outting with 1 pet, was looking like something with mortal wounds would be the only thing with a slight bump (group play), unless kept pet in tank mode (ungrowled) for the clapper?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    I found myself trying to Axe build instead because maintening WotM felt really awkward, the buff is very short and I didn't find myself having the focus to spend on it as often as I expected, making the rotations pretty punishing.
    I am getting so frustrated trying to keep up WotM that I'm tempted to do the same. I wonder who's having success with it, and how they're doing it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    What pet's are you all using? I'm leveling now and loving it, but pet maintenance is still a little bit of a bother (going to drop to one for quicker transition I think), but still just using Humar and sometimes he'll lollygag around in prowl. I still have spider as well for PVP, but in just outting with 1 pet, was looking like something with mortal wounds would be the only thing with a slight bump (group play), unless kept pet in tank mode (ungrowled) for the clapper?
    I went for the one that matches my transmog. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I use a raptor either specced ferocity or tenacity, depending from the situation (dungeon/raid or solo). The crit bonus is quite good for surv.

For PvP I use my spider sometimes but with the Ranger's Net talent is slightly obsolete (it can save you a GCD at times but that's it) and the scorpid comes more in hand with its 25% healing reduction (both cunning-talented, of course).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-07-25 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I use a raptor either specced ferocity or tenacity, depending from the situation (dungeon/raid or solo). The crit bonus is quite good for surv.

For PvP I use my spider sometimes but with the Ranger's Net talent is slightly obsolete (it can save you a GCD at times but that's it) and the scorpid comes more in hand with its 25% healing reduction (both cunning-talented, of course).
    Crit bonus? Unless I'm missing something else, but all pets had their buffs removed, meaning that Raptor does not give 5% crit chance buff any longer.

I actually prefer Camouflage for PvP, the stealth is nice, but for BGs and such I do think that the Ranger's Net is better. Camouflage feels more solid for Arena.

Just like DarklingThrush, I'm using something that matches my transmog and will match the general theme of the Artifact Weapon (which are kind of bird themed for those who didn't know). Here's my pet, Beaker, the Bird of Prey;

Last edited by Typhod; 2016-07-25 at 03:57 PM.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    Crit bonus? Unless I'm missing something else, but all pets had their buffs removed, meaning that Raptor does not give 5% crit chance buff any longer.
    It could be, honestly I don't use it much lately as I'm doing a lot of PvP. If that's the case, the pet choice in PvE environments is even more pointless than before and it can pretty much go on personal preference alone.

I actually prefer Camouflage for PvP, the stealth is nice, but for BGs and such I do think that the Ranger's Net is better. Camouflage feels more solid for Arena.
    Ranger's Net is quite good in Arena, the root has DR but the ability basically no cooldown, which means you can "rotate" its usage on several targets and kite the enemy team to hell. It's also good to simply kite a chasing enemy when you try to save some HPs or avoid being trained. Survival is very "hit and run" in PvP, after all.

Overall I think is a more useful choice than Camouflage, since you just can't manage to make a valuable use of a stealth ability like a Rogue would do. The only reason to choose Camouflage over Ranger's Net is the possibility to safely regenerate a solid chunk of health during its duration, which can come in hand in 2v2 when you have no healer.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-07-25 at 04:10 PM. Reason: goddamn typo
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Nice one ^ gonna see how it looks on orc, looks like they will be better than BElfs and i am going to reroll again.

Part of me misses my spirit pets, but a Shadow Hunter can never go wrong with trusty raptor at his side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post

Just like DarklingThrush, I'm using something that matches my transmog and will match the general theme of the Artifact Weapon (which are kind of bird themed for those who didn't know). Here's my pet, Beaker, the Bird of Prey;

I dig it!

- - - Updated - - -

It could be, honestly I don't use it much lately as I'm doing a lot of PvP. If that's the case, the pet choice in PvE environments is even more pointless than before and it can pretty much go on personal preference alone.

Ranger's Net is quite good in Arena, the root has DR but the ability basically no cooldown, which means you can "rotate" its usage on several targets and kite the enemy team to hell. It's also good to simply kite a chasing enemy when you try to save some HPs or avoid being trained. Survival is very "hit and run" in PvP, after all.

Overall I think is a more useful choice than Camouflage, since you just can't manage to make a valuable use of a stealth ability like a Rogue would do. The only reason to choose Camouflage over Ranger's Net is the possibility to safely regenerate a solid chunk of health during its duration, which can come in hand in 2v2 when you have no healer.
    I spec Camouflage for the same reason I use a raptor - lore and role play. Camouflage fits nicely with the idea of being a Shadow Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me misses my spirit pets, but a Shadow Hunter can never go wrong with trusty raptor at his side.
    I used the green-ish spectral tiger from Hyjal for most of WoD (and catch her was quite a pain, I have 4 copies of the blue-ish version in my stables I tamed back then as I patiently waited the green one) but I was never a fan of spectral beasts honestly. In the end, I always preferred a raptor around or a tiger at most. Well, except in PvP where I had to go with spider/scorpid out of needed effeciency.

But still, I collect my pets always choosing a green theme in them. I picked the green spectral tiger, tamed the dark green turtle from Pandaria, the green tiger from the Jade Forest, the fel-twisted spider in Talador (which most of them can't be tamed as they are Demons, only the little ones are labeled as Beasts and they grow 10x when you tame them xD) or the scorpid from Silithus, which is either green or brown. I do this to fit my transmogs that are always green-ish (as well my hair, that are green as well :P)

I spec Camouflage for the same reason I use a raptor - lore and role play. Camouflage fits nicely with the idea of being a Shadow Hunter.
    Agreed, lorewise it fits greatly. I use it myself for world pvp and simple questing/farming. But in Arena I use what I find most efficient.

I used the green-ish spectral tiger from Hyjal for most of WoD (and catch her was quite a pain, I have 4 copies of the blue-ish version in my stables I tamed back then as I patiently waited the green one) but I was never a fan of spectral beasts honestly. In the end, I always preferred a raptor around or a tiger at most. Well, except in PvP where I had to go with spider/scorpid out of needed effeciency.

But still, I collect my pets always choosing a green theme in them. I picked the green spectral tiger, tamed the dark green turtle from Pandaria, the green tiger from the Jade Forest, the fel-twisted spider in Talador (which most of them can't be tamed as they are Demons, only the little ones are labeled as Beasts and they grow 10x when you tame them xD) or the scorpid from Silithus, which is either green or brown. I do this to fit my transmogs that are always green-ish (as well my hair, that are green as well :P)

Agreed, lorewise it fits greatly. I use it myself for world pvp and simple questing/farming. But in Arena I use what I find most efficient.
    Sure. What build are you using for PvE? I gave up on WotM and spec'd Throwing Axes. The rotation feels smoother but I'm still hovering around 50k dps. Can't seem to break through.

Deleted
    Sure. What build are you using for PvE? I gave up on WotM and spec'd Throwing Axes. The rotation feels smoother but I'm still hovering around 50k dps. Can't seem to break through.
    Same here may be the problem is lack of addons for me. But i kinda forgot to have it on 4 stacks all the time because i am more into watching my dots and mongoose mechanic.