Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Was using the spec icey veins recommended first, just changed it up abit and it makes the way you play different. Call me stupid but from how specs have impacted the game much lately I didn't realise it would.

What specs are you guys enjoying the most? Don't just say boulder spec that's not much of an insight lol
    Depends on what you are doing. For example-

In pvp this build provides really good burst and its just really fun imo-
    1.Windsong
    2.Feral lunge
    3.Lightning surge or earthgrab
    4.Hailstorm
    5.Overcharge
    6.Fury of air
    7.Earthen Spike

This build provides a lot of on demand damage and burst with short CDs and just some rotational damage. Its extremely fun. Overcharge brings lightning bolt back into the rotation, Earthen spike is instant damage and causes you to do 10% more damage for 10 seconds so during that window you can pop windsong, hailstorm, feral spirits along with some lightning bolts and just blow people up in RBGs and arena. Im sure theres other builds you can go with for pvp, but this one is extremely fun to play with and provides really good burst damage as well as decent rotational damage. Fury of air along with hailstorm and feral lunge give you a ton of uptime on your target as well as boosting your damage at the same time.

As for pve, a lot of stuff is apparently up in the air, but following wordups guide it goes
    1.Boulderfist
    2.Feral Lunge
    3.Cant remember, most likely lightning surge totem
    4.Hailstorm
    5.Tempest and possibly Empowered stormlash
    6.Crashing storm
    7.Landslide

I cant really comment much on this build since Ive mainly been pvping recently, but its provided really good results for people who are currently mythic raiders. The pvp build I mentioned is what I found to be the most fun out of anything so far. Its pretty fast paced though since you take windsong instead of Boulderfist, not sure if your a fan of fast or slow rotations.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-23 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I'd say give it more of a chance. Once you properly adapt to it its awesome. I much prefer it to the old way now.
    I'm trying very hard to like it since the patch. I spent the time to understand how it works (its not conplicated anyway). Tried with boulderfist and rockbitter playstyle. Tried in raid and pvp...
    There is nothing to do, I cant stand it. Every night I log out out of frustration after 2 hours max.... This is by far my favorite toon, main character since my first day 10y ago. I'm not going to play an alt as my main now. WOD was the first expension I made my account sleep for a year. I paid a month of gametime one week before pre-patch to give legion a chance but the new spec is the killing blow.
    I'm good to stick to the general OT section of mmoc.
    Cheers, wow players!
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-07-23 at 09:32 PM.

yeah im just not buying into it. feels so limp...even if i was topping dps charts (which i was doing before prepatch) i would still feel like it was lackluster. Currently I am barely able to be middle of the pack dps. Not trying be a troll or just down on the spec. I actually love alot of the thought behind the talents but it just isn't coming together for me. Hopefully the artifact will be what brings it all together. In the mean time I wish I wasn't irrelevant till August 30th.

I prefer the old version, I like support abilities and it seems we've lost all of them unless you count Stormlash which is a passive and rainfall which is hilariously weak.

I loved Fire Nova, Fire Ele, AG, (MOP) Ascendance, Liquid Magma, Elemental Mastery ridiculous haste stacking, Sham Rage, Healing Steam but most of all I miss Grounding, Tremor, and Windwalk totem. The timing, skill, and knowledge that went into maximizing these 3 abilties has left a gaping hole in the Shaman class for me. Anyone can spam damage or healing.

I have no doubt Enh will be a more desirable raid spec but it isn't the same class.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2016-07-24 at 04:42 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

I think the main reason I've enjoyed enhancement for so long is that the playstyle was based around short skill cooldowns instead of a resource. I also like using skills almost every GCD, but not spamming the same one. For these reasons I really enjoyed how enhancement played on the beta prior to the maelstrom nerf.

They just need to return gust of air into the talent tree and scratch rainfall, which nobody will use ever.

Then give us back shamanistic rage and wolf healing, and we'll be fine in pvp. Frostbrand needs to apply a snare from range.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did some world quests in beta mind you I also have the uber 1200 Agi Elixir ticking away in the background, but I am absolutely loving Enhancement now, with the Skada has been updated for Legion prepatch..

I am using it on Beta and been getting some very good numbers have been easily getting over 100k sometimes over 200k dps not to bad considering I have a 835 ilevel and level 13 Artifact Knowledge.. And not forgetting I have 6 of the 8 set Shaman CH armor set..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-07-24 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know. Now when i got the new rotation down, i don't notice that much difference... It's some kind of "everything changed but it does not matter overall" thing for me. Nothing really negative saying about it, but i like not having totems and aoe is definitely better, so it's mild positive overall.

I don't know about new animations either. They are flashier yes, but also look a bit weird, because they "over-animated" them (it's old rule of animation though) where they strike fast, but kinda freeze on the pose after that. Like you do uppercut but stay in the pose with your fist up for a half a second.

Anyway, as the change was not that great IMO, enhance will still stay as my main.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish everyone just would not look at DPS numbers when discussing the feel of a class.

If your love for Enhance hinges on pretty numbers I have no fucking idea what youve been doing for the last 8 years.

I absolutely love the new Enhancement playstyle. Mind you, I've only ever played my shammie as an alt, but I'm genuinely considering abandoning my druid main which I've played since TBC to switch to my shammie. For druids, balance feels awful right now, and resto is just the same old spec it's been for the past two expansions. Throughout WoD I wanted to play my shammie more, but Enhancement felt so convoluted, with a shit ton of abilities, procs and CDs. The new system is way more intuitive, while still leaving a lot of room for optimization and quick decision-making.

Deleted
    Too bad you feel this way. I used to love enhance in vanilla and I've hated it ever since it became all about stacking a buff to pop big lightning bolts. When I tried Legion on the alpha/beta client, however, I instantly fell in love with the spec and haven't been able to let it go ever since. It feels smooth, looks spectaculair and blizzard absolutely nailed it when it comes to the fantasy behind the enhancement shaman. It feels good to finally have the gameplay centered around actually enhancing things again.

Edit: Try it again once artifacts are available. I feel like the artifact traits and the ability help smooth things out a bit.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2016-07-24 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I really wish everyone just would not look at DPS numbers when discussing the feel of a class.

If your love for Enhance hinges on pretty numbers I have no fucking idea what youve been doing for the last 8 years.
    Oh come on now...are you really trying to say that effectiveness has nothing to do with fun? So its ok if tanks are out dpsing you as long as the rotation is engaging right? lol

Not saying topping charts is everything...(hated arcane gameplay) but it does play a part in the entertainment factor of a class

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post
    Oh come on now...are you really trying to say that effectiveness has nothing to do with fun? So its ok if tanks are out dpsing you as long as the rotation is engaging right? lol

Not saying topping charts is everything...(hated arcane gameplay) but it does play a part in the entertainment factor of a class
    I agree that performance plays a big part in the percieved fun of a class (despite me personally disagreeing with that effect, I know I feel it too). On the other hand, pre-patch is way off on balance and things are missing that are core so that's a factor too.

Not really. I turn off my meters and only revise them in between encounters SPECIFICALLY because this obsession with meters creates some truly bad habits in people.

I really don't get it. Mythic raiders look down on formats like LFR, and then proceed to abuse classes like arcane mages who turn the content into the equivalent of what they were looking down on.

I don't care how I perform against some OP class, or I wouldn't play hybrids. There's not a single hybrid, druid or paladin or monk or shaman who has ever been consistently better off than pure DPS classes. Rogues, mages, warlocks, and hunters have always ruled the meters. It's nothing new.

But here's the good news. You didn't need to stack or even have arcane mages to beat any encounter. You really didn't.

The obsession with optimal has been stretched way too far in the MMO genre. It's even spread to single player games and it's laughable, because in Witcher 3 all these people advertise these cheesy builds that trivialize a game when the truth is any build will do the trick. If you want to optimize to such an extreme point so as to bypass encounter challenges, I don't think we share much in common in terms of goals for a game.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-25 at 03:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I agree that performance plays a big part in the percieved fun of a class (despite me personally disagreeing with that effect, I know I feel it too). On the other hand, pre-patch is way off on balance and things are missing that are core so that's a factor too.
    Unless you are being subbed for other classes purely for your class. In HFC sometimes i was benched although i did solid dps just for utility reasons and those crazy rogues trumping all other melees.

For me that was a fun killer in WOD. Missing e.g. the first 6 kills of council because of that because they didnt wanna risk it.

After what they did to Retribution Paladin, I needed a new class to play, and I have to say, I haven't had this much fun playing a class/spec in years, everything flows so well and it's all just a spectacle to behold, the talents really give you a lot of choice in how you wanna play, personally I like simplicity so I try to pick the ones that don't change too much, but I have that option and I love it.

It's got choice in how you wanna play, if only Ret had this sort of treatment, that spec should be put down, dreadful.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Right now? DPS means nothing. Its Pre Patch and people need to accept that. Shit is broken. Right now we are focused on the gameplay. Engaging rotations. Tuning needs to happen on BETA not on Live.

What we want to know right now is, how does the rotation feel? Is Rockbiter too spammy? Is Boulderfist boring? Is Flame and Frostbrand too cumbersome? etc etc.

If people are saying they arent enjoying the feel of the class because their numbers are low, in the prepatch I really dont know how to help that person.

Come raids and dungeons that means something, it is a valid concern and a valid point to some degree.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-07-25 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Unless you are being subbed for other classes purely for your class. In HFC sometimes i was benched although i did solid dps just for utility reasons and those crazy rogues trumping all other melees.

For me that was a fun killer in WOD. Missing e.g. the first 6 kills of council because of that because they didnt wanna risk it.
    Find a different guild. It's like people pretending Xhul was impossible to beat without DK's. Bad people relying on crutches instead of getting better at an encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Find a different guild. It's like people pretending Xhul was impossible to beat without DK's. Bad people relying on crutches instead of getting better at an encounter.
    Apples and oranges. In progress guilds you'd be stupid to make the fight harder for yourself by NOT taking the specs that clearly make it a lot easier to manage. It's simply reducing the number of headaches involved in an encounter.

Ofc it "is possible", but so is clearing it undergeared, or while listening to Bach in the background while your dog howls, point is you try to optimize and get ahead in progress, and every other spec is affected by that every now and then.

I'd wager that will be less of an issue than it has been in Legion, as long as DPS is fairly balanced (it'll never be perfect).

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Apples and oranges. In progress guilds you'd be stupid to make the fight harder for yourself by NOT taking the specs that clearly make it a lot easier to manage. It's simply reducing the number of headaches involved in an encounter.
    When was difficulty something to eschew, especially in a format where the whole point is that it's harder?

The only people who seem obsessed with simplified clears are those that feel like they're participating in a race. Which is something that starts when PvE folk try to imitate what PvP people have in competitive environments, which I find to be awful for such an ill fitted format of competition.

Perfectly fine specs are being excluded for ridiculous reasons. Not about clearling an encounter anymore, but how quickly can you do it compared to some other guild.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-25 at 10:07 AM.